Fair Game: Taking Care Of Daddy

A/N: Related to the story "Bird's Nest".

Early Monday morning, Clover wakes up with a bad cold. Unfortunately, Qrow had to go to work, so he couldn't take care of his husband.

"You should bring Corvus to work with you." Clover mumbled sleepily as Qrow tucked the covers around him.

"Why, babe?" Qrow asked.

"Cause I don't want him catching what I got." Clover replied coughing.

Sighing, Qrow leans forward and kisses Clover's forehead, which was warm and clammy.

"I'll be home at around four." Qrow said before leaving the bedroom.

He walks into the living room and sits on the couch next to Corvus.

"Why is Daddy still in bed?" Corvus asked.

"That's because Daddy isn't feeling well." Qrow answered.

"Oh no. Daddy's sick?" Corvus replied.

Qrow nods then pulls his son onto his lap.

"Now, Daddy wants me to take you to work with me." Qrow told his son.

"But...then Daddy would be all alone. Who's gonna take care of him if he's all alone?" Corvus said.

"Exactly. So, you think you could be a big boy for Papa and take care of Daddy?" Qrow asked him.

"Mhm." Corvus nodded.

"That's my boy." Qrow chuckled hugging Corvus.

"Now, you know what to do in case there's an emergency, don't you?" he asked standing at the door.

"Call you or Uncle Tai." answered Corvus.

"Yep, that's right. Love you, buddy." Qrow said opening the door.

"Love you too, Papa." Corvus said waving "goodbye".

Once Qrow was gone, Corvus slides off the couch and goes to his dads' room. He climbs onto the bed and sits on his knees next to Clover.

"Corvus? What are you doing here? I thought Papa was taking you to work with him?" Clover asked confused.

"Papa and I decided that I should stay to take care of you." replied Corvus.

"But you'll get sick." Clover protested before he let out a string of sneezes.

"You and Papa always take care of me, why can't I take care of you?" Corvus argued, pouting.

Looking at his son's cute little pout, Clover couldn't say "no".

"Alright, kiddo, you can take care of me." Clover sighed, giving up.

Corvus smiles then places his tiny hand on his dad's forehead. His smile is replaced with a concerned frown.

"Daddy, you're really warm." Corvus said.

"I probably should check my temperature again." Clover mumbled, his voice rough and hoarse.

He reaches lazily for the thermometer on the bedside table and grabs it. Then he puts the device into his mouth. When it beeps, Corvus takes it from him.

"101.3, that's high isn't it?" Corvus asked looking at the thermometer.

"Kinda, but it's not serious." replied Clover.

"Do you need anything else, Daddy?" Corvus asked.

"I'm thirsty...but I-I can get that myself." Clover said shakily sitting up.

"No, Daddy, I got it!" Corvus said quickly getting off the bed.

The young faunus goes into the kitchen and gets his dad a bottle of water. He returns then gives the water to Clover.

"Thanks, kiddo." Clover said after taking a few sips of his water.

"You're welcome, Daddy." Corvus said sitting criss-cross on the bed.

Clover takes the medicine that Qrow had left for him on the bedside table. After that, he settles back under the covers.

"Do you want something to eat, Daddy?" Corvus asked his dad.

"Nah, I'm not hungry. I'll just take a nap." Clover yawned.

As Clover slept, Corvus sat beside him and watched over him. That was pretty much all Clover did that day, was sleep. When Qrow got home from work, he immediately heads towards his and Clover's bedroom.

"Hey, Corvus, how's Daddy?" Qrow asked, whispering, so he doesn't wake his husband.

"He slept all day." Corvus answered.

"Hmmm, he did?" Qrow said sitting on the bed and putting Corvus in his lap.

"Has he eaten anything yet?" he asked.

"Nope." replied Corvus.

"Then lets go make him some soup. You and me." Qrow suggested.

"Yeah!" Corvus nodded, smiling.

Qrow carries Corvus to the kitchen and has him help make Clover some chicken noodle soup.

"Go wake up Daddy." Qrow told Corvus, pouring some of the soup into a bowl.

"Okay, Papa." replied Corvus walking out of the kitchen.

Qrow enters the bedroom to see his son nudging his husband awake.

"Wake up, Daddy. Papa and I made you soup." Corvus told him.

"Qrow? You're home?" Clover said waking up.

"Yeah, babe, you slept all day." Qrow replied, handing Clover the bowl and sitting on the edge of the bed.

Qrow places his hand on Clover's forehead to check his temperature.

"Your fever's gone down, that's good." Qrow said cupping Clover's cheek.

"Thank you guys for taking care of me. Especially you, Corvus." Clover said after he finished his soup.

"You're welcome, Daddy. I love you." Corvus said snuggling against Clover's side.

"I also love you." Qrow said snuggling against Clover's other side.

"Haha, I love you guys too." Clover said hugging his husband and son.

With his family taking care of him, Clover got better within two days.

A/N: BONUS:

I don't know why, but this low-key reminds me of Qrow