Drunk *part 1* (Tom Holland)

Alcohol coursed through my veins, the pumping music making my head hurt as I stumbled through the house, the liquid slightly sloshing out of my red plastic cup. I blinked harshly and collapsed against the wall, finally admitting to myself that I was absolutely and utterly fucked. After all, it was the only way to forget about the fact that my best friend and the love of my life, Tom Holland, had a girlfriend who wasn't me. I looked down at my phone, the blurry numbers 2:30 am staring back at me. My eyes widened slightly. I had been invited to this party, the host being a friend of a friend, and had planned to stay half an hour at the most. That had been four and a half hours ago. I gulped as I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my contacts, knowing that he'd be so pissed off at me for calling at this time, but I knew that he'd also rather be annoyed at me than have me dead. I scrolled to his number and sighed before pressing it and putting the phone to my ear. After a couple of dial tones, he picked up.

"...Hello? Y/N?" Tom picked up groggily.

"Hey." I giggled drunkenly.

"What time is it-why are you calling me at two-thirty in the morning?" he asked sleepily.

"Well, see, I went to this party, I don't really know the guy, and now I'm absolutely fucked and have no way to get home-."

"Let me guess, you need me to come pick you up." He cut me off harshly.

"Pleasssssse." I whined.

"For fucks' sake, Y/N, this is the sixth time this month. What's going on with you?" he scoffed, but the shuffling in the background that told me that he was getting ready confirmed that he was coming to pick me up.

"I like partying." I lied, shrugging to myself.

"Bullshit, Y/N. I'll be there in ten minutes, don't drink anything else, except for water, and for the love of God, do not let any guy try to pick you up and take you home, okay?" he spoke.

"Do you really think I'd be that stupid?" I pouted.

"Honestly, Y/N, in the state that you're in, I think you'd be stupid enough to do anything." He muttered before hanging up.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and shut as I resisted the urge to fall asleep before Tom got there. After all, he was the only one that I felt safe around.

"Y/N." my eyes fluttered open again and I looked up to see Tom storming into the house.

"Heyyy, Tommy." I giggled, reaching my arms out for him like a toddler.

"No nicknames tonight, you're in trouble." He nodded as he grabbed my forearm and pulled me up from sitting against the wall. I pouted as he pulled me out of the house and onto the street.

"Why am I in trouble? Are you mad that I tore you away from fucking Carly?" I asked, wincing slightly as his girlfriend's name left a bitter taste in my mouth. Tom looked down at me and clenched his jaw as he continued to pull me along.

"For your information, I wasn't with Carly. You're in trouble because you called me in the middle of the night, fucked out of your mind, and needing me to come save you, for what, the sixth time this month, you're out of control." He scoffed. I returned it, ripping my arm out of his grip and stopping in my tracks.

"Don't do this." Tom groaned, squeezing his eyes shut and pinching the bridge of his nose as he turned to look at me.

"You didn't need to come save me, I can take care of myself." I huffed.

"Really? So if a guy had grabbed you and had started to pull you up to a bedroom with him, you would have been sober enough to say no and get away from him? Because I would never forgive myself if something like that happened to you." He shook his head.

"I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, Tom, I wouldn't let a guy take me home with him." I spat.

"Oh yeah? Prove it." He snapped back. I huffed again before storming towards him. I grabbed his face, making his eyes widen as I pulled him down and pressed our lips together. He returned it immediately, cupping my waist as I curled my arms over his shoulders. Suddenly, his eyes shot open.

"Woah, woah, stop." He gulped, gently taking my arms from his shoulders.

"I have a girlfriend, Y/N, what the fuck was that?" he scoffed. I returned it and shook my head as I looked down.

"That's the problem. You have a girlfriend." I nodded. Tom looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" he asked. I groaned, throwing my arms up in exacerbation at how clueless he was.

"Don't you get it? You want to know why I've been acting out recently? Because I can't stand the sight of you and Carly together, or you with another girl at all, because I'm in love with you." I admitted. His eyes widened.

"I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember, Tom, ever since we were little kids. For fucks sake, it was so obvious that even Harrison saw it, he's tried to set us up countless times, but you're so fucking clueless that you never saw it. And then you started dating Carly and started saying after only a month that she was the one, and I just couldn't take it. I couldn't take the unknowing rejection, it hurt too much." I choked. Tom looked at me with wide eyes as he opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I sighed and looked down.

"Don't think that I didn't notice you kissing me back, either. I may be drunk, but I know what a kiss feels like when only one person is doing it. You kissed me back." I mumbled. Tom's eyes wavered and he sighed.

"Let's get you back to mine, okay? I don't think that you should be alone right now." He mumbled.

"I'm always alone, Tom." I choked. He sighed, looking at me sympathetically as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started to walk me to his car again.