Fair Game: Tonsillitis

A/N: Related to the story "Bird's Nest".

Requested by: Jenni_thewolffaunus.

Corvus climbs into his dads' bed early in the morning, telling them he wasn't feeling well and that his throat really hurts.

"Sorry you feel bad, buddy." Qrow said feeling his son's forehead.

"Clover, get the thermometer. He's running a fever." he told his husband.

Clover goes into the bathroom and gets the thermometer. He comes back and puts it in his son's mouth. When it beeps, he takes it out and looks at it. Qrow gets nervous when he sees the worried expression on his husband's face.

"What is it? How high is his temperature?" Qrow asked.

"102.5...Qrow, that's not good." Clover replied, his voice shaking.

"Sh-should we take him to the hospital?" he asked starting to freak out a little.

"I'm not sure...Corvus, buddy, how bad do you feel? On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst." Qrow asked the little boy curled up in his lap.

"Ten." Corvus cried, his voice pretty much gone.

Now, both of them are scared. Corvus sounded horrible. They quickly get dressed then carry the crow faunus to the car and take him to the hospital. Now, they're in a room, waiting for the doctor to return with the test results. Qrow paces the floor impatiently.

"Qrow, honey, sit down." Clover said.

"When is that d*mn doctor coming back? I wanna know what's wrong with my son!" Qrow replied slightly angered.

"Qrow, please calm down. You're scaring Corvus." Clover said sternly.

Sighing, Qrow sits next to his husband and holds his hand.

"Sorry...Corvus, don't be scared, Papa and Daddy will make sure you get better, I promise." Qrow told his son, calmer.

The doctor comes back in and tells Qrow and Clover that Corvus had tonsillitis. This calms then men's nerves, knowing their son didn't have anything seriously wrong with him.

"So, all he needs is a tonsilectomy and everything will be okay?" Clover asked.

"Yes, sir. We'll take him into surgery in an hour." replied the doctor.

Hearing all this talk about surgery terrifies Corvus, making him start to whine and whimper.

"Don't be scared, buddy, the surgery won't be so bad. You'll be asleep the whole time, you won't feel a thing." Qrow assured his son, petting his head.

"Yeah, and when you wake up, me and Papa will be right there with you." Clover added kissing Corvus's head.

Sniffling, the boy nods in understanding. An hour later, the nurses come and take Corvus into surgery.

"Hey, buddy, how ya feeling? Better?" Qrow asked as Corvus was waking up after surgery.

Corvus nods, not wanting to strain his voice.

"Well, that's good." Clover said kissing the boy's cheek.

He hands his son a fluffy teddy bear he bought from the gift shop, making him smile widely. Corvus hugs the stuffed animal, grinning happily at his dads.

"And when you feel up for it, I'm gonna get you some ice cream." Qrow told him.

This just makes the little boy smile even more. He opens his arms wide, signaling that he wants a hug. Qrow and Clover hug their son and give him a bunch of kisses. Within a few days, Corvus felt better and was able to talk without his throat hurting.