Fair Game: Please Hold Me

Qrow was having one of those days where his depression and anxiety overwhelmed him. It took him a while to drag himself out of bed. He trudges to the bathroom where he does his business and takes a long hot shower. Usually hot showers help bring him out of his slump...but today it didn't really work. After Qrow gets dressed, he just flops back onto the bed with a sigh. The huntsman just lays there staring at the ceiling. He's lost deep in thought when he starts to feel a stinging sensation on his wrists. Looking down at his wrists, Qrow realised that he had been scratching at them, something he often does when he's anxious; it's a sort of...nervous tick.

"D*mn it, not again." Qrow muttered glaring at the raw scratch marks on his skin.

He wraps his arms around himself and curls up on his side. Qrow didn't know when, but at some point he fell asleep. He's woken up by someone nudging his shoulder. Rolling over, Qrow sees his boyfriend, Clover, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Hi, babe." Qrow mumbled.

"Hey, honey. You didn't come to breakfast...or lunch. Did you eat anything today?" Clover replied.

Qrow silently shakes his head, "no". Somewhat concerned, Clover pets Qrow's head.

"What's wrong?" Clover asked his boyfriend.

"I'm just...having a sh*tty day." Qrow answered.

Clover knew that "having a sh*tty day" was code for, "I'm depressed and anxious, please hold me". So, he sits cross-legged on the bed and pats his lap. Qrow crawls onto his boyfriend's lap and curls up against his chest. Then, Clover wraps his arms around Qrow and kisses his head. He looks at Qrow's arms and sees the raw scratch marks on his wrists. Without saying a word, he grabs his boyfriend's wrist and gives it a gentle kiss; then he does the same to the other.

"Thank you." Qrow said nuzzling his face into Clover's chest.

"It's no problem, honey, I'm always here for you." Clover said running his fingers through Qrow's hair.

Clover holds Qrow until he feels better.