Learned to hate *part 2* (Peter Parker)

Peter's P.O.V

Tears rolled down Peter's face as he walked up the stairs to his apartment. How had he somehow managed to fall for the girl that he hated? It felt like he hadn't even been talking to her, it felt like he'd been talking to someone who really cared about him, and potentially even loved him. That was the worst part. He had fully fallen for her. He could see a future with her. Well, he could before he met her. But something in his mind was struggling to let go of those feelings. Did he really hate her so much that he was going to throw away his own happiness to carry on his vendetta? He didn't know. He sighed and wiped the tears away as he unlocked his front door.

"I'm back, May!" he yelled out. She appeared at the doorway of the kitchen, her smile dipping as she saw his red eyes.

"Wait, what happened?" she scoffed. He sighed and looked at her.

"She didn't show up." he lied. He knew that he should have told her the truth, but he was afraid that if he did, May would talk him into trusting his heart and chasing after Y/N after all. And he wasn't sure yet if that's what he wanted to do.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry." she sighed as she hugged him.

"It's okay. At least it was only a week of my life." he chuckled slightly, but he didn't mean the humour that the chuckle portrayed.

"Yeah, but you got very invested in that week. It's okay to be upset." she reassured, her hands rubbing soothingly up and down his back. He pulled away and gave her a small smile as he retracted his arms.

"I think that I'll do an earlier patrol today, to distract myself." he nodded.

"Okay, sweetie, but be safe." she spoke.

"I always am, May!" he called back before heading into his room and shutting the door. He gulped, tears pricking his eyes again as he sat down on his bed and held his head in his hands. He choked, tears rolling down his cheeks as he was completely unsure of what to do. Did he follow his heart, and make up with Y/N for the sake of being with her, or did he ignore what he was feeling in order to go back to hating her? Because he did genuinely believe that Y/N felt something for him, and that she'd meant everything that she said to him in the last week. He sighed and shook his head, hoping that his patrol would help him to make up his mind as he stood up and started to get into his suit.

Y/N's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open, them still sore and puffy from crying as my alarm pulled me out of sleep. I groaned and buried my face into the pillow. Since Peter had rejected me on Saturday night, I had spent the whole weekend crying and eating ice cream in bed. After all, everything that he'd said to me over the week had made me fall for the boy, and it sounded like he felt the same way. But ultimately, he'd chosen to go back to hating me. I looked at my phone, sighing as I had no messages from "Pete". After meeting up, we'd gone from talking for every second, to not having a single text exchanged between us in two days now. I wanted it to go back to normal. I sighed and sat up, knowing that I'd have to wear makeup today to cover the bags under my eyes as I stood up and started to get ready for school.

I wandered into school, not wanting to be there as I headed to Flash's locker. He looked at me, his face dropping.

"What's wrong? You look like shit." he spoke, making me roll my eyes.

"Thanks, asshole. Pete never showed up on Saturday." I lied, not feeling like telling Flash that I had accidentally been on a date with our enemy, and the guy that he bullied on a daily basis. His eyes widened.

"Wow, that's a dick move, I'm sorry. I'm guessing that your tutoring is also stopping then?" he asked. I rolled my eyes and started to head to class.

"I was only asking, jeez." he scoffed as we walked into class. Peter looked up as we walked in, his eyes wavering as he looked back down. I gulped, trying not to cry as Flash and I walked to our usual desk and sat down.

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling with my hands resting on my stomach as I thought. What was I thinking about? Peter. It had been a week since we had found out who we were talking to, and we hadn't talked since. But I also hadn't stopped thinking about him since, and a part of me hoped that he'd also not stopped thinking about me too. I gulped and picked up my phone before clicking into our text conversation. I couldn't help but smile as I re-read all of the texts between us. It had been such a good week. My smile dipped, nerves starting to fill my stomach as I clicked onto the chat box and sent him a message, figuring that I had nothing else to lose.

Peter's P.O.V

Peter sat on his bed, reading his textbook and trying to get his mind off of Y/N. He had been thinking about her non-stop since they had met up, but he still didn't know what he wanted to do. Though currently, he was leaning towards forgiving her. Suddenly, his phone buzzed, making him look down at it. His eyes wavered and he sighed as it was Y/N. It's as if she knows, he thought as he read the text.

Y/N: Hey...can we talk? I miss you. And I mean that...

Peter's eyes wavered, the message catching him off-guard. He ignored it though as he stood up and grabbed his coat before grabbing his phone and opening his bedroom door.

"I'm going out, May, I'll be back in a bit." he nodded.

"Okay, honey, be safe." she smiled. He gave her a small one in return, though it disappeared as soon as he walked out of the door.

Y/N's P.O.V

I wandered around Queens memorial park, my hands in my pockets as I walked around aimlessly. Peter had never replied to my text, so I decided to go out and get some fresh air. And somehow, I had found myself walking to the exact spot that we'd met up at. I sighed as I sat down on the bench, looking at my hands as I wondered what had gone wrong.

"Y/N?" My eyes widened as I heard that all-too familiar voice call my name. I looked up and my eyes wavered as Peter walked towards me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I needed some air. You?" I returned.

"Same. Can I sit?" he asked, gesturing to the bench. I nodded and looked down as I shifted along, giving Peter the room as he sat down next to me. I gulped and looked at the ground as silence overtook the conversation.

"Y/N, I'll be honest with you. I've hated you for years, mainly because of you being friends with Flash. I always saw this nasty, manipulative side to you, and I figured that you could only be friends with a guy like him if you were like that. But last week...last week was amazing." he scoffed and shook his head. I looked at him.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you since we met up. I felt so connected to you within hours of talking to you. The things that you were saying, the way that you were talking, I-I fell for it. I fell for you." he admitted. I bit my lip.

"I fell for you too, Peter. Everything that you said was just perfect. I started to feel real things from your words, which is why I got upset when you said that it wouldn't work. Everything that we said to each other was real, it only wouldn't work because we didn't know that it was each other." I choked. He sighed and nodded.

"So, what do we do from here? Because I think it's clear that we don't actually hate each other." he chuckled as he took my hand. I returned it and looked at him.

"I want to give this a go, Pete. Look at how connected we felt in just a week, imagine how much that can progress in a month, or a year. I really want to see where this goes." I nodded.

"So do I." he admitted. I smiled and bit my lip as he turned to face me. My smile dipped slightly, my heart starting to thump as he gently took my face into his hands and pulled me into a kiss. I returned it immediately, smiling into it as I held his face and his hands moved down to my waist. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"Let's do this." he smiled. I returned it and nodded before kissing him again.