Fair Game: Faint

Qrow's POV

For weeks now, I haven't really been taking care of myself like I should. I haven't been eating or sleeping much; and I've been pushing myself well past my limits. It's not like I want to do this to myself, it's just that I have more important things to worry about. And because I don't want to hear any lectures from the kids, I've been avoiding them. Though, now that I think about it, that's probably going to make things worse. But, whatever, that doesn't matter right now. Right now, I have to go to a meeting with the General and the Ace Ops. And even though I feel like sh*t, I still go because I'm a huntsman, and huntsmen don't show weakness.

"Hi, Qrow." Clover greeted me with a smile.

I hate to admit it, but his smile always makes me blush like an idiot. There's just something about this man that makes me feel...things. I'm not so good at expressing my emotions.

"Hey." I replied, then I'm surprised at the gruff tiredness of my voice.

"Qrow, are you feeling okay?" Clover asked me, slightly concerned.

"I'm fine." I reply quickly.

"Umm, okay." Clover said.

Then the meeting started. It was all Mantle this and Atlas that. Then something about Grimm. I wasn't really all that focused, because my head was pounding and the room was spinning. Soon, everyone's voices became all muffled, like as if my head was under water. Gods, I feel so awful, I don't think I can stand any longer. Oh yeah, I'm definitely about to faint, I can feel it. As the ground gets closer to me, I can distinctly hear Clover and Jimmy shouting my name, then there's nothing but darkness and silence. When I wake up, I'm in the infirmary.

"Oh good, you're awake." I heard someone say from my left.

I look over and see Clover sitting next to the bed I was in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, hating how weak my voice sounded.

"Just checking on you. You fainted right in the middle of the meeting, which was four hours ago. The doctor said you were dehydrated, malnourished, and sleep deprived." Clover answered.

"Why didn't you just say you weren't feeling well? And why haven't you been taking care of yourself? You can't just push yourself like this and expect to be all hunky-dory. How are you going to be able to do your huntsmen duties if you drop dead from exhaustion?" he scolded me.

I was...surprised. I expected something like this to come from Ruby or Yang, or even Jimmy, but not Clover.

"Why do you care about my health and well-being so much? Don't you have anything better to do?" I said, putting my emotional walls up.

"Why do you act as if people caring about you is such a horrible and forbidden thing? Do you really think that low of yourself?" Clover asked me, placing his hand on my arm.

His hand slides down my arm and grasps my hand.

"Qrow...you may not realize it, but there are so many people who care about you and want the best for you. They care about your health and safety. And they'll always be there for you." Clover told me.

D*mn it, now I'm crying. I don't want the guy I'm very attracted to to see me crying, he's gonna think I'm a baby or something. But, instead of making fun of me, Clover just reaches over and wipes my tears with his thumb, then cups my cheek.

"I care about you, Qrow. Like, a lot. It really scared me when you fainted like that. I don't ever want to see you in that state ever again. Please take better care of yourself. I want you to be around for a long time." Clover said.

"I...okay. I'll try." I replied.

Clover smiles then leans forward and kisses my forehead, making me blush like a tomato.

"Hehe, you're cute when you blush." Clover giggled.

The next kiss has me burning hotter than Yang's semblance, cause he's kissing me right on my lips. My eyes are wide as saucers, and my brain stopped working. Is he messing with me? Is this a joke to him?

"Qrow, I know what you're thinking. No, this is not a joke. Like I said, I care about you. And I mean it in the romantic sense. I would very much like it, if you would be willing to go out with me." Clover said pulling away, but not too far away.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever you say, just kiss me again, please." I replied chuckling.

His lips are on mine again, and it's even better the second time. I put my hand on the back of his head to hold him in place. I'm not sure how long we were kissing, it could've been minutes, but if felt much much longer than that. Clover just makes me feel so...alive, and loved, and wanted. I know it's probably too soon to say this, but I think I'm in love with him.