Fair Game: A Matter Of Life And Death pt.3

Oscar explains to everyone that they could use the staff of creation to bring Qrow back to life.

"We need Penny, only she can open the vault." Ruby said.

"Where's Penny?" Weiss asked.

"Last I heard, she was on a mission out in the tundra, but she should be back by now." Clover answered.

They all head to the hanger to meet with Penny.

"Friend Ruby, I heard about your uncle. You have my deepest condolences." Penny said gently hugging Ruby.

"Penny, there's a way to bring him back, and you're the key to helping us." Ruby told her.

"Tell me what I need to do and I will gladly do it." Penny replied.

"You need to open the winter maiden vault and retrieve the staff of creation." Clover told her.

"Yes, Commander Ebi, sir." Penny saluted.

"Penny, outside of missions, just call me Clover." Clover said.

"Okay, Clover." Penny said.

"We, umm....we also, uh...we need to get Qrow's...body from the morgue." Oscar explained.

"Clover, Ren, and I can do that. You guys go to the vault, we'll meet you there." Jaune said.

"That sounds like a good plan to me." Yang said.

Clover, Ren, and Jaune head to the morgue while the others go to the winter maiden vault. At the morgue; Clover, Ren, and Jaune run into Ironwood.

"James, sir, what are you doing here?" Clover asked.

"Paying my respects. Are you here to do the same?" Ironwood replied.

The three of them then inform the general about their plan.

"There's...a way to bring him back?" Ironwood asked.

"Yes, sir. But we have to do it quickly." Clover answered.

Ironwood helps the others transport Qrow's body to the vault.

"Alright, Penny, open the vault." Oscar told her.

Penny nods with a determined look on her face and walks towards the vault. After it opens up, she walks in and grabs the staff. She hands the staff to Oscar.

"Okay...here goes nothing." Oscar whispered to himself.

He raises the staff into the air and it begins to glow brightly. The glow fills the room, then when it goes away there's hundreds of glowing orbs floating around the room.

"What are these?" Blake asked.

"Souls. We gotta find Qrow's, then put it in the staff and put it in Qrow. Since his is the one we're looking for, it should be glowing the brightest. It could be anywhere in the academy...or the city." Oscar replied.

"Are you telling me there's glowing orbs like these all over the city!?" Yang asked raising her voice.

"Yes, so it'd be best if we split up and search for Qrow's soul." Oscar answered.

"Well, let's not waste any time, let's go find Uncle Qrow's soul." Ruby said.

"General...do you mind...staying with him?" she asked Ironwood.

"Sure, miss Rose." Ironwood nodded.

To search for Qrow's soul, they all separated into groups. Group-1 was Ruby, Oscar, and Clover; Group-2 was Penny, Weiss, Blake, and Yang; and team JN_R was Group-3. They searched all over the academy and most of the city, but couldn't find it.

"Have you guys found it?" Yang asked over the comms.

"Not yet, so let's keep looking." Ruby replied.

"I think I know where it could be...I don't know why I didn't think of this before." Clover said.

"Where, Uncle Clover?" Ruby asked.

"The place where...he died." Clover told her.

Him, Ruby, and Oscar head to the warehouse where Qrow had died. In the room Qrow died in, there was an orb glowing brighter than the rest above a blood stain on the floor.

"That's it, that's Qrow's soul." Oscar said relieved.

"We found it, head back to the vault!" Clover shouted into the comms.

Oscar points the staff at the orb and the staff absorbs the orb into its point.

"Got it, let's go!" Oscar said.

Everyone heads back to the vault as fast as they all possibly could. This all seemed so...surreal to Clover. Soon, he'll have his boyfriend back. Clover decides that the second Qrow comes back, he's going to hold onto him and never let him go. He couldn't wait to hear his voice again, to feel his touch, to see the light shine in his eyes.

"Do it, Oscar, bring him back." Weiss said once everyone gathered around Qrow's body.

Oscar points the staff at the center of Qrow's chest. Qrow's body starts to glow along with the staff. The glowing lasted for several minutes then stopped.

"Did...did it work?" Ren asked.

There was an uncomfortable silence that lasted what seemed like forever. Then suddenly Qrow gasps loudly eyes opening wide. He hyperventilates as he begins to panic.

"Qrow, calm down." Ironwood told him.

"Wh-what's going on?! Where am I?!" Qrow asked freaking out.

"You're in the winter maiden vault, and we just brought you back to life." Ironwood explained.

"I WAS DEAD!?!" Qrow asked his voice cracking.

The poor man looked terrified, but there was...something else to his expression.

"Um, why are you looking at all of us as if...as if you don't know who we are?" Nora asked Qrow.

"Maybe It's because I don't know who you guys are...or who this Qrow person is! I'm really freaking out here...I-I can't remember anything!" Qrow replied, while having a severe panic attack.

Ruby gasps covering her mouth, eyes brimming with tears. No one knew what to do at the moment. No one expected this to happen. They have Qrow back...but not all of him.

TO BE CONTINUED......