Romeo and Juliet *part 2* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

I walked through my dad's mansion, on the way to the mob meeting that he'd called. I sighed in relief as I saw my best friend, Oscar, rushing towards me.

"Oh my god, mate, are you okay?" he asked, catching me off guard as he hugged me tightly.

"Why wouldn't I be, Oz?" I chuckled. He pulled back and looked at me.

"Y/N, everyone heard about you ending up in the river, everyone knows the Holland mob tried to kill you." He scoffed. My eyes widened slightly. I sighed and looked around before taking Oscar's hand and pulling him into an empty room.

"Wow, okay, this is happening." He nodded as I shut the door and turned to him.

"Tom threw me into the river." I admitted. Oscar looked at me.

"I will never understand your relationship-."

"He had his guys throw me in because his dad was getting suspicious, so he had to look like he was trying to kill me. Harrison dove in after me and got me, it was all part of Tom's plan." I reassured.

"Well did he think about the aftermath? Because you sure as fuck can't tell your dad any of that without exposing you and Tom." He scoffed. I bit my lip and looked at him. His eyes widened as he realised.

"I'm not going to like this plan, am I?" he shook his head.

"I need you to say that you were the one who saved me. That way, Tom, Harrison and I are in the clear." I begged.

"Okay, but what about me? I'll be kicked out of the mob if your dad finds out." He groaned.

"Oscar, Tom and I will be killed if anyone finds out. Us, Harrison, and Tom's brothers are the only ones who know, and all of us risk being killed if we say anything. None of us have anything to gain by coming clean. No one will find out that you lied." I reassured. He sighed and looked at me.

"Please. You know that it'll start a war between the mobs if my dad finds out the real reason that Tom tried to "kill" me." I pleaded, using my fingers to create air quotes. Oscar sighed again and rubbed his hands over his face.

"You're so fucking lucky that you're like a sister to me." He mumbled and shook his head.

"Thank you!" I squealed, making him chuckle as I tightly hugged him.

"Uh huh. We better get to your dad's meeting, otherwise we won't live to see him finding out about you and Tom." He teased, making me smile and shake my head as we left the room and headed along to my dad's office. He looked up as we walked in.

"Oh. Nice of you to finally join us, Y/N." he nodded.

"I nearly died yesterday, dad, sorry if I was two minutes late to a meeting." I scoffed.

"Watch your tone, young lady. You know that I won't be spoken to like that by anyone, not even my own child." He warned. I gulped and looked down.

"And I know that you nearly died yesterday. That's exactly why I called this meeting. I won't let that arrogant asshole son of Dominic's get away with trying to kill you." He spat. I looked back up at him.

"Dad, it wasn't Tom. Just a couple of his stupid thugs doing his dirty work." I shrugged.

"And tell me, Y/N, who it was giving the order for that." He nodded. My eyes wavered and I sighed.

"Who even pulled you out? All reports suggest that you were bound and gagged, there's no way that you swam back to the surface yourself." He scoffed. I looked at Oscar, making him gulp.

"E-erm, it was me, sir. I was out patrolling and saw the commotion. Purely a case of me being in the right place at the right time." He lied.

"Well thank you, Oscar, you'll be rewarded suitably. But for now, we need to plan this attack on the Holland mob." My dad nodded. My eyes widened as he said that.

"Sorry, w-what?" I gulped. Dad looked at me.

"Y/N, you're not honestly thinking that I'd let that asshole try to kill you without repercussions? You're my only child, he needs to pay for this." He stated.

"I survived, didn't I? Dad, if you do this, if you succeed in killing Tom, you risk starting a war." I nodded, trying not to cry at the thought of my dad murdering the love of my life.

"So be it. It's about time these tensions got sorted out, anyway. We've been on the verge of war since you were born. We move out at nine." He nodded before leaving the room, his men following behind him. I choked, trying to hide the tears in my eyes as I looked at Oscar.

"Oh my god. What have we done?"

Tom's P.O.V

Tom walked into his dad's office, nodding to and greeting his brothers and everyone else in there for the mob meeting.

"Do we know what this is about?" Tom mumbled to Harrison as he joined his best mate in leaning against the wall.

"I think it's because word got back to the Adams mob that a certain dumb-ass from our mob threw his daughter in a river in an attempt to kill her. And of course, he doesn't know the real intention of that." He nodded as he looked at Tom. Tom's eyes widened slightly.

"Fuck." He gulped, making Harrison sigh and nod as Tom's dad walked into the office.

"Right, hey, everyone, thanks for being here on time." His dad nodded as he walked to behind his desk.

"Why are we here, dad?" Harry asked.

"I'm glad that you asked, son. We're here because your idiot older brother, who's meant to set an example for the rest of you, tried to kill the Adams girl. But didn't succeed." He stated, making Tom gulp as he narrowed his eyes at the boy.

"How the hell did you fuck that up? All it takes is a bullet between the eyes." Sam scoffed.

"I, um...I had my men throw her in the Thanes." He admitted, making everyone groan and mumble.

"No wonder she managed to escape!" Paddy exclaimed.

"How was I supposed to know that someone would save her?" he scoffed. Harrison choked on his spit and looked down, making Tom thump him subtly.

"Ow." He mumbled.

"It doesn't matter now. Because we're going to infiltrate the Adams mob tonight, and we're going to finish the job." His dad nodded. Tom's eyes widened at his words, his heart immediately dropping to his feet.

"Sorry, what?" he gulped.

"Tom, tension has been building between the mobs since you and Y/N were born. Killing her not only starts a war, but it'll break her father so much that the war will be easy to win. If we play our cards right, this girl's death could end in us having all of London under our control." He explained. Tom gulped, trying not to cry as he desperately thought about ways to convince his dad otherwise.

"W-why kill her, though? She's just some bitch who's not even in charge. Why not her father, why not kill Adrian, he's the leader after all." He spoke.

"So that Y/N can take his place and kill us all anyway? No. We kill her, we not only break him but we end the Adams legacy. I won't negotiate this any further. We move out at nine." He nodded before leaving the office, followed by all of his men. Tom choked, allowing a tear to leave his eye as he looked between Harrison and his brothers.

"Oh my god. What have we done?"