Fair Game: Nightmares

Qrow was all alone in a deserted village, there was a heavy fog everywhere, making it near impossible to see anything. Through the fog, he spots a figure slumped against a collapsed building. As he got closer, he realized that the figure was Tai, and he was gravely injured.

"Oh my gods, Tai!" Qrow shouted running to his friend's side.

Tai looked bad...very bad. He had three very large, deep gashes across his chest. There was so much blood, it was everywhere, there was even blood coming out of his mouth.

"Tai...hang in there, buddy. You can't leave the girls...you can't leave me." Qrow said terrified beyond comprehension.

"Th-then...*cough*...maybe you...sh-...*cough*...shouldn't...h-have g-gotten...*cough**cough*...me killed." Tai said, before his eyes became dull and glossy.

"Tai?....Tai?!....TAI!!!!" Qrow cried shaking the man's shoulders.

He can't believe what was happening, Tai can't be dead. Also, Tai would never say such a cruel thing, the man was like a brother to Qrow. His whole body went numb...he couldn't even feel the tears streaming down his face. Then suddenly he hears a blood curdling scream....Ruby's scream. This makes the huntsman run for his life towards the direction of the scream. The sight that greeted him when he reached his destination made Qrow want to vomit. All of team RWBY and JN_R were scattered all over the place...dead. He wants to scream, but he can't seem to find his voice.

"It's all your fault, you know." said a voice from behind.

Qrow knew that voice...it was Raven, his twin sister. He turns around and there she is, standing with her arms folded, looking down on him with a sneer.

"You're so weak and pathetic. You're a fool to think that you'll be anything more than an omen of bad luck. You can deny it all you want, but you can never escape the fact that you and I are no different. Whether it's by our own hand or not, death follows us wherever we go. We'll always be little black birds of death." Raven told him as she crept around him in circles.

And as she stands in front of him, Raven changes into Summer.

"Everyone who gets close to you dies...just like me." Summer said, before the same wounds Tai had suddenly appear on her.

The silver-eyed woman stumbles forward and collapses into Qrow. He falls to his knees, holding the woman he once loved in his arms. Then...to his absolute horror...Summer changes into Clover.

"Just like I will..." Clover choked out before dying in Qrow's arms.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Qrow wakes up in his bed in Atlas screaming. He looks around the room frantically then realises everything he just went through was a horrible awful nightmare. Though the fact that it was all fake didn't make things better. He puts his head in his hands and sobs.

"Qrow? Qrow, are you okay, I heard screaming?" Clover said knocking on the door.

"Go away!" Qrow cried out.

He couldn't face him...not after what he saw in the dream. But did that stop the Ace Op from entering the room? Nope. No it did not. In fact, the outburst made Clover want to come in even more. So, he did. Without a word, he walks over to Qrow's bed and sits on the edge.

"Qrow...calm down, you're hyperventilating." Clover said noticing the huntsman's harsh and rapid breathing.

"I...I-I can't!" replied Qrow.

"Qrow, I can't help you if you don't calm down and tell me what's wrong." Clover said calmly, placing his hand on Qrow's back.

Qrow takes deep breaths and tries to get his body to stop trembling. Once he gets his breathing to...somewhat...normal, he takes his hands away from his face and looks at the concerned face of the man in front of him. The things he saw in the tail end of his dream flashes through his mind, making him emotional again. He throws himself at Clover, burying his face in his chest, bawling.

"N-nightmare..." Qrow mumbled between sobs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Clover asked.

In response, Qrow just shakes his head "no" vigorously. Clover frowns sympathetically, he knew his new friend had problems, but he didn't know they were this bad. He also hated seeing him cry like this.

"It's alright...you don't have to talk about it." Clover said wrapping his arms around Qrow's trembling form.

He wanted to do anything he could to help the man he had grown very close to. Actually, now that Clover really thinks about it, he's realizing that he might actually be in love with the older man. But, Qrow doesn't need sappy love confessions right now, he needs comfort. And that's what Clover's gonna do.

"It's okay...I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." Clover whispered softly, rubbing Qrow's back.

Clover shifts Qrow so that he's in his lap, cradled in his arms like a small child. Next, he wraps him in the blanket and continues to rub his back gently. And to top it all off, he rocks back and forth, whispering reassurances in his ear. Qrow ends up being lulled back to sleep by this.

"Good night, Qrow...love ya." Clover whispered, kissing Qrow's head.

All night long, Qrow slept soundly in Clover's arms. In the morning, he opens up to Clover about his dream. Clover assures him that he's a good man and a good huntsman, and that nothing like that would ever happen. Not as long as they stood by each other. Then Clover tells Qrow about his romantic feelings towards him.

"You...love me?" Qrow asked.

"Yes, I do." answered Clover.

"So do I, that's why it hurt so much when you died in my dream." Qrow said looking down at his lap.

Clover grabs Qrow's chin and makes him look him in the eyes.

"It was just a dream. I'm alright...everyone's alright." Clover told him.

He leans in and kisses Qrow for the first time. To them it felt like fireworks had gone off in their head and electricity spread throughout their bodies. In that moment, Qrow's horrible nightmare fades away from his memory; cause all he can think of now is how much he's insanely in love with Clover.