Lucky Snowbird: Recovery

Requested by: Jenni_thewolffaunus

A/N: Sequel to "Birdnapped".

Three days ago, Qrow was kidnapped and tortured. He's okay now, but he's still badly injured, and weak. But, he has two very special people taking care of him. His boyfriend, Clover; and his girlfriend, Winter. Occasionally, his nieces would also stop by and help. As of this moment, Winter is giving him a sponge bath while Clover went to get food. Seeing so many burns and scars covering the huntsman's torso makes Winter frown with guilt.

"Hey...Snow Angel, don't frown, you're too beautiful to make such a face." Qrow told her.

"I'm sorry..." Winter apologized, drying off her injured boyfriend with a towel.

She helps him into a shirt just as Clover comes in with food for the three of them. The Ace Op sets the food on the bedside table, then gives a kiss to both Winter and Qrow.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Clover asked Qrow.

"I'm fine...you two need to stop fussing so much." replied Qrow.

"Sorry, we're just trying to make up for what we did." Winter said.

"We're trying to make up for the fact that we're horrible partners." added Clover.

"What. The. H*ll! Is that supposed to mean?!? Who told you such a ridiculous thing!?!" Qrow asked, a bit angry.

"No one had to tell us anything. It's just that obvious." Clover answered.

"We weren't able to protect you from harm. We couldn't save you, someone else had to. We're failures." Winter said almost crying.

Qrow hated seeing the people he loved hurt like this. Though he has little to no strength, he tries his best to sit up. Winter and Clover see him doing this, and immediately try to make him lay back down.

"Qrow, what are you doing?" Clover asked frantic.

"Lay down!" Winter said, a little sternly.

Any strength Qrow might have had at that moment instantly drains away and collapsed back on the bed. He breathed heavily as sweat dripped down his forehead from the exertion. Now, the two atleasian soldiers are worriedly hovering over him asking him if he's okay a million times.

"Why would you try to sit up like that?!" asked Winter, gently caressing Qrow's face.

"I...wanted to...t-tell you guys...something important." Qrow replied winded.

"What's that, honey?" Clover asked, petting Qrow's hair.

"What happened...wasn't your fault. Don't sit there and blame yourself for things you can't control...that's...m-my thing." Qrow explained tiredly.

"I love you guys, I don't like seeing you upset like this." he added frowning sadly.

Both of his partners hug and kiss him.

"We love you too, little bird." Winter said softly.

"We don't like seeing you upset either...or in pain." Clover said resting his head on Qrow's chest.

For the rest of Qrow's recovery, Winter and Clover stop blaming themselves so much and were just there to love and care for their little bird. They mainly just keep him company and do things he can't do for himself. And the best thing they do for him, in Qrow's opinion, is cuddle with him whenever he asks.