Fair Game: The Bird At My Window

Clover's POV

For a while now I've had this...crush...on Qrow. I'm so infatuated with that attractive, scruffy-bearded huntsman. Though I just can't seem to find the confidence to tell him that...and I'm usually a very confident person. Something about that man just turns my brain to mush, and I can't function like a normal human being. On a different, but oddly similar note, for the past two weeks, a little black crow had been coming to my window every afternoon, tapping on the glass. When I would open the window the crow would have a moonshade carnation tucked in its beak. What's strange is...that's my favorite type of flower. I mean...call me crazy...but I'm starting to think this bird knows that somehow, and that's why it brings me one everyday. The crow would always linger for a bit, letting me pet it and talk to it. I would always talk about my day with the little bird...mostly about Qrow. The bird comes everyday without fail...it's routine now.

"That bird has to be someone's pet. It sounds too well trained to be some random wild bird." Elm said when I told her about the crow.

"It's so adorable. It's always brining me flowers." I told her.

"You should send me a picture. I wanna see this gift giving bird-friend of yours." Elm said.

"Haha, okay." I chuckled.

"Speaking of crows...when are you going to grow a pair and ask Qrow out on a date?" Elm asked with a smirk.

"I...I-I...umm...I-I don't know." I replied blushing furiously and looking at my feet.

"D*mn, Clove, he must really be something if thinking about him makes you act like a lovesick teenager." Elm laughed patting me on the back.

"Ah, hush up." I said playfully shoving her.

"I'm gonna go now." I said.

"Okay, see you later." Elm replied.

I go to my room and relax at my desk. I can't help but smile when I hear that familiar soft tapping sound. I head over to my window and open it. Sitting there on the windowsill is that little black crow holding a moonshade carnation in its beak. I pull out my scroll and take a picture, with the flash off so I don't scare it, then send it to Elm.

"Hey there, little fella." I said taking the flower from the crow.

I set the flower in a vase where I kept all the other flowers the crow has given me.

"I told Elm about you, today. She thinks you're someone's pet. Are you someone's pet?" I said as I was gently scratching under the bird's chin.

Then I pet the bird from the top of its head down its back.

"I wish I could talk to Qrow as easily as I talk to you." I sighed, continuing to pet the bird.

The crow stays at my window for another ten minutes before deciding to fly away. I watch the bird fly away until it's out of my line of sight. I can easily say that working alongside Qrow Branwen, and being visited by that little black crow are the best parts of my day. The next day, Qrow and I were on a mission...but it didn't really go that well, Qrow ended up getting injured. His injury wasn't serious, only a concussion, but he still had to stay in the infirmary overnight for observation. After I was sure that Qrow would be alright, I went to my room and waited for my bird-friend to visit me. I waited and waited...until it got dark outside, but the crow never came. I don't understand, the crow always comes to my window in the afternoons. Why didn't it visit me today? I hope nothing bad happened to it. The next morning, I go to check on Qrow and see him leaving the infirmary.

"Hey, how's your head?" I asked him.

"It's fine. Good as new. But I'm still off of huntsman duty for two days." Qrow replied.

"What's up? You look upset about something." he asked me.

"It's nothing you should worry about. It's just...for a couple weeks, I've been getting visited by this little black crow, and yesterday it didn't show up. I guess I was really looking forward to it coming by, and was a little disappointed when it didn't." I answered.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I'm sure it'll turn up again soon." Qrow said giving my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

Later on that day, I'm chilling on my bed, looking at stuff on my scroll when I hear tapping on my window. Excited, I quickly race to my window and open it. The crow had returned, but this time it had a note in its beak instead of a flower. I took the note and read it...it said, "Meet me in the park in Mantle on Saturday at 8:00pm. You'll find me at the bench with the bouquet of moonshade carnations on it.". The note didn't have a name on it, so I don't know who it's from. The crow then flies away before I had a chance to talk to it about my day...making me even more confused than I already am.

"So...that crow is someone's pet? And whoever that owner is wants to meet with me?" I said to myself.

On Saturday, out of pure curiosity, I go to the park in Mantle at 8:00 like the note said. Soon, I find the bench with the bouquet of moonshade carnations on it and sit on it. I pick up the bouquet and find another note. This one said, "I've always been head over heels for you, ever since the day we met. So do you want to go out with me and be my boyfriend?". Again...no name on the note. A loud caw makes me look up and I see a crow...the crow from my window...sitting on a tee branch. It flies down and lands on the bench next to me.

"What the h*ll is going on here?" I said very confused.

Suddenly the little black crow transforms into a man...and that man is...QROW! I'm in complete shock, my jaw is practically on the floor.

"Surpriiiissssse!" Qrow said with a wide smile.

"I...I...what!?!" I replied still very very confused.

"Look, I'll explain the whole thing later. So, what do you say, wanna date me?" Qrow asked.

"So...that was you the whole time?" I asked.

"Yes! Now answer my question." Qrow laughed.

"Yeah...I'll be your boyfriend." I told him.

Smiling, Qrow scoots closer to me then cups my face and kisses me. I've always wondered what it would be like to kiss Qrow...and now I know that it's freaking AWESOME!!

A/N: OMG! I fangirled the entire time writing this. This was just TOO CUTE!!😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄