Sick Birdie

That morning, Qrow woke up with a splitting headache. He knew it couldn't have been a hangover, cause he hasn't been drinking as much as he used to. Then as he woke up more, he noticed the aches in his muscles. When Qrow threw the covers off a chill ran up his spine causing him to shiver harshly. Next came a seemingly endless string of coughing and hacking.

"Aw, sh*t. I don't have time for this." Qrow groaned realizing that he's coming down with something.

Even though he feels like absolute crap, the huntsman toughed it out and went about his day. But as the day went on, Qrow felt worse and worse, to the point where he could hardly stand.

"Qrow, are you alright?" Ironwood asked.

"Just peachy, Jimmy." replied Qrow.

"Really? Cause you sound like you've been gargling nails and you look like you're about to drop." Ironwood said, unconvinced that Qrow is 'fine'.

Before Qrow could say anything else, he's interrupted by a coughing fit that knocks the breath right out of him. As he's catching his breath, a dizzy spell hits him and his knees buckle.

"Qrow!" Ironwood shouted, catching his friend before he could hit the ground.

The general helps his friend to his room and lays him on the bed. Then he takes out his scroll and calls Winter.

"Winter, you need to come to Qrow's room quickly, he's very ill." Ironwood informed her when she answered.

"I'm on my way." replied Winter.

Winter makes her way to Qrow's room as fast as she can. When she gets there, she sees just how awful her boyfriend looks.

"What happened?" Winter asked Ironwood.

"He fainted. I think he might have a fever." Ironwood answered.

Winter crouches at Qrow's bedside and feels his forehead. He groans weakly, leaning into her touch.

"He's burning up." Winter said worriedly.

"Do you need me to stay here and help you take care of him?" Ironwood asked.

"No, I got it. Just send over some medicine." Winter told him.

"Okay. Keep me updated on his condition, please." replied Ironwood.

Winter nods, then Ironwood leaves the room. The huntress goes into the bathroom and wets a rag. She places the rag on Qrow's forehead to bring his fever down.

"W-Winter?" Qrow said waking up.

"Hey, my little birdie. How are you feeling?" Winter said stroking his head.

"Ugh...not so good." Qrow replied.

"Well, I'll take care of you and make you all better." said Winter.

She then leans down and places a gentle kiss on his head.

"Let's get you into some more comfortable clothing." Winter said walking over to the dresser.

She grabs some pajamas and helps Qrow into them. Then he lays back down while his girlfriend pulls the covers over him. At that moment the medicine arrives.

"Here, Qrow take this." Winter told him.

He takes the medicine without any trouble.

"Snowflake?" Qrow said.

"Yes, dear?" replied Winter.

"Lay with me." requested Qrow.

Smiling, the woman climbs into bed and holds her boyfriend in her arms.

"Love ya." Qrow whispered before falling asleep.

"Love you too." Winter whispered, kissing Qrow's cheek.

Later on when Ironwood came by to check on Qrow, he saw the two asleep in bed and decided to come back later.