Fair Game: Clover Doesn't Like Horror Movies

Qrow's POV

It was date night and Clover and I decided to watch a movie at home. Tonight was my turn to chose the movie, so I chose one of my favorite horror movies. The movie was about giant bugs who eat people.

"Have you even seen a horror movie before?" I asked Clover.

"No. They've never really interested me, but if you want to watch it we can." Clover replied.

Clover and I settle on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and start the movie. As the movie went on, I started to see why Clover didn't care much for horror movies. At every jump-scare, he would jump a little and quietly shriek; every time a giant bug would tear some poor soul to pieces and devour them, he would tense up and squeeze my hand tightly.

"You alright there, babe?" I asked him during a calmer scene.

"Just fine, hun." Clover answered with a slight squeak in his voice.

He still had a vice grip on my hand, it hurt a little, but I didn't complain. Who am I to deny my boyfriend comfort when he's scared? The scene that was about to come up was a scene I totally forgot about and just now remembered.

"Ohhh, sh*t, I forgot about this scene. Yeeaaahh...you're not gonna want to watch this." I said covering Clover's eyes with my hand that wasn't being crushed by his.

"What do you mean?" Clover said shoving my hand away.

Clover watches wide-eyed and pale as the scene I didn't want him to see came on. In this scene, an entire colony of giant a** butterflies burst out of their cocoons and start viciously ripping apart and eating a room full of people. It was actually the most graphic scene in the entire movie. After that scene was over, I paused the movie to check on my Lepidopterophobic boyfriend.

"Babe...you good?" I asked.

Poor Clover was quiet...dead silent, just trembling. He puts his knees to his chest and wraps his arms around himself, then he flops to the side his head landing in my lap. Next, he rolls over and presses his face into my stomach and lets out a long, drawn out squeaky groan.

"There there." I said patting his head.

"Just tell me when it's over." Clover whimpered.

"Okay, babe." I replied rubbing his back.

Okay, from now on...no more horror movies for Clover. That night, it took me forever to get Clover to fall asleep. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have shown a horror movie about giant killer bugs to a person with a pathological fear of butterflies. Yeah, that's a mistake I definitely won't make twice.