Broken *part 4* (Peter Parker)

Peter and I sat in the black car, the streets passing us as Happy drove us home. No one had said a single word since we'd gotten into the car, all of us still too in shock at what Tony had done to do anything but cry. My head was rested on Peter's chest and my hand was next to it as we sat impossibly close in the back of the car. Peter's tears dripped into my hair, his lips against my head as tears also ran down my cheeks. We both knew that Tony had done what he had to, and we both knew that his mind had been made up far before the final war against Thanos. We knew that if it meant giving Peter, and millions of others, including his daughter, the life that was taken from them, Tony would do it. I just couldn't believe that he was gone.

"We're here, kids." Happy mumbled, giving us a small smile through the rear mirror, but it was obviously forced. After all, he'd just lost Tony too.

"Thanks, Happy. We'll, um, we'll see you around." Peter sniffed as he opened the car door.

"Hey." He spoke suddenly. Peter and I looked at each other before looking at him.

"Feel free to call me whenever. Whatever you need, I'll be there. That goes for both of you." He nodded.

"Thanks, Happy. That means a lot." I gave him a small smile. He returned it and nodded as Peter and I got out of the car, Peter shutting the door behind us before taking my hand. We walked into his building and I could tell that he was nervous to see his aunt again.

"Has she changed?" he asked suddenly as we walked up the stairs. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"Not at all." I shook my head. He gulped and nodded, kissing my head before continuing to pull me up the stairs. Eventually we got to his floor and we walked along the hallway, Peter's hand gripping mine gradually tighter the closer we got to his apartment. I knocked on the door and gave Peter a reassuring smile. It opened to reveal May.

"Y/N, thank god you're okay-." She stopped talking as she looked past me. Her eyes widened as she saw Peter.

"Peter...Peter, oh my god!" she gasped, immediately pulling him into her arms. We moved into the apartment, Peter's face still buried in May's neck and his arms wrapped tightly around her as I shut the door.

"May, I missed you so much, I'm so sorry." He choked as he pulled away, his eyes already red and wet. She shook her head as she took his face in her hands.

"None of this was ever your fault, and don't you think for a second that it was. You know that there was nothing you could do to stop Thanos, and you know that Tony made up his mind a long time ago about what he was going to do." She nodded. He sighed and returned it, leaning into her touch. She looked at me.

"You, get over here." She smiled, waving me over. I gulped, walking over to her, but the nervousness melted away as soon as she pulled me into a hug, one almost as desperate as the one given to Peter.

"Thank you." She whispered, making me smile and close my eyes as I returned the nod. She pulled away to reveal Peter looking at us with furrowed eyebrows.

"You two seem a lot closer than before I...got disintegrated." He chuckled slightly.

"Oh, Peter, she's been amazing. She's been here for me every day for the last five years. I wouldn't have made it through had it not been for her." May nodded, gently cupping my cheek.

"It was my pleasure, May." I admitted, giving her a small smile.

"Now, I'm never letting either of you out of my sight again." She nodded, making us laugh as she pulled us both into a tight hug.

"Trust me, I'm going to be by his side for the rest of my life." I teased.

"I hope so." Peter smiled as he kissed my head.

Peter and I lay in his bed, my head and hand on his chest and his hand gently moving up and down my back. Given the magnitude of the situation, May had agreed to let me stay over, and had agreed to let me sleep with Peter, something that I was so grateful for.

"Aww, man, I missed my birthday." Peter groaned, making me laugh as he face-planted the palm of his hand.

"Peter, technically, you missed five, you should be twenty now, but instead, you're still sixteen." I chuckled.

"Damn. Still five years off being able to drink instead of just one." He huffed, making me smile. He looked at me gently.

"What?" I asked. He shrugged, gently cupping my cheeks and running his fingertips over my skin.

"Thank you for looking after May whilst I was gone. She's lost so much already, I'm sure it killed her when she lost me too, so...thank you for giving her more family." He nodded.

"Of course, Peter. She was my rock just as much as I was hers." I returned. He smiled and looked at me before leaning down and pressing our lips together gently. I returned it, holding his face to bring him closer, deepening the kiss as if it was the last time that we'd ever be together. Because the last time we did this, it had actually been the last time, and we had wasted it. Peter broke the kiss and touched our foreheads, keeping me close.

"I love you, Y/N. So much." He nodded, staring into my eyes with his stunning hazel ones.

"I love you too, Peter Parker." I whispered. He gave me a small smile before gently pecking my lips again. He lay us down on his bed, me still lying half on top of him as he pulled the covers over us. I smiled to myself as he ran his fingers through my hair, his gentle heartbeat reassuring me that this wasn't a dream and that the love of my life definitely wasn't going to disappear in front of me again. I let my eyes flutter shut, Peter's breathing also becoming even as he gradually fell asleep too. I closed my eyes fully, happy to be once again falling asleep in Peter's arms after so long.