Fair Game: A Familiar Magic Between Us pt.5

A/N: Magic AU.

Three days ago, Clover got asked out on a date by a fourth year student named, Arvel Hawkins. The guy was cute and very kind, so Clover agreed to go out with him. Punzie is helping Clover get ready for his date.

"It's good to see you happy, I don't like it when you're sad." Punzie said helping Clover put on his tie.

"Yeah, Arvel's a really nice guy, he seems to like me a lot." Clover replied.

"Hey, Clover, your date is here!" Elm called out.

Punzie and Clover come out of Clover's room and see Arvel talking with the others on the couch.

"Hi, Clover, you look very good." Arvel said.

"Thanks, you look nice too." Clover said blushing.

"You ready to go?" Arvel asked.

"Yep." Clover answered.

Arvel grabs Clover's hand and intertwines their fingers.

"Have him home by ten! Or I'm hunting your a** down!" Elm said as Clover and Arvel left the dorm.

"They didn't threaten you, did they?" Clover asked.

"A little bit, but it's okay. They're your friends, they're protecting you. You're very lucky to have friends like that." Arvel replied.

Arvel takes Clover to a nice restaurant. He pays for dinner and dessert, but Clover insists on leaving the tip. Then they went for a walk in the park, where they talked and got to know each other. Arvel is a straight A student, he has an older brother and three younger sisters, he's a vegetarian, and his familiar is a ferret named, Josh. At the end of the date, Arvel brings Clover back at 9:45.

"I had a lot of fun." Arvel said.

"Me too." Clover said.

Leaning forward, Arvel presses a gentle kiss to Clover's cheek.

"See ya tomorrow." Arvel said before walking away.

Smiling, Clover walks into the dorm and sits on the couch.

"Soooooo, how'd it gooooo?" Punzie asked.

"Good." Clover giggled.

"That's great, Clover, I'm so happy for you." Punzie said hugging Clover.

A few more dates later, Arvel and Clover became boyfriends. They would walk each other to their classes, hold hands in the halls, eat their meals together, and spend as much free time as they could together. And all through it, Qrow was jealous, but he didn't want to be jealous. If he feels jealous, that means he cares about Clover, but he doesn't want to care about Clover. If he cares about Clover, then he'll just end up getting hurt if something bad happens to Clover, and Qrow can not go through that kind of pain again. So, he tries very hard not to feel jealous. He tells himself that he has no right to feel jealous considering he was the one who broke Clover's heart and told him he didn't care about him and didn't want to be his friend. He tells himself that Clover is better off with Arvel, who is a good person that treats Clover with so much respect and spoils the crap out of him. But he can't help that little pain in his chest every time he sees them kiss and hold hands.

"God, why is this so hard!? Why can't I just...STOP CARING!?!" Qrow thought.

On a calm Saturday afternoon, Clover and Arvel hang out in the courtyard, sitting under a big tree. Clover lays with his head in Arvel's lap.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Arvel asked running his fingers through Clover's hair.

"Sure, go ahead." Clover hummed, enjoying the soothing feeling.

"Umm...what happened between you and your familiar that makes you guys not get along?" Arvel asked cautiously.

"I don't really wanna talk about it. It's...complicated." Clover replied.

"Aw, I'm sorry things are complicated. Is there anything I can do to help you guys?" Arvel said cupping Clover's cheek.

"Nah, I don't want to drag you into my drama." Clover said placing his hand over Arvel's.

"Well, I hope you guys work things out. A bond between a wizard and his familiar is a special thing, it's a partnership, protecting each other and standing by each other through thick and thin." Arvel said.

"*sigh*...Apparently, Qrow doesn't see things that way. He sees our relationship as more of a master/servent type thing. He sees being my familiar as a frickin job." Clover sighed.

"Sorry to hear that." Arvel replied leaning down, kissing Clover's forehead.

For the rest of the day, Clover couldn't stop thinking about everything that's happened between him and Qrow. And he realizes that, deep down, he still had feelings for the old bird. But he pushed those feelings away, he was with Arvel now. Arvel is a sweet guy who actually cares about him, and he couldn't stand the thought of hurting him. Now, Clover feels guilty for thinking so much about Qrow while laying in Arvel's lap.

"Whatchya thinking about?" Arvel asked booping Clover's nose.

"Um....you of course." Clover replied smiling.

"Aww, you're so sweet." Arvel chuckled kissing Clover's lips.

"Godd*mn it, Clover! Did you just f**king LIE to your BOYFRIEND!?" Clover thought while kissing Arvel.

Clover tries his best to forget his feelings towards Qrow. So, he spends more time with Arvel, hoping that it will help. And for a while, it works...or so Clover tells himself. He tells himself that kissing Arvel helps him forget, he tells himself that him and Arvel are perfect for each other, he tells himself that he'll eventually fall in love with Arvel, and he tells himself that his feelings for Qrow will just vanish and that his mind will only have room for Arvel and Arvel only. But, just because you tell yourself those things, doesn't mean that they're true. How long will it take for Clover to realize that his feelings for Qrow are much stronger than he believes; that his feelings for Qrow are much stronger than his feelings for Arvel? Hopefully, he'll realize it before someone, mainly Arvel, gets hurt. Clover is now on edge, cause he's basically gotten himself into some sort of twisted love triangle full of unrequited feelings.