Fair Game: Sundrop pt.2

A/N: Punzie's first day out in town. And her first time being sick at school.

The Saturday after initiation day....

To say that Punzie was excited was a bit of an understatement. She was ecstatic. Today Clover was taking the rest of team CPPR out to Mantle to spend the day. Punzie...doesn't get out much...so he thought this would be good for her.

"Whatshouldwedofirsttheresjustsoooomanyplacestogoandseeandtheressomanypeopleeverywhereandnusteeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" Punzie squealed excitedly.

"Woah, Punzie, chill." Phillip said.

"Yeah, girl, calm down." Rose added.

"Sorry, guys, I just...never been in a big city or around a lot of people." Punzie replied calming down a bit.

"Yeah, Punzie's new to all this. So of course she's gonna be a little...hyper." Clover said.

"So, Clover, you grew up in Atlas/Mantle, what's the best place for teens to hang out?" Punzie asked her partner.

"Well the most popular place is this teen dance club, but that place doesn't open until 8:30pm. So for now we could hang out at the arcade." Clover answered.

"Arcade? I've never seen anything in my books about an...arcade." Punzie said confused and tilting her head to the side.

"Oh. My. Gods. We need to get her to the arcade, now!" Phillip gasped.

"YEAH! ASAP!" Rose said hooking her arm around Punzie's.

Rose practically drags Punzie to where Clover said the arcade was.

"Oooooooh!" Punzie said when she saw the inside of the arcade.

"What do you want to play first, Punzie?" Clover asked.

"I don't knooow! They all look FUN!!" Punzie answered.

Clover, Phillip, and Rose show Punzie a bunch of the games in the arcade. Some of them she was good at and others not so good at. One of the games she ended up being really good at was this game where you were this circle-thing that ate dots and was chased by ghosts. At one point a certain game really caught Punzie's attention. She excitedly drags Clover to the machine.

"What's this, Clover?" Punzie asked.

"It's a claw machine. You maneuver the claw to grab a stuffed animal and drop it into that hole there and you keep the stuffed animal." Clover told her.

"Let's play it!" Punzie said.

"Okay." Clover agreed.

They play the claw machine; Punzie didn't win, but Clover did and he gave his prize to her. It was a cute little green chameleon stuffed animal.

"You're so sweet, Clover." Punzie giggled.

Then she makes the stuffed chameleon boop Clover's nose. When it got closer to 8:30pm, they all decided to head towards the dance club Clover mentioned. Punzie jumps onto Clover's back, piggyback style and holds on tightly.

"Come on, let's go dancing!" Punzie said.

When they get to the dance club, Punzie gets off of Clover's back.

"Wow!" Punzie said once inside the club.

"Hey, Punz, let's go dance!" Rose said pulling Punzie out onto the dance floor.

While the girls were dancing, Clover and Phillip were sitting at a table off to the side.

"Cloverrrrr! Philliiiiip! Come dance with us!" Punzie pleaded pulling on Clover's arm.

"I'm not really much of a dancer. I only brought us here, cause I knew this would be the perfect place for you to release all that energy you have." replied Clover.

"Seriously? Dude, only losers sit on the sidelines at a dance club. Come on, you two." Rose said.

Punzie grabs Clover's wrist and Rose grabs Phillip's wrist, and the two of them drag their partners onto the dance floor. Team CPPR was completely exhausted when they returned to their dorm room.

"Imma sleep for the rest of the weekend." Rose mumbled flopping onto her bed.

The girl is snoring within seconds after her head hits the pillow. Phillip takes off his boots then burrows under the covers of his bed.

"Thanks, Clover, I had a lot of fun today." Punzie said hugging her partner.

"You're welcome. You deserve to have as much fun as you possibly can." Clover replied hugging her back.

Punzie stands on her toes and kisses Clover's cheek. Then she goes over to her bed and lays down, cuddling the stuffed chameleon Clover gave her.

Four months later....

Punzie wasn't feeling well that morning and tried to convince her team to go on to class without her, but Clover refused to leave her by herself.

"Why are you here? Sick people are gross and ugly, and are not meant to be seen...right?" Punzie asked.

"What?! Punzie, that's ridiculous. Sick people are meant to be taken care of, not hidden away." Clover replied.

"Oh...." Punzie said frowning.

"Punz...did your mother tell you that?" Clover asked her.

The blonde tears up then covers her head with the blanket and starts quietly sobbing.

"H-hey...d-don't cry. It's okay." Clover said nervously, trying to comfort his partner.

"It's not okay! I'm...damaged!" Punzie cried.

"Hey! You're not as damaged as you think you are. And the parts that are damaged...well, we can just fix that. So, please stop crying, it'll only make you feel worse and you'll get sicker." Clover said sitting on the edge of Punzie's bed.

Slowly, Punzie uncovers her head; revealing that her eyes, nose, and cheeks were a lot redder than before. Clover gives her a tissue so she could wipe the tears and snot off of her face. Next he places the back of his hand to her forehead.

"You've got a fever. I'll go get you some medicine." Clover said about to stand up.

"Wait. Can you, umm...stay? At least until I fall asleep?" Punzie asked fiddling with her hair.

"Sure." Clover replied with a gentle smile.

He gets into the bed beside her and she curls up against his side.

"Hold on, won't this get you sick?" Punzie asked.

"It's fine, Punz. You're long overdue for some affection anyway." Clover said wrapping an arm around her.

Punzie lays her head on Clover's chest and quickly falls asleep. Clover hated how much pain and suffering Punzie's mother had put her through. He vowed that if he ever had a chance to cross paths with the woman, that he give her a piece of his mind. He also vowed to be the family Punzie needed and deserved. Before leaving the room to get Punzie the medicine she needs, Clover softly kisses the top of her head and tucks the blankets around her.