Fair Game: You Need A Break

Qrow's POV

For the past two weeks, Ironidiot has been overworking poor Clover. He's running him into the ground. The bags under his eyes are a sure sign that Clover's completely exhausted. He really needs a break, and I intend to give him one.

"Alright, that's enough reports and sh*t, you're taking the rest of the day off." I said ripping the files from Clover's hands.

"Qrow! I gotta have those done!" Clover protested trying to grab the files back from me.

"Nope. You're taking a break and that's final." I replied tossing the files aside and grabbing Clover's arm.

I walk him to my room and force him to sit down on the bed.

"Qrow, I'm fine." Clover said.

But, his disheveled sleep deprived appearance fails to convince me that he's "fine".

"No you're not, you're tired and overworked. You ain't gonna be able to do your job if you pass out from exhaustion." I said sitting beside him.

"*sigh* Okay, maybe you're right. But only for an hour, I still have a lot to do." Clover sighed laying back on the bed.

"That'll do, I guess. Though, in my opinion you need at least a day or two." I agreed.

Clover rolls over onto his stomach groaning.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"My back and shoulders ache." answered Clover, his face buried in the mattress.

"Don't worry, I got that covered." I tell him.

I place my hands on his back and feel just how tense and stiff his muscles are. So, to relieve all this tension, I begin to massage his back and shoulders. I can tell it's working cause I can feel him relax under my touch and hear his relieved sighs. He turns his head to the side and looks up at me smiling.

"You're such a good boyfriend. Thanks." Clover said putting his hand on my knee.

"You're welcome, babe." I replied bending down to kiss his temple.

After more massaging, I manage to lull Clover to sleep. I reposition him so that he's more comfortable. Then I cover him with a blanket and kiss his head.

"Sweet dreams, Cloves." I whispered raffling his hair.

I let Clover sleep for well over an hour. He needed it and I'm not gonna apologize for it; no matter how much Clover pouts. Now that he had some proper rest, my boyfriend looks a lot better than he did before. He looks less...dead on his feet. Now all that's left to do is to tell off General A**-hat for making my lucky charm work so hard.