The spy *final part* (Peter Parker)

I sat with my back against the glass wall of the cell, dry tears on my cheeks as well as fresh ones. I had lost track of how long I'd been in the cell a long time ago. All I knew was that I'd fucked up. I heard the door open, making me lazily look over my shoulder. My eyes widened and I scrambled to my feet as Peter walked in.

"You're alive." I choked.

"No thanks to you." he nodded. I returned it and bit my lip in a weak attempt to stop yet more tears from falling.

"I don't even know what to say to you." he scoffed and shook his head, further breaking my heart as he made an effort to look anywhere but at me.

"Then let me explain why I did it." I gulped. He looked at me through his hair before raising his head to look at me fully.

"Talk." he nodded. I returned it and gulped as I nervously fiddled with my fingers.

"I wasn't lying about how I was brought into this world. I was born with my powers, so my parents left me at an orphanage. But when I was five, HYDRA adopted me, since they knew that I had abilities." I admitted. Peter nodded, showing me that he was listening.

"Since I was five, they trained me for the sole purpose to kill you and end the Avengers from the inside. I've had years of training from six am until eleven pm, years of being told that I needed to work for food and water. They had trained me to be the perfect assassin by the age of ten." I gulped, tears leaving my eyes. Peter sighed.

"Seven months ago, Pierce told me that I was finally ready for the mission. And so I came here, but immediately I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it, because I met you. And you were everything that I'd been lacking for the last fifteen years of my life. You were kind, you were gentle, you were genuine, you were everything that I needed." I choked and shook my head, Peter's face softening more with every word.

"I knew within days that I wouldn't be completing the mission. But I also knew that I'd be arrested immediately by Tony if I told you guys the truth of who I was. But I never meant for any of this to happen. That's why I tried so hard to convince you not to go on the mission, because I knew that it was a trap." I admitted. Peter looked at me.

"And what about the kiss? Was any of that real?" he scoffed and shook his head, a tear also leaving his eye.

"I never lied to you about my feelings for you, Peter. The only thing that I lied about was where I came from. Everything else was real." I nodded. He gulped and returned it, his eyes wavering as more tears fell from them.

"Peter, I want to stay with you, here. I want to be part of the Avengers for good, I want to help you take Pierce down. I know that it looked bad but when you caught me with him yesterday, I was telling him that I was done. He was about to kill me when you saw us. That's why he said that you finding out was better than killing me." I admitted.

"How do I know that any of that is true? For all I know, you could be throwing us further under the bus in order to save your own skin." he choked and shook his head. I sighed.

"If that kiss meant anything to you, Pete, trust me. If that kiss meant anything to you, trust that it meant something to me too." I gulped. He returned it, giving me one last glance before turning and leaving the room.

Peter's P.O.V

"If that kiss meant anything to you, Pete, trust me. If that kiss meant anything to you, trust that it meant something to me too." Y/N gulped. Peter returned the gulp, his mind and heart racing as he tried to comprehend everything that Y/N was telling him. He didn't know what to believe. He wanted to believe that Y/N was telling the truth, that she did like him as much as he liked her. He gave her one last glance before leaving the room. He wiped away the tears that had fallen and tried to recompose himself as he headed into the living room, where everyone else was. The others looked up as he walked in.

"Did you talk to her, Pete?" Tony asked as he stood up. Peter nodded and looked at him.

"This is going to sound crazy, but she's not the perpetrator, Mr Stark. She's the victim." he admitted. His eyes widened.

"What?" Steve scoffed, making Peter sigh.

"She has a history. She was adopted by HYDRA as a young girl and basically tortured in order to become the perfect killer. She was led to believe that killing us was her sole purpose in life. But she started to doubt that the moment that she came here." he explained.

"So she's remorseful?" Natasha asked, making Peter nod.

"Do you genuinely believe that? Or do you think that she's playing us?" Bruce asked. Peter sighed and looked between everyone.

"I believe that she's real. When I caught her with Pierce, she said that she was refusing to kill us. I think that she knew that she wouldn't the moment that she met us." he admitted. The adults sighed and looked at each other.

"It's your call, Tony." Steve shrugged. Tony sighed and nodded before looking at Peter. The boy gulped, his heart racing as he was unsure of what his mentor would say.

"Let's go recruit her. For real, this time." he nodded. Peter choked, his eyes wavering as he heard the answer that he'd wanted.

Y/N's P.O.V

I sat in the cell, counting the passing seconds until I got to see Peter again. Part of me wondered if I ever would see him again. After all, I couldn't blame him, I had lied to him for half a year and nearly gotten him killed. I turned around and gulped as the door opened and everyone walked in.

"What's going on? Are you turning me in?" I asked as I stood up. Everyone looked at each other, though Peter's gaze stayed on me.

"Pete told us what HYDRA has put you through. He sees you as a victim in this." Tony stated. I gulped, looking at Peter with watering eyes.

"And so, I'm going to ask you something. And I need you to answer truthfully." he nodded.

"Okay." I returned. Tony sighed.

"Swear on Peter's life, that you told the truth about what you said to Pierce. Swear on Peter's life that you're no longer with HYDRA and that you're with us now." he demanded. I gulped, tears leaving my eyes as I looked at Peter. He nodded, making me smile slightly as I stared into his beautiful eyes. I had known my answer months ago.

"I swear on Peter's life that I'm done with HYDRA. I'm ready to be an Avenger, for real." I promised. Tony sighed, Peter giving me a small smile as the glass door started to open. I cautiously walked out, looking timidly at Peter as he walked towards me. He gulped before leaning down and hugging me. The action caught me off guard slightly but I soon sunk into his chest as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I forgive you, Y/N." he admitted quietly into my ear, making me choke.

"Thank you." I whispered.

~One month later~

I punched my fist out, Peter dodging it with ease as he sent a punch towards my stomach. I lowered my other hand and stopped his fist only an inch away from my skin with my energy.

"Hey! No powers, babe, play fair!" he laughed, making me return it as I tried to kick his legs out from underneath him. But it didn't work. He moved his leg before I could kick it before kicking my leg instead. I groaned as I fell onto the crash mats and Peter straddled me, pinning my arms around my head.

"Sorry, I'm not allowed to use my powers, but you're allowed to use your super strength?" I scoffed in annoyance.

"I didn't use my super strength, angel, I'm just stronger than you." he teased with a smirk. I scoffed and stuck my tongue into my cheek, making his smirk dip into a small smile.

"I'm glad that I met you, Y/N. Even if you were a spy at first." he spoke, making me smile and bite my lip.

"I definitely made the right decision to stay here." I agreed. He nodded and bit his lip before leaning down and pressing our lips together.