Fair Game: A Matter Of Life And Death

Qrow and Clover were on their couch in their apartment kissing while a random movie played on the tv. They weren't really paying attention to the movie, it was just background noise. After taking off their shirts Qrow lays back on the couch and Clover just hovers over him, taking a minute to admire the beautiful man in front of him.

"Are you just gonna stare at me?" Qrow asked.

"Sorry, but I just can't help it. You're too d*mn beautiful." Clover replied cupping Qrow's cheek and rubbing his thumb across Qrow's lips.

Qrow's face turns a gorgeous shade of pink. He tries to hide his face behind his hands, but Clover pins his hands above his head.

"Ah ah ah, don't you hide that pretty face of yours." Clover said.

He dips down and kisses his boyfriend firmly. Qrow kisses back, moving his lips in sync with Clover's. Then Clover kisses Qrow's neck, underneath his jaw. He could feel Qrow's pulse beneath his lips.

"Oh, Clover, babe!" Qrow moaned.

Soon, things get more intimate and they engage in some...nightly activities. When they were done, they just lay there in each other's arms.

"I love you, Qrow. I love you so much." Clover said nuzzling into Qrow's chest.

"I love you too, Clover. You're my everything." Qrow replied.

Early the next morning, Qrow and Clover were called in for a mission. The Ace Ops and Qrow were told to take down a small terrorist group. While on the airship, Clover tells the others the plan.

"Vine and Elm will take the left side of the building, Marrow and Hariet will take the right side, and Qrow and I will take the center." Clover told everyone.

"Got it, sir." Marrow said with a thumbs up.

The airship lands and each duo goes to their designated area. Immediately, Qrow and Clover run into one of the terrorists. They fought him, defeated him, then restrained him.

"One down, more to go." Clover said.

The huntsman and his Ace Op partner make their way further into the building. They walk into a room that was dark and quiet...unsettlingly quiet.

"I don't like this...It's too quiet." Qrow said.

"I agree." Clover replied.

Then one of the terrorists bursts into the room through the wall. He was a very large man, close to eight feet tall, and had muscles much larger than Qrow's entire body. With a sinister grin, the man cracks his knuckles and charges at Qrow and Clover. The two quickly jump out of the way of the large man's fist. The fight proved to be quite difficult and was a little too much for the pair to handle on their own.

"We need assistance!" Clover called into his comms after the man punched Qrow across the room.

He lassoes Kingfisher around the man's wrist and tries to hold him back, away from Qrow. But he grabs the line and yanks Clover towards him. Then he punches Clover right in the chest, slamming him onto the ground.

"Get away from him, you big meathead!" Qrow said jumping onto the man's shoulders.

The man grabs Qrow by his cape and throws him across the room again. Then, he grabs Clover by his shirt and lifts him into the air.

"Drop him!" Elm shouted, running up with her hammer.

She hits the man with her hammer, causing him to let go of Clover. While Elm kept the man busy, Clover runs over to Qrow and helps him up.

"Are you alright?" Clover asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. My aura is low, but I'm good." Qrow answered.

"You guys need to get to the second floor, their leader is there." Elm told them.

"Okay. You think you can handle him?" Clover replied.

"Don't worry about me, I can take this little b**ch." Elm chuckled.

As Elm faught him off, Clover and Qrow head for the stairs. On the second floor, they search each room for the terrorists' leader.

"Clover! I found her! She's in here!" Qrow called out.

When Clover gets close to where Qrow is, the leader throws a grenade at them. Qrow throws himself at Clover, shielding him from the blast. The grenade's blast had knocked out what was left of Qrow's aura. During all that, the leader had escaped through the window.

"She escaped, I'm going after her." Clover said.

"I'm coming with you." Qrow said.

"No. Your aura is depleted." Clover told him.

"I'm not letting you go alone!" Qrow argued.

With a sigh, Clover lets Qrow come with him as they chase down the leader. They corner her in a warehouse a mile away from where they were initially.

"Just do yourself a favor and surrender now." Clover ordered her.

"How about...NO." replied the leader.

Fighting this woman was no easy task. She was full of many tricks and she was surprisingly strong despite her petite size. When it looked like they had won, Qrow walks up to the leader with a pair of handcuffs to restrain her. But she had a secret gun hidden in her jacket, which she pulled out and shot Qrow several times in the chest.

"QROW!! NO!" Clover screamed as Qrow collapsed to the ground.

As Clover ran to his boyfriend's aid, the leader took the opportunity to slip away yet again.

"Don't worry, honey, it's gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay. I'm gonna call for help. Just, please, hang on." Clover said taking Qrow gently into his arms.

Qrow's injury was bad...very bad. He had several bullet wounds covering his chest. Blood was all over the front half of his shirt...it was even dripping out of the corner of his mouth.

"Sorry, Cloves...I...I-I can't." Qrow grunted.

"No. Don't you talk like that. You can't give up now, not after everything you've been through. You're not going out like this, not now." Clover cried cupping Qrow's cheek.

Clover's anxiety was on overdrive. He put out a distress signal and hoped that him and Qrow would be found before it was too late.

"Cloves...*cough*...tell those crazy kids...I love them...*cough*...all of them." Qrow said, getting weaker and weaker.

"D*mn it, Qrow, no. You're gonna tell them yourself, w-when you're okay." Clover sobbed.

Qrow shakily placed his hand over Clover's and kissed his palm. Then he looks up at him with tears in his eyes.

"I...I-I love you...you're...y-you're my everything." Qrow choked out, voice barely above a whisper.

Clover watches with dread as Qrow goes limp in his arms, his eyes glaze over, and his hand falls to the ground with a small thud. Slowly, Clover places two fingers on Qrow's neck checking, praying, for a pulse. Unfortunately...there was none.

TO BE CONTINUED......