Fair Game: Sundrop pt.3

A/N: Punzie spends the holiday break with Clover's family. And Punzie encounters her mother while at the Vytal Festival in Mistral.

After the last day of first semester....

Everyone in the school was packing up to go home for the holidays. Except for Punzie, she had very little possessions and nowhere to go.

"I don't know what to do. I can't go home, I just can't." Punzie said nervously gripping her hair.

"You don't have to, Punz. You can come home with me." Clover replied wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"I don't want to impose on your parents." Punzie said.

"Nonsense! My parents would love having you around." Clover said.

"Really?" Punzie asked.

"Mhm." Clover nodded.

"Thank you so much." Punzie said hugging Clover.

After Clover was done packing and him and Punzie said their goodbyes to Phillip and Rose, they went to Clover's parents' house, which wasn't far from the school.

"What are your parents' names?" Punzie asked.

"Trevor and Joanna." Clover answered.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home...and I brought a friend!" he said once him and Punzie were in the house.

"You didn't tell them I was coming ahead of time?!" Punzie whispered frantically.

Clover just shrugs with a goofy smile on his face. Then a very tall woman, which Punzie figured was Clover's mom, comes into the room and lifts Clover off the ground in a very tight bear hug.

"Oooooh, my baby boy, I missed you so muuuuuch!" Joanna said.

Then, she peppers kisses all over Clover's face. The young huntsman in training wiggles, struggles, and squirms, but couldn't escape his mother's strong hold. Punzie didn't know what to think or feel watching Clover receive real motherly affection. The only affection she got from her own mother was fake and insincere...a tool used to emotionally manipulate her.

"JoJo, dear, put him down. You'll embarrass him in front of his little friend." Trevor chuckled.

"Hello, young lady, what's your name?" he asked Punzie.

"I'm Punzie. Punzie Gothel." Punzie replied shyly.

"Oh, aren't you just a pretty little thing." Joanna said letting go of her son.

"Thank you." Punzie replied blushing a little.

"Well, come on you two, let's go sit and talk." Joanna said grabbing Clover's and Punzie's hands and dragging them into the living room.

"Soooo, how's school going? Are your grades good? Are you getting enough sleep...enough to eat? Do you have a boyfriend?" Joanna asked her son.

"Good. Yes. Yes and yes. And...no, not at the moment." Clover answered.

"How about you, dear, how's school going for you?" Joanna asked Punzie.

"Good, ma'am." Punzie replied.

"Well, that's great! I'm glad you kids are having fun." said Joanna.

"Tell us about yourself, Punzie." Trevor said.

"Ummm...well, I'm from outside of Mistral. I'm Clover's partner. I, um, like to read and paint, and stuff." Punzie said twirling a strand of her hair.