Fair Game: A Familiar Magic Between Us pt.3

A/N: Magic AU

Clover woke up early on Saturday, the day after getting his familiar. He sits up in bed and stretches with a loud yawn. Looking over his shoulder, Clover saw his crow familiar, Qrow, perched on the headboard asleep.

"Okay, little bird, time to wake up." Clover said poking the bird's chest.

Qrow wakes up and groggily stares at Clover, then he looks over at the clock and saw that it was 5:30am. He glares annoyed at the nineteen-year-old.

"What? Are you not an early riser?" Clover asked.

The crow familiar huffs, puffing his feathers.

"I'll take that as a "no"." Clover said.

"Come on, turn into a human so I can talk to ya. I wanna get to know you." he added sitting on the edge of the bed and patting the spot next to him.

Qrow flies over to the spot Clover left open for him and turns into his human form. Clover's jaw nearly dropped to the floor when he saw his familiar's human form; in his opinion...it was very very VERY handsome. The, now, man was wearing black pants, a red button up shirt, and a grey vest. He had beautiful pale skin, black feathery slicked back hair, and dark scruffy stubble along his jawline. Poor Clover was a total disaster gay and couldn't help but stare at him.

"Is there something in my teeth? What's with the staring, kid?" Qrow asked.

The rough, yet smoothe toned voice Qrow had, made Clover almost want to scream with gay panic.

"U-u-ummm...n-nothing. I was just, uh, thinking...about...stuff." Clover stammered nervously.

"So...tell me about yourself." he told Qrow.

The familiar told his new noble pretty much everything about himself...except the things about his previous noble. Though he did at least mention her name...Summer Rose. Clover didn't push Qrow to talk about Summer. He's seen first hand the pain that comes when a witch/wizard and their familiar are separated by the unfairness that is death. His father's familiar died when Clover was ten years old. Sadie, a white great dane, died protecting Clover from a wild manticore. Her death devastated his father, and even now Clover still blames himself for what happened.

"Okay, now you tell me about yourself." Qrow told Clover.

Now, Clover tells his familiar all about himself. When they were done talking, Clover and Qrow head to the dorm's kitchenette to brew a pot of coffee for everyone.

"Hey, where's the creamer?" Clover asked while pouring some coffee into his mug.

He assumed the creamers would be next to the coffee pot like the coffe grounds were, but they weren't.

"Hmm, they're probably in this cabinet above the pot...and here they are." Qrow said looking in the cabinet, finding the coffee creamers.

"Vanilla or hazelnut?" he asked.

"Vanilla. Hazelnut would literally kill me." Clover replied.

"Oh yeah, you're allergic to nuts." Qrow said.

He hands Clover a single packet of vanilla coffee creamer. As he was mixing in the creamer, Punzie came out of her bedroom, followed by her familiar, Pascal.

"Morning, Clover." Punzie said.

She spots Qrow in his human form and says "morning" to him too. Punzie pours herself some coffee and puts six vanilla creamers in it.

"Clover, wanna finish that book we were reading on the train?" Punzie asked.

"Sure." Clover replied.

While Punzie went to get her book, Clover brought their coffees to the couch. She comes back and sits on Clover's lap. Qrow, back in bird form, perches on the back of the couch beside Pascal. That morning; Clover and Punzie were reading with their familiars close by, Elm and her familiar went jogging, Rose is still asleep in her bed as her familiar waits patiently for her to wake up, and Vine studies in his bedroom. Over the course of the next couple weeks, Clover develops a massive crush on his familiar. He honestly thinks that he might be falling in love. One night, Clover has an...interesting...dream.

Qrow pushes Clover down onto the bed, climbing on top of him. Their clothes have long been abandoned. Clover's heart was pounding so loud, that he feared Qrow would hear it.

"Clover, you're so beautiful." Qrow whispered, his breath hot against Clover's neck.

He presses firm, rough kisses to Clover's throat, collarbone, and chest. Then their lips connect in a sloppy passionate manner. Clover held Qrow's face as he kissed him, rubbing his thumbs over his stubble. They part briefly to catch their breath.

"You sure you're ready for this, babe?" Qrow asked gently stroking Clover's cheek.

"Yes, Qrow, please!" Clover pleaded.

With a deep chuckle, Qrow turns Clover over onto his stomach and kisses the back of his neck, his shoulders, and the spot on his back in between his shoulderblades. Qrow's hands slide down Clover's sides then grip his hips..................

Then Clover wakes up to see Qrow in his human form smirking at him.

"What were you dreaming about that got you so aroused?" Qrow asked.

"W-what makes you think I'm aroused?" Clover replied, his cheeks turning dark red.

"We have an empathic bond, I can feel your emotions." Qrow told him.

"Well, then there must be something wrong with that bond-thing, cause I am not aroused! Now...if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go take a cold shower." Clover said walking over to his closet, grabbing some clothes, and then leaving the bedroom, all while having his bed sheet wrapped around his waist.

When Clover's gone, Qrow laughs while shaking his head.

"D*mn it, no! Don't let his charm and adorableness pull you in! Remember...NO ATTACHMENTS!" Qrow's thoughts screamed at him.

"I have to end whatever this is before it starts." Qrow mumbled.

A few days later, during a free period, Clover takes him and Qrow to the school's garden. They were talking and somewhere along the way, Clover mentioned something about them being friends.

"When did I ever say I was your friend?" Qrow asked.

Clover's eyes widen in shock and confusion.

"W-what? I don't understand...what are you saying?" Clover asked getting upset.

"What I'm saying is...what gave you the impression that I was your friend?" Qrow replied.

"But...b-but...then what were all those late night conversations, hanging out, and you laughing at my jokes?" Clover said tears brimming his eyes.

"Me being polite. I am your familiar, you are my noble, nothing more. Anything I do for you is because it is my job, my duty, to do so. I apologize that you're so desperate for friends that you misread my kindness as an invitation for friendship." Qrow explained.

"Do...do you care about me even a little bit?" Clover asked, his voice cracking.

"No." Qrow answered simply.

Qrow was lying his a** off. He did, in fact, care about Clover, he cared about him a lot. In safeguarding his own heart, Qrow had completely broken Clover's. Though, in his twisted, damaged mind, Qrow believed he was doing what was best for the both of them. Seeing Clover cry was hard...and painful...but, "it had to be done".