Fair Game: A Kiss From A Rose

A/N: Qrow and Clover are in a relationship, but this one is mainly just Clover and Ruby bonding.

Clover and Ruby were in the training room sparring. The red-hooded girl was quite surprised when she had beat the Ace Op. She knew she was good, but not good enough to beat Clover. So, something had to be wrong. And now that she was really looking at him, he did seem a bit...off.

"Clover, are you alright?" Ruby asked him.

"To be honest, kid...not really." Clover replied.

Then he goes extremely pale...and green. Clover practically runs into the locker room. Concerned, Ruby follows after him. Entering the locker room, Ruby doesn't see Clover anywhere, then she hears retching coming from the men's bathroom.

"Clover...is everything okay? You need any help?" Ruby said knocking on the door.

"Don't come in!" grunted Clover.

Next comes a series of vomiting and gagging. When she heard the toilet flush, Ruby decided to slip in and check on Clover. She found him in a stall, on the floor, leaning against a wall.

"Wow, you don't look so good." Ruby said kneeling next to him.

She reaches out and feels his forehead.

"Hmm, you don't have a fever, so that's good. What do you think caused this?....Wait....you didn't eat any of Yang's cooking did you?" Ruby said assessing him.

"Yeah...why?" Clover answered confused.

"*sigh* Rookie mistake, Clover, rookie mistake." Ruby replied patting his shoulder.

"Do you need help getting to your room?" she asked gently.

"If you don't mind...my head is spinning." Clover sighed wrapping an arm around his stomach.

"I don't mind at all." Ruby smiled.

The huntress helps him to his feet and takes him to his room. Clover basically collapses onto the bed.

"Ya know, you'd be a lot more comfortable if you take off your boots." Ruby said already taking off one of Clover's boots.

"You don't have to do that, Ruby, you can just leave, I'll be okay on my own." Clover mumbled into his pillow.

Ruby takes off the other boot and puts both of them in the far corner of the room. Then she goes into the adjacent bathroom and comes back with a small trash can, setting it on the floor by Clover's head.

"That's for just in case you feel sick again." Ruby told him.

She sits on her knees, placing her elbows on the bed.

"Looks like Uncle Qrow forgot to warn you about Yang's deadly cooking." Ruby chuckled.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine by tomorrow. Food poisoning usually lasts about 24 hours." she added patting his head.

"When is Qrow coming back from his mission?" Clover asked.

"What? Am I not good company?" Ruby gasped.

"N-no! That's not what I meant!" defended Clover frantically.

"Hahaha, calm down, I'm just messing with you." laughed Ruby.

Clover sighs in relief and smiles at the silly girl.

"Qrow's right, you are a handful." Clover said before clutching his stomach and groaning.

He becomes pale again and breaks out into a cold sweat, breathing heavily through his nose. Ruby grabs the small trash can and tries to give it to him, but he keeps pushing it away.

"I speak from personal experience, holding it in only makes it worse. You'll feel so much better if you just let it all out." Ruby told Clover.

Still, Clover refused to take the small trash can from his boyfriend's niece.

"Oh, I see now, you don't want me seeing you throw up, is that it?" Ruby asked.

Clover nods, whimpering from the amount of pain and nausea he was feeling. Frowning sympathetically, Ruby softly rubs Clover's head.

"Hey...it's okay...you don't have to be embarrassed. You're sick, you can't help it." Ruby said in a calm and soothing voice.

As the atleasian soldier pukes his guts out, the young silver-eyed girl rubs circles on his back. When he's done he rolls onto his back still clutching his aching stomach.

"I'm gonna go wash this out." Ruby said picking up the small trash can.

"No, I-I can't expect you to do that. I don't want to burden you any more than I already have." protested Clover.

"Don't be ridiculous, you're not burdening me. Believe me, this isn't the first time I've taken care of someone who fell victim to Yang's cooking. Just try to relax, rest will help." replied Ruby walking towards the bathroom.

She cleans out the trash can then puts it back on the floor by the bed. Next, Ruby gets Clover a glass of water so that he wouldn't get dehydrated.

"Are you starting to feel a little better?" Ruby asked rubbing Clover's stomach.

"Yeah...thanks, kid. Has anyone ever told you that you are the sweetest girl in the world. I mean...I'm just a fellow huntsman and here you are taking care of me like I'm family or something." Clover answered.

"You're not just a fellow huntsman, you're my uncle's boyfriend. You're not "like" family, you are family." Ruby informed him.

"I'm glad Uncle Qrow met you. I've never seen him this happy before. Thank you for making him so happy." she added smiling widely.

"I'm glad I met him too. I love him so much." yawned Clover.

Ruby could tell that Clover was about to fall asleep, so she gets the blanket out from under him and covers him up. Just before Clover falls into a deep sleep, he feels a pair of small lips press against his forehead, and hears a soft whisper saying, "sleep well, Uncle Clover.". When Qrow gets back from his mission, he finds his boyfriend asleep in his bed and his niece sitting on the floor leaning against the bed, also asleep. He doesn't know what happened, he'll have to ask them later, but he can't help but smile at the adorable sight in front of him.