Fair Game: The Black Bird of Vale pt.9

A/N: Vigilante AU.

The next morning, Qrow woke up ten times as sore as he was last night. He also had a few more bruises on his side.

"What the h*ll, those weren't there before." Qrow said.

"Sometimes it takes a while for the bruises to appear. Are you sure you're okay...that this was just a fall?" Clover replied.

"Yeah, babe, don't worry so much. I just...bruise like a peach that's all." Qrow told him, holding his hand.

Clover pulls his boyfriend close and holds him gently, mindful of his tender bruises.

"You didn't hit your head during that fall, did you?" Clover asked examining Qrow's head.

"Baaaaabe! Would ya quit fussing, I'm fine." Qrow laughed.

"Sorry, honey, I'm your boyfriend, it's my job to fuss over you." Clover chuckled, kissing Qrow's head and massaging his fingers into his scalp.

Sighing blissfully, Qrow nuzzles into the crook of Clover's neck.

"It's a good thing you have the day off from work, now you can just rest and heal up." Clover said.

"What about you, do you have work today?" Qrow asked.

"Nope." Clover answered.

"Good. Keep up with the head massaging, it feels amazing." Qrow said, wrapping his arms around Clover's waist.

"Whatever you want, honey." Clover said smiling.

Last night, Cinder didn't expect a helicopter to suddenly appear and take her away; nor did she expect the helicopter's pilot to be a short woman with pink and brown hair. After cutting the ladder so Harbinger wouldn't follow after Cinder, the woman flew the helicopter to the other end of the city. During the entire flight, the woman never spoke a word. Cinder was taken to a secret hideout of sorts. The pink and brown haired woman led Cinder to a room where she was left to rest for the night. In the morning, Cinder wandered the place to see who was in charge. From behind, she felt someone tap her shoulder.

"Gah!" Cinder shrieked, startled.

She turned around and saw the pink and brown haired from last night.

"Oh it's you. Don't sneak up on me like that, idiot!" Cinder said, irritated.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you." the woman signed with a smug grin on her face.

"Sign language, huh? So...are you like...deaf or something?" Cinder asked tapping her ear.

The woman shakes her head "no" then taps her throat.

"Oh, you can't speak?" Cinder asked her.

"No, I can not. My name is Neo. Come with me, my boss wants to speak with you." Neo signed.

"Finally, I was wondering when someone was going to tell what the h*ll's going on." Cinder grumbled.

Cinder follows Neo to a room that resembled a dining room. Sitting at the table was a man with tan skin and dark hair with a dark mustache.

"Ah, Miss Fall, so nice of you to join us." he said smoothly.

Neo pulls out a chair and gestures for Cinder to sit in it. Reluctantly, she sits down in the chair.

"Are you hungry? I could have Neo prepare something for you." the man asked.

"I'm not sure if I trust you enough to accept food from you. I don't even know your name." Cinder replied.

"Oh, dear, how rude of me. My name is Arthur Watts." Arthur said extending his hand out to Cinder.

With a distrusting frown, Cinder shakes Arthur's hand. He then snaps his fingers and Neo leaves, going into another room.

"Alright, mustache, what do you want?" Cinder asked him bitterly.

"I need you and your men for...a job." Arthur replied.

"Really? You brought me here just to hire me and my men for a job? Couldn't you have just called?" Cinder asked him.

"Well, I could have...but I saw that you were in a bit of a bind with a certain vigilante and thought you could use a hand." Arthur answered.

"And since I so kindly helped you out; I think it would be fair if you helped me out in return...don't you think?" he added.

"Hmph, you're more clever than I thought." Cinder smirked.

Then, Neo comes back into the room with two plates of eggs, sausages, and toast. She sets one plate in front of Arthur and the other in front of Cinder.

"How do you take your coffee?" Arthur asked her.

"Black. No sugar, no cream." Cinder told him.

"Ahh, a woman after my own heart." Arthur chuckled.

"Oaky, enough of the flattery. Just tell me the details of the d*mn job." Cinder growled.

"All you need to know is that I need your man power to help me get into a secret high security facility." Arthur told her.

"Nuh-uh, if you want my help, I need to know more." Cinder argued.

"Alright, fine, I need to get into this facility so I can get the things I need for a project of mine. I can assure you that if my plans succeed...you'll be in complete control of this entire city." Arthur explained.

"Oooh, now you've peaked my interest." Cinder smiled.

"*chuckle* Knew that would." Arthur said taking a sip of his coffee Neo just handed him.

After their meal, Cinder and Arthur strolled around the hideout discussing Arthur's plans.

"I'm not gonna lie, your plan sounds...ideal, but is it really going to work?" Cinder asked.

"Yes, the science is all there." Arthur replied, smugly.

"Okay, if you say so. But, there's one other issue we need to take into consideration. What are we gonna do about that annoying Harbinger? You know he's going to try to get in our way." Cinder said folding her arms across her chest.

"Don't worry, my dear, I have a plan for that nosy b*stard." Arthur assured her.

"Oh, Tyrian!" he called out.

Rounding the corner, a lanky man with long dark braided hair walks up to the pair. The most surprising feature of the man was a long scorpion-like tail.

"What is he?" Cinder asked, disgusted.

"A friend of mine. Don't ask about the tail...it...angers him. But I can assure you, Tyrian Callows is the perfect man for this job." Arthur said placing his hand on her shoulder.

"What do you need from me, Watts?" Tyrian asked.

"My friend, there's a vigilante that poses a threat to our plans. I need your skills to...deal with him...permanently." Arthur told him.

A wide, sinister grin spreads across Tyrian's face. Then he starts to giggle which turns into a cackle.

"You have my word, Watts. I'll gladly...take care...of this Harbinger for you." Tyrian said.

As he laughed evilly, Tyrian's eyes changed from an amber color to a bright purple. Cinder didn't like this guy, not at all. To her, Tyrian was a creepy freak, but he was useful to her in getting rid of her most hated enemy, so she kept her dislike of him to herself. Tyrian left the hideout to search the city for Harbinger, while Cinder returned to her room to contact her men. True, Cinder thought Arthur's plan was a little...crazy and quite unbelievable, though...who could say no to an opportunity to cause mischief and mayhem.