Fair Game: Family Time

(I deleted a part that I really disliked so this is now the 99th chapter instead of 100th like I originally planned. Don't worry the part I deleted was something from early on, I promise it wasn't something you all liked.)

A/N: Related to the story "Bird's Nest".

Requested by: Jenni_thewolffaunus

Qrow and his husband, Clover, are cooking dinner. Soon, Ruby, Yang, Yang's wife, Blake, and their new baby, Luna will be over for a visit.

"Corvus, dinner's almost done, are the others here yet?" Qrow asked his twelve-year-old son.

"Yeah, they're here. Ruby just texted me." Corvus answered coming downstairs from his room.

"Then get the door for them please." Clover told him.

"Okay, Dad." Corvus said walking towards the front door.

He opens it and lets his cousins in. Ruby, of course, greets him with a big bear hug.

"Oh, Corvus, look at you! You're getting so big!" Ruby said squeezing him tightly.

Yang then ruffles the boy's hair once Ruby lets him go.

"Hey, kid, how are you and your dads?" Yang asked.

"Good." replied Corvus.

"Hi, Blake. Hi, Luna." Corvus said, waving to the cat faunus and the little eight-month-old baby in her arms.

"Hi, Corvus, it's nice to see you." Blake greeted with a smile.

"Come on, everyone, dinner's ready!" Clover said.

After dinner, everyone gathers in the living room. Qrow, Clover, Yang, and Blake sat on the couch while Ruby and Corvus played with Luna on the floor.

"Rubes, how come Penny couldn't come?" Yang asked her sister.

"She's been busy working with Weiss on some Atlas stuff." Ruby replied.

"So, how are things with Luna? Has she said her first word yet?" Qrow asked.

"*sigh* Not yet. But we've been trying." Blake answered.

"Ow! Sh*t!" Corvus yelped.

"Corvus!" Clover scolded.

"But, she pulled the feathers right out of my wings!" Corvus defended, pointing at Luna who had a fist full of feathers.

The baby cat faunus then attempts to stick the feathers in her mouth.

"No no no, Luna, don't put that in your mouth. Feathers aren't food." Ruby said prying the feathers out of the baby's hand.

Luna whines when her Aunt Ruby took the feathers from her, then she pouts.

"Sh*t!" Luna exclaimed.

Everyone's jaw dropped to the floor, completely shocked. Then Yang and Qrow busted into hysterical laughter while their spouses glared at them, Ruby just sat there still shocked, and Corvus got very nervous, knowing he was going to be in so much trouble.

"Umm...sorry." Corvus chuckled nervously.

Blake gives the young crow faunus a deadly glare, cat ears folded back.

"Awww, pussycat, don't be like that. Our daughter just said her first word!" Yang said hugging her wife.

"That's not what I wanted her first word to be!" Blake said, frowning.

"Sorry, Blake, but a baby's first word isn't something you can control. Yang's first word was b**ch." Qrow told her.

"No doubt, she got it from you." Clover said.

"Not...necessarily." Qrow replied.

"But, Corvus, you shouldn't curse in front of babies. Or at all." Clover told his son.

"But Papa says stuff like that all the time!" Corvus said pointing at Qrow.

"Well, he shouldn't either!" Clover said giving his husband a look.

"Aw, come on, just because you swear in front of kids doesn't mean they'll repeat it. I swore in front of Ruby A lot, and to this day she's never said a single curse word." Qrow said folding his arms and rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, she doesn't even say h*ll." added Yang.

Ruby just nods in agreement.

"So, what was Ruby's first word?" Blake asked.

"Cookies." Yang and Qrow answered at the same time.

Everyone in the room then starts laughing, because, of course, that would be something a baby-Ruby would say.