Fair Game: Roommates pt.2

A/N: Real World AU

It's been two months since Clover moved in, and Qrow can't get the man off his mind. He has a huge crush on him and doesn't know what to do. Qrow is way too shy to admit that he has feelings for Clover, he's also afraid of making things awkward between them...he's afraid he'll ruin the friendship they have been slowly building. And Clover's natural flirty attitude didn't make things easier for Qrow.

"Just get over it, Branwen. You don't have the best track record with relationships. So just do everyone a favor and spare Clover the burden of dating you...he's way out of your league anyway." Qrow tells himself.

Qrow has issues; issues that cause low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, occasional nightmares, and even more occasional sleepless nights. Tonight was not one of Qrow's "good" nights. He wakes up in the middle of the night sweaty and breathing heavily. Bringing his knees to his chest, Qrow wraps his arms around himself and buries his face into his knees.

"Qrow, are you okay?" Clover whispered gently knocking on the door.

"I'm fine." Qrow replied, voice wavering.

"You don't sound fine." Clover said slowly entering the room.

"It's just a f**king nightmare, nothing you need to be concerned about." Qrow muttered.

Qrow feels the edge of the bed dip a bit and then he feels a hand gently touch his arm.

"If it's bothering you this much, then of course it's something I should be concerned about." Clover said.

"This stuff happens pretty much all the time and there's no way to make it stop." Qrow replied.

"Have you ever tried seeing a therapist?" Clover asked.

"Oh come on, everyone knows therapists today don't help you understand why you feel the way you feel anymore; all they do nowadays is ask you four or five questions and then prescribe you an anti-depressant that half of the time have side effects that are worse than the depression itself." Qrow answered.

"While a lot of that is unfortunately true. Not all therapists are like that, some actually do help their patients." Clover told him.

"Let me know when you find one." Qrow mumbled burying his face back into his knees.

"I, um, may not be a licenced therapist and all; but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here." Clover said nudging Qrow so that he looks at him.

"Even if you just need someone to listen...well...these things attached to the ol' noggin aren't for decoration." he added grabbing at his ears.

"God, you're such a dork." Qrow chuckled trying not to smile.

Qrow begins to relax a bit just by Clover's mere presence.

"I'd hate to keep you up all night, but would you mind sitting with me for a while...I don't want to be alone." Qrow said shyly.

"Okay." Clover replied with a slight smile.

"Do want to sit in here or the living room?" he asked.

"Living room...watching tv helps keep my mind off of things." Qrow said.

Clover and Qrow go into the living room and sit on the couch. They sit there and watch reruns of an old sitcom about four old ladies. Qrow didn't know exactly when, but at some point he fell asleep. When he next woke up, his head was resting on Clover's shoulder, who was asleep. He scoots away a little embarrassed that he was practically snuggling with his crush. Clover wakes up with a yawn and stretches.