Fair Game: The Black Bird of Vale pt.12

A/N: Vigilante AU.

Qrow, Clover, Pietro, and Penny are in the lair trying to figure out why Tyrian attacked.

"Perhaps he was hired by someone to get you out of the way." Penny said.

"Yeah, but out of the way of what?" Qrow replied.

"Hey guys, I found something. I had to do a lot of digging...some of it not exactly legal." Pietro said.

"What'd you find?" Clover asked.

"Okay, seven years ago there was a freak accident at Schnee Enterprises laboratory in Atlas. A man named Tyrian Callows was presumed dead but his body was never found. Everything about the accident was covered up, like as if it never happened." Pietro told them.

"Mhm, sounds like something that rat-b*stard would do." Qrow grumbled.

"That accident must be how Tyrian got that scorpion tail." Clover said.

"It looks like the entire company is known for their unethical and borderline illegal projects, but they get away with it because the owner is rich enough to do so." Pietro said looking at his computer screen.

"What is their latest project? Maybe that is what the attack was about." Penny suggested.

"Just give me a minute and I'll find that out." Pietro replied.

"Is he...hacking into Schnee Enterprises secret files? Is that legal?" Clover whispered to Qrow.

 "Yes to the first question, no to the second. But that Schnee is a crook so it's okay." Qrow whispered back.

"Ah! Here it is, I found it. Their latest project is something called...Project Lazarus." Pietro said once he found what he was looking for.

"What's it do?" Qrow asked.

"I don't know, I can't access that information. They really got this project wrapped up tight." Pietro sighed.

"Well, it sure sounds like something that someone would really wanna steal." Qrow said.

"And the project is being done in the Vale facility." Pietro told him.

"Okay, so whoever is after this thing knew I would get in their way if they tried to steal it. So, they sent Tyrian after me to make sure no one stopped them." Qrow theorized.

"We need to keep an eye on the place and take action if we see anything suspicious." he added.

"Qrow, hun, are you sure you should be fighting anyone. You just recovered." Clover said worriedly.

"Babe, I'll be okay. Besides, someone's gotta stop them." Qrow assured him.

"At least let me help, please." Clover pleaded.

"Clover..." Qrow warned.

"Please!" Clover begged.

"Alright, fine. But, you are not fighting, you're only doing surveillance, got it." Qrow relented.

"I can help too." Penny said.

"No." Clover replied.

"Absolutely not." Qrow added.

"Why?" Penny asked disappointed.

"Because you're a kid. That's why." Qrow answered.

"Just because I'm a kid does not mean that I am weak." Penny said putting her hands on her hips.