Fair Game: Lung Infection

A/N: Domestic Life AU

Clover and Qrow lay side by side in their shared bed in the apartment they've been living together in for the past year. Both were asleep, back to back. Late in the night, Clover feels his shoulder being nudged, so he rolls over and faces his boyfriend.

"What is it?" Clover asked yawning.

"S-something's....wrong..." Qrow replied breathless.

That's when Clover noticed that Qrow was very pale and sweaty, and that his breathing was ragged and heavy. He reaches out to him and cups his face.

"Qrow, honey, you're burning up." Clover said worriedly.

"I....I-I can't...b-breathe..." Qrow said before coughing and hacking.

His coughing seemingly had no end, he couldn't catch his breath, and his face started to turn red from the effort. Now Clover was terrified that something was seriously wrong with his boyfriend. He rubbed and patted Qrow's back until he stopped coughing.

"Clove...my...*gasp*...ch-chest...*cough**gasp*...hurts." Qrow said with tears in his eyes.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Just hang in there and I'll take you to the emergency room." Clover told him, getting out of bed.

Clover puts on his jacket then wraps Qrow in a blanket and carries him to the car. During the car ride, Qrow only got worse and worse. His breathing became more and more of a struggle, his skin got paler as time passed, and Clover began to feel a dangerous amount of heat radiating off of him.

"Hold on, honey, we're almost there." Clover said driving a little faster.

When they get to the emergency room, Clover carries Qrow in and asks for immediate assistance. Qrow is taken back and is examined by a doctor. First, he was put on oxygen to help him breathe, then his temperature was taken, it was 104.6 degrees.

"What's wrong with him!?" Clover asked frantically.

"We don't know yet, we're about to run some tests. But it looks like there's something wrong with his lungs." replied the doctor.

After the tests it was revealed that Qrow had a nasty lung infection. He was put on antibiotics for the infection and pain medication for the chest pain and fever. Clover sat at his bedside and held his hand.

"Get some sleep, honey, you look exhausted." Clover told him, brushing his bangs aside.

Qrow just nods with his eyes drooping, then he lets them close and falls asleep. After a while, Clover begins to nod off. Just when his eyes were about to close, Qrow's heart monitor starts beeping like crazy. Wide awake, Clover checks on Qrow. He was squirming and whimpering in his sleep. The nurses rush in, but Clover stops them.

"He's okay, he's just having a nightmare. He gets pretty bad ones when he's sick." Clover assured them.

"Honey, wake up, you're having a nightmare. Come on, please wake up." he said gently shaking Qrow's shoulders.

Qrow jolts awake with a weak yelp and looks around the room panicked. He locks eyes with his boyfriend and begins crying.

"Clover..." Qrow coughed.

"It's okay, honey, you were dreaming. Just calm down and breathe." Clover replied soothing his boyfriend.

When Qrow calms down, he tries to get his breathing under control.

"Yes, that's it, just breathe." Clover said petting Qrow's head.

"I think you should check his temperature again, he's still very hot." he told the nurses.