Fair Game: Bird's Nest pt.3

Two weeks ago, Clover and Qrow adopted a little boy named, Corvus. An orphaned crow faunus they found while on a mission. Now, the boy is officially settled into the house; with his own room, toys, and clothes. The family of three are on their way to the doctor's office to get Qrow's arm cast taken off; he had broken it during the mission. Once the cast was off, Qrow sighs in relief.

"Finally! I was getting tired of that thing." Qrow said wiggling his fingers and stretching his arm.

On the way home, something occurs to Qrow.

"Clover, did you ever tell your parents about Corvus?" Qrow asked his husband.

"Oh man, we've just been so busy getting Corvus settled in, I guess I forgot." replied Clover.

"Then I guess we should take a weekend trip to Argus, huh?" Qrow said.

"Yeah, that'd be great." Clover agreed.

"Hey, Corvus, do you want to meet your grandmother and grandfather?" Clover asked his son.

"Yes!" replied Corvus.

"I'll make the travel arrangements, while you pack." Qrow said.

At home, Qrow calls for tickets for a flight to Argus as Clover and Corvus pack for the trip. Clover puts Shamrock in a cat-carrier and got a couple scratches out of it.

"Are you going to call ahead and tell your parents?" Qrow asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna surprise them." answered Clover.

"Hehe, your mom is going to love Corvus." Qrow said hugging his husband.

"Oh, I know she will. She's been bugging me about grandkids since we started dating." Clover said, laughing at the end.

With everything ready, the three leave the house and head to the airport. They board an aircraft headed for Argus, which gets there by the morning of the next day. When they get to Clover's parents' house, they just open the door and walk in, since Joanna had insisted that they didn't need to knock because they were family.

"Mom! Dad! Qrow and I are here for the weekend, and we have a surprise for you!" Clover called out.

Joanna and Trevor walk into the foyer and greet their son with a hug.

"Oh, baby, it's so good to see you again!" Joanna said joyfully.

She goes to hug Qrow, but sees Corvus in his arms and immediately freezes.

"Is...i-is that...?" Joanna asked stuttering.

"Yes, Mom, that's our son. We adopted him two weeks ago." Clover replied.

Next comes a high pitched, ear splitting squeal from the legendary huntress, then she takes the boy into her arms and hugs him tightly, while jumping up and down.

"Ohmygodsohmygodsohmygods! Trevor! The boys got us a grandbaby!!!" Joanna cheered loudly.

"And look how cute he is!!!!" she added pinching Corvus's cheek.

"JoJo, calm down, you're going to frighten the little fella." Trevor laughed.

"And you're squishing me." Corvus squeaked.

"Oh, sorry, sweetie." Joanna said loosening her grip on the boy.

Clover takes his son from his mother and sets him down.

"Mom, Dad, this is Corvus. Corvus these are your grandparents, Joanna and Trevor." Clover introduced.

"Well, let's not stand here all day, let's go sit in the living room." said Trevor.

In the living room, Corvus sat in between his dads.

"Why didn't you tell me when you were considering adopting?" Joanna asked.

"Well...the adoption was a bit...sudden." Clover answered.

Then, he and Qrow tell them the story of how they met and adopted Corvus. Joanna nearly cried when they were explaining how badly Corvus was treated by his old village. Later on, Corvus was comfortable enough to sit in Joanna's lap, who he now calls Nanna. Now, Joanna is telling Corvus her old huntress stories...and stories about Clover's childhood...embarrassing stories.

"Hahahaha! Daddy got his braces stuck in the screen door? Hahahahahaha!" Corvus giggled.

"You had braces?" Qrow asked laughing.

"Only when I was twelve and thirteen." Clover replied blushing with embarrassment.

"Hahaha, oh boy, before Clover got his good luck semblance, he was the most clumsiest child ever. He always got into some sort of trouble." chuckled Trevor.

After everyone's laughter dies down, Joanna takes Corvus into the kitchen to make cupcakes. The cupcakes ended up being totally smothered in frosting and sprinkles. All in all the weekend was great, and Joanna completely spoiled her new grandson.