Fair Game: An Atlas Wedding pt.2

A/N: I put "This Day Aria" up top because it's one of the best songs in MLP:FIM.

Ruby wakes up in a labyrinth of mines. She was surrounded by nothing but ice and stone. Then she hears sinister laughter.

"I gotta commend you, Miss Rose. You are one smart little girl." said the voice, Ruby recognized as Clover's.

"Where are you!? SHOW YOURSELF!!" Ruby shouted looking all over for Clover, but not seeing him.

"I'm in the castle...but you're deep in the old abandoned mines under the castle. This place hasn't been used in decades, most people nowadays don't even know it exists at all. So...it's the best place to hide a nosy little brat like you." Clover explained.

"Oh, by the way, there are monsters prowling around in there...so, be careful." he added.

"M-monsters?" Ruby said, voice trembling with fear.

"Well, how else do you think these mines were abandoned? Now...if you'll excuse me...I have a wedding to get ready for." Clover replied.

"The wedding's...today!?!" Ruby said to herself.

"WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING!?!?" she yelled.

There was no response, which meant that Clover was gone.

"I have to find a way out of here!" Ruby said standing up.

Ruby runs through the tunnels trying to find a way out. Soon she finds a dead end, but she looks to the left and sees a small gap. She was barely able to squeeze through. When Ruby got through the small gap, she ended up in a large, almost circular area. In there, she saw a disheveled looking Clover with dirty and torn clothing.

"YOU!!" Ruby growled.

"Wait, wait! I'm not...!" Clover said frantically as Ruby charged at him.

Before he could finish his sentence, Ruby tackles him to the ground and pins him down. She raises her fist, ready to punch him in the face.

"Wait, please! I'm not who you think I am. I'm the real Clover. The other one that's out there is an impostor!" Clover pleaded.

"Do you really expect me to believe that!? You turned my whole family against me, made everyone think I was crazy!" Ruby replied.

"It's the truth, I swear!" Clover defended.

Looking into Clover's eyes, Ruby only saw sincerity and kindness. She knew right there that he was telling the truth, that he was the real Clover and that the one she had met a couple days ago was a fake. So, Ruby lets go of Clover and gets off of him.

"Do you know who's impersonating you?" Ruby asked him.

"No, I don't. But whoever they are, they're planning something bad, I just know it!" Clover answered.

"I think it may have something to do with taking over the throne." he said fearfully.

"Why would they need to impersonate you to do that?" asked Ruby.

"Well, since King Ironwood doesn't have any heirs, and I'm a lord; if something happened to King Ironwood, I'm eligible to take the throne and become king." Clover explained to her.

"But, how does my uncle fit into all of this?" Ruby asked.

"I have no idea...but it can't be good." Clover replied.

Ruby didn't notice it before, but the entire time they were talking, Clover had been holding his arm which was bleeding, staining his pristine white shirt sleeve.