Chapter VIII: Ears, Legs and Skull

Jonathan, Dio and Funny all race to the 4th Checkpoint.

Jonathan: "I'll fucking kill you, Dio!"

Jonathan flew as Dio ran with his Vampiric legs.

Funny: "I'm doing this for honor, boys. You are doing it for dishonorable and selfish reasons."

Jonathan remembered something...

After Jonathan was utterly humiliated by Dio, he met a strange striped-white-top-hat-wearing moustached man with a white cloak, pants and leather shoes. His name was Will Anthonio Zeppeli, the greatest Hamon Master in the world.

Jonathan walked by in the riverbank, past the strange man.

Will: "You know, I trained your father in his journey to becoming a Hamon User? It's a shame he chose riches over the art."

Jonathan sighed.

Jonathan: "Leave me alone."

Will: "Most of you sigh a lot in London, don't you? Hamon-Users are known to sigh very differently, no?"

Jonathan kept on walking away.

Will then appeared before Jonathan again.

Will: "Your ribs are broken..."

Jonathan: "I got into a bloody fucking fight. Now, outta my way."

Will suddenly stabbed his chest with his whole hand, as Jonathan spat out blood.

Will then tipped his hat to Jonathan.

Will: "Hamon Overdrive."

He removes his hand, completely healing Jonathan's ribs.

Jonathan pats his chest. He beats his chest with his fist.

Jonathan: "You... healed me?"

Will: "This is the power of Hamon. I heard that Dio Brando is abusing his Hamon and frequented in beating the living hell out of you. Then again, you're both just young boys fighting for a father's attention."

Jonathan knelt before Will, first with the right leg, then the left.

Jonathan: "Teach me... Everything..."

Jonathan spent years training under Will, even travelling to Italy for a while, climbing a pillar filled with oil, standing on spikes using Hamon, keeping balance on needle-thin sticks, battling while his mouth is enclosed with a mask, standing on water, killing vampires and creatures of the night, and many more.

The final day...

Will sat with Jonathan as they sat and watched the sunset over the waters.

Will: "I'm very proud of you, Jonathan."

Jonathan: "Thanks. I'm lucky that I get to call you my Master."

Will: "Here, Jonathan..."

Will used Hamon to carve a mark on Jonathan's neck.

Will: "This will be the mark of your family, the Joestars. Carry it proudly, each generation, Jonathan. Especially when you come back again."

Jonathan smiled.

Jonathan: "I will, Father..."

Will smiled.

Jonathan: "I mean... Master."

Jonathan stood, face Will and bowed to him.

Will: "You are ready for another trial. The last trial, that will help you regain the lost honor of the Joestar family."