Fair Game: A Matter Of Life And Death pt.4

Qrow was back from the dead...but he had amnesia and couldn't remember anything...not even himself.

"WHY CAN'T HE REMEMBER ANYTHING!?" Clover shouted at Oscar.

"Well, he did just come back to life! Of course he's going to suffer from some psychological damage. Clover, Qrow's going to be fine, he'll get his memories back, he just needs time to rest and recover." Oscar replied.

Everyone takes Qrow to his and Clover's room to rest. Since he was freaking out so much, he had to be given a sedative to calm down. While Qrow sleeps, the others try to figure out how to bring his memories back.

"How are we gonna restore forty-six years worth of memories?" Yang asked.

"All we have to do is tell him about himself and that'll probably jog his memories." Ruby replied.

"That sounds like a great plan. No one knows Qrow better than all of us." Clover agreed.

"For now, let's just let him rest. We all should...it's been a long day." Ironwood said before leaving the room.

Next, everyone else leaves the room to go to their own. Ruby and Yang stay, not wanting to be too far away from their uncle.

"Here's some pillows and blankets, you two can have the couch." Clover told them.

"Are you sleeping in the bed?" Yang asked him.

"No, I'm gonna give Qrow his space." Clover replied.

"Then, where are you going to sleep?" Ruby asked.

"I'm not tired." Clover answered.

"But..." Ruby tried to protest.

"I'll be fine." Clover interrupted.

The young huntresses give him worried looks but got settled on the couch anyway. Clover sat at the kitchen table while the girls slept on the couch and his boyfriend slept in the bed. Ironwood was right, it had been a long day, but Clover just couldn't bring himself to rest. A lot of things were on his mind. What if Qrow never remembers who he is? Or worse...what if Qrow remembers everything but Clover? It would be like losing him all over again.

"Please come back to me, Qrow, I love you." Clover whispered to himself crying a little.

In the morning, Clover is still awake at the kitchen table when Qrow slowly emerges from the bedroom.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Clover asked Qrow as he sat at the table with him.

"Umm, better, I guess. Still can't remember a d*mn thing." Qrow replied.

"Is...is my name Qrow? Cause that's what I've heard everyone call me." he asked.

"Yes. You're name is Qrow Branwen." Clover nodded.

"Those girls over there, asleep on the couch, they're your nieces; Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long." he added pointing to Ruby and Yang.

"And...who are you?" Qrow asked.

"I'm Clover Ebi. And I'm your boyfriend, we're dating." Clover told him.

"Me not being able to remember any of you must be causing all of you so much pain...I'm so sorry." Qrow said frowning.

"It's gonna be okay, we'll help you remember. It's not your fault." Clover assured him, placing his hand over Qrow's.

Ruby and Yang wake up and see Qrow in the kitchen.

"Hey, Uncle Qrow." Ruby said.

"Hey....umm...?" Qrow replied.

"Ruby. I'm Ruby." Ruby told him.

"Oh...okay. For some weird reason...a different name came to mind...I almost wanted to call you, uh, what was it....Summer...or something?" Qrow said, rubbing at his temples.

Ruby smiled hopefully and was barely able to contain her excitement.

"Oh my gods, you're already starting to remember things. Summer was my mom's name...I look a lot like her." Ruby said hugging her uncle.

Then Yang gets the photo of team STRQ and shows it to Qrow.

"That's Summer, Ruby's mom; that's Taiyang, our dad; that's Raven, your sister and my mom; and that's you." Yang said pointing to each person in the photo.

For the next few days, everyone tells Qrow stories and shows him photos to jog his memories. And it works, Qrow slowly regains his memories, he's now at the point where he remembers everything up until just before they arrived in Atlas. Though, he still can't remember Clover and their relationship...which makes Qrow feel very guilty, because it's obviously causing the Ace Op a lot of pain and heartache. Qrow lays in bed staring at the ceiling while Clover "sleeps" on the couch in the living room. He can tell that Clover hadn't been able to sleep since he died and came back. He hears the door creak a little and looks towards it, seeing Clover in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you...I was just coming to check on you." Clover mumbled.

"It's okay...I was already awake." Qrow replied.

"You should be sleeping." Clover said coming into the bedroom.

"So should you...you look exhausted." Qrow said scooting over in the bed a bit.

He pats the spot next to him, signaling that Clover should lay next to him. Clover and Qrow lay in bed face to face, staring into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry I can't remember you right now...I promise I'll try." Qrow told him.

"I know you will. And if you don't...I'm willing to make you fall in love with me all over again." Clover replied.

"Am I really worth that much effort?" Qrow asked.

"Yes...for you, I'd...I'd do anything." Clover answered.

"And you wanna know why?" he asked cupping Qrow's cheek.

Qrow nods placing his hand on top of Clover's.

"Because...I. Love. You. And I always will." Clover said tearing up a bit.

Qrow is suddenly filled with so many strong emotions, he doesn't know what to do with himself. He didn't realize he had started silently crying until he feels Clover's thumb wipe away his tears. Looking at Clover smiling at him like he's the most beautiful person in the world makes Qrow's heart swell.

"Can I kiss you?" Qrow asked.

"W-what?" Clover replied confused.

"Maybe...if I kiss you...I might remember something. It's...it's worth a try." Qrow said shyly.

"Okay...I can't say no to that face of yours anyway." Clover said pulling Qrow close to him.

Clover gently locks lips with Qrow, who immediately relaxes in his embrace. When they pulled out of the kiss, Qrow buries his face into the crook of Clover's neck.

"You alright?" Clover asked.

"Yeah, it's just...I'm getting a lot of images in my head....you're a good kisser by the way." Qrow answered.

"Hehe...thanks." Clover chuckled.

Qrow hugs Clover tightly.

"You're...my everything." Qrow whispered into Clover's ear.

Clover's eyes widened as tears streamed down his cheeks. Then he hugs Qrow back tightly and buries his face into his shoulder sobbing quietly. He was so relieved to finally have his boyfriend back.