Fair Game: Rainy Days

Clover was at his desk finishing up some paperwork, waiting for his boyfriend to come home. He looks outside the window and saw that it was pouring rain. It doesn't rain very often in Atlas, but when it does, it rains hard. Signing off the last piece of paperwork, Clover leaves his desk then sits on the couch. An hour later, Qrow quietly walks in, soaking wet.

"Qrow? What the h*ll?" Clover said walking over to his boyfriend.

Qrow's clothes were completely soaked through and he was shivering.

"Honey, how long have you been out in the rain?" Clover asked.

Not saying a word, Qrow just simply shrugs. Frowning worriedly, Clover cups his boyfriend's face, which was wet and ice cold. His eyes were downcast and his face was emotionless.

"Honey, what's wrong? Did you have a bad day?" Clover asked gently.

Qrow nods slowly, sighing heavily. Clover grabs Qrow's hands and lifts them to his lips pressing light kisses to his knuckles. While kissing Qrow's hands, he saw scratch marks on the underside of Qrow's forearms.

"You had an anxiety attack, didn't you? I can tell you did, cause every time you have an anxiety attack, you scratch at your arms. Gods, Qrow, your arms are scratched up pretty good...you must have had a really bad anxiety attack." Clover said as he gently ran his fingers along the scratch marks on Qrow's arms.

"And the rain made it worse, right?" he asked.

Qrow nods again, then he shivers harder and his teeth starts chattering a bit.

"Lets get you out of these wet clothes and into something warmer." Clover said leading Qrow to the bedroom.

Once Qrow was out of his wet clothes, Clover dries him off then gets him dressed. The whole time, Qrow hadn't spoken a single word. In fact, he hadn't spoken since he got home, which is quite common when it comes to his anxiety and depression.

"Here, this should warm you up." Clover said helping Qrow into his favorite hoodie (which actually belongs to Clover).

He caresses Qrow's face and softly kisses him.

"Honey, you know if you ever feel like this, you can just call me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I'm never too busy for you." Clover told him.

Qrow's arms slowly snake around Clover's waist and he pulls him into a hug where he buries his face into the crook of his neck. Clover returns the hug, rubbing Qrow's back.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" Clover asked.

Shaking his head, "no", Qrow hugs tighter, still shivering a little from the cold.

"Wanna just lay down for a while?" Clover asked, unbothered by his boyfriend's clingyness.

Qrow nods, making a small sound of affirmation. Before getting them situated in bed, Clover grabs a fluffy blanket and wraps Qrow in it. Then he lays on the bed, pulling Qrow on top of him, who instantly nuzzles into his chest. As he held his boyfriend, Clover petted Qrow's head. The longer he held him, the less tense and shaky Qrow became.

"I love you." Qrow mumbled into Clover's chest.

"Love you too, baby bird." Clover replied kissing the top of Qrow's head.

After a few minutes of some quiet cuddle time, Clover and Qrow go into the living room and order some take out.