Fair Game: Framed pt.2

Qrow's POV

Today is not a good day. My boyfriend has been arrested for theft and attempted murder. I'm trying my best to stay strong for Clover's sake...he has enough to worry about, he can't be worrying about me when he's stuck in a jail cell all alone. Right now I'm calling his parents to tell them what's going on.

"Hello?" Joanna said.

"Hey, Joanna. Is Trevor there, I need to talk to the both of you...it's very important." I replied.

"Yes, he's right next to me. Hold on, I'll put it on speaker." Joanna told me.

"Okay, sweetie, we're listening." she said.

"Ummm....guys....s-something...something pretty bad happened." I said trying to keep my cool.

"What happened, Qrow?" Trevor asked.

"....It's Clover..." I tried to explain.

"Oh my gods, is Clover okay, what happened to my baby!?" Joanna asked starting to freak out.

"He's...been arrested." I told them.

"WHAT?!?" Joanna and Trevor replied shocked.

"It's bad, he's being charged with theft and attempted murder. But, he didn't do it. He's obviously being framed." I said.

"Joanna, Trevor....I'm really scared." I said, my voice beginning to tremble again.

"Sit tight, sweetie, mama JoJo's coming!" Joanna declared before hanging up.

"Oh boy...the gods better have mercy on James's soul." I sighed running a hand over my face.

I sat in my room with Ruby, waiting for Weiss, Blake, and Yang to return. They come in looking frustrated.

"What did Winter and the Ace Ops say?" Ruby asked them.

"The same thing Qrow told us." Weiss answered folding her arms across her chest.

"That Clover's been arrested for theft and attempted murder." added Yang.

"But they won't tell us anything else." Blake sighed, folding her cat ears down.

I groaned, placing my head in my hands. To comfort me, Ruby hugs my arm and rests her head on my shoulder, then Yang does the same on the other side of me.

"Well...Uncle Trevor and Auntie JoJo are coming. I'm sure she'll be able to make them tell us everything." Ruby said.

"Oof, I'd hate to be Ironwood right now. Auntie JoJo's gonna tear him a new one." Yang chuckled.

"Yeah...that's what I'm worried about. Causing a scene would probably just make things worse for Clover." I said, rubbing at my temples.

All this stress is giving me a headache. That could also be because I haven't eaten at all today, I've been too busy worrying about Clover to eat. About twenty minutes later, Joanna and Trevor practically burst into the room.

"Who's brilliant idea was it to arrest my baby boy!?!" Joanna asked in her stern "mom" voice.

"Ironwood was the one who ordered the arrest." Weiss told her.

"Why would he even believe for a second that my son would do something like that?" Trevor asked taking hold of his wife's hand to calm her.

"I have no clue why James does anything these days." I replied.

"Oh...sweetie, look at what all this stress is doing to you." Joanna said kneeling in front of me and cupping my face.

"It looks like you could use something to eat and a nap." she told me.

"I can't, I don't have time for any of that. I've gotta help Clover." I protested.

"Nuh-uh, I'm not letting you run yourself into the ground, you're going to take care of yourself and rest, or so help me, I'll force you to." Joanna scolded me.

"Yes, ma'am." I sighed.

Joanna kisses my forehead and hugs me. The others agreed with Joanna that I should take care of myself if I'm going to be of any help to Clover. I eat something light then take a ten minute nap. Afterwards, all of us go to Ironwood's office to talk this out.

"You have some nerve, Ironwood!" Joanna said glaring angrily at him.

"What are you all doing here?" James asked us.

"We're here to tell you how big of a mistake you're making!" Yang replied.

"I'm not! I wish I was but I'm not!" James argued.

"How can you say that!? My son is not a criminal, so stop treating him like one. He's dedicated his whole life to this military, I practically raised him in the military! And this is what he gets?! This is a betrayal, an insult to everything he's worked so hard for!" Trevor yelled.

Woah, I've never seen Trevor lose his cool like that, he's usually a very calm and collected person.

"Do you think I enjoy doing this?! I don't! I don't enjoy this at all! But the evidence is undeniable! I'm sorry, but Clover is guilty!" James shouted back.

"Exactly what evidence are we talking about?" Blake asked calmly.

With a heavy sigh, James pulls up a video onto the large tv screen on the wall. It was security footage of the science lab. In the video, it showed Clover attacking a scientist, Casey Dudley, and beating him to near death. Then it shows him stealing a small device. I couldn't believe what I was watching, I didn't want to believe it.

"That footage is doctored, it has to be!" I said.

"I've already tested it for that. That footage is all real." James said before anyone else could argue.

"He also refused to give an alibi, so I had no choice but to incarcerate him into the Atlas City Prison." he added, about to turn the video off.

"Wait! Stop!" Ruby shouted frantically.

"What?" James asked her.

"Rewind the video a bit. Please." Ruby pleaded.

James rewinds the video until Ruby told him to pause it.

"Now, zoom in...on his face." Ruby instructed.

Zooming in we all now saw what Ruby did...in the video Clover's eyes looked...different. It wasn't its usual teal color, instead...one was pink, while the other was brown.

TO BE CONTINUED......(sorry).