The bad Spiderman *part 3* (Peter Parker)

I lay in bed on my side, my back facing Peter as I waited for him to wake up. I sighed, biting my lip and looking down at the arm that was wrapped around my waist as I thought. Since Peter had thrown the intruder off of the roof a couple of days ago, something about him had seemed off. He seemed a lot more confident than he usually was, so much so that it bordered on arrogance, and the Peter that I knew wasn't arrogant. The difference extended to training, too. Usually, it was a relatively fair fight between us, but since the roof, he had managed to easily pin me in mere seconds, with his hand sometimes being a bit too tight around my neck for my comfort. Those things, and more, were making me start to worry about who I was lying next to. Sure, he looked like Peter, but he sure as hell wasn't the Peter that I knew and loved. I gulped and bit my lip as I heard small groans leaving Peter's lips, telling me that he was waking up. I sighed, forcing a smile onto my lips as he used the arm that was around my waist to pull me onto my back as he looked at me.

"Morning, angel." He sighed in bliss.

"Morning. You sleep okay?" I asked, trying to keep up the front that I didn't suspect that something was wrong.

"I did. And it was because I was sleeping next to you." He smirked as he rolled on top of me before leaning down and joining our lips. My eyes widened slightly at the rush of the kiss, but I returned it as I raised my hands up to his brown curls. He broke the kiss and moved his lips down to my neck, making me gulp and bite my lip.

"Pete, I'm not really in the mood, how about we skip this and just go down to breakfast?" I suggested.

"Nah, I'm hungry for something else." He smirked against my skin. My eyes widened slightly.

"And I said no." I scoffed.

"Come on, give me a little taste, babe." He returned as he started to leave open-mouthed kisses on my skin. My eyes widened further as I pushed on his chest, creating space between our bodies as I closed my other hand into a fist and let red energy dance around it.

"Don't make me light you up." I threatened. He scoffed, giving me a cocky smirk as he rolled off of me and back onto his side of the bed. I looked at him once more, clenching my jaw as I stood up and left the room, my mind now utterly convinced that the Peter that I had just experienced, wasn't my Peter at all.

I stood in the gym, arms crossed over my chest as I watched Peter train with Natasha. I chewed on my lip as Natasha swung her fist out, Peter easily catching it before sending a knee into her side. Natasha groaned and doubled over, giving Peter the opportunity to pin her to the mats. I sighed, giving Tony a small smile as he walked to me and joined me in watching the duo fight.

"Mr Stark, can I ask you something?" I asked, looking at the taller man.

"Course." He nodded. I sighed as I looked back at Peter and Natasha.

"Does Peter seem a bit off to you recently? Like, stronger, more confident, more...different?" I asked. Tony pursed his lips, studying Peter as he thought.

"I guess, but I just put it down to him being frustrated over something. I figured that you two were having problems in the bedroom." He chuckled. My eyes widened and I looked up at my mentor.

"Thanks." I scoffed, making the man give me a cheeky wink as he chuckled and shook his head.

"It's more than that, though, Mr Stark. He genuinely doesn't seem himself. Like this morning, he tried to initiate things, I said no, but he didn't stop." I admitted. Tony's head shot to me.

"What the fuck did he do?" he asked sternly.

"Nothing, you know me, I didn't let it get further than me saying no. But my point is that he's never done that before. I say no, he stops immediately, and then profusely apologises because he thinks that he made me uncomfortable. But this morning, I said no, he carried on, I said no again, he carried on again. It took me threatening him to finally make him stop." I explained. Tony looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"That's very odd. I wouldn't have thought that Peter is the type of guy to do something like that." He mumbled, shaking his head.

"That's because he's not, and we both know it." I nodded. Tony looked at me again.

"You saying that he's some kind of intruder?" he scoffed. I sighed and looked at Peter, who was still fighting Natasha.

"I don't know, Mr Stark. But one thing that I know for sure, is that Peter isn't my Peter." I mumbled, sighing as I bit my lip.

Peter's P.O.V

Peter's eyes slowly fluttered open, a pained and dry cough leaving the boy's lips. He groaned in agony, the pain that he was in seeping back into his body as sleep left him. He gulped, flicking his eyes around the dimly lit concrete room as he took in his surroundings. He swallowed harshly in a desperate attempt to help moisten his mouth, the pain overtaking every other feeling. He could only guess that he was in one of HYDRA's bases, being held as a prisoner and probably waiting to be killed so that the intruder could take his place and destroy the Avengers from within. Which is why Peter had to get out as soon as he could. His plan quickly dissolved into despair as he tried to sit up, whimpers and cries leaving his lips as he couldn't even sit up without waves of pain sweeping through him.

"FUCK!" he yelled, his voice cracking as he realised that all he could do was remain lying on the icy concrete floor that he had woken up on. He looked to the door, his eyes wavering as it opened, and two guards walked in, followed by Peter's clone. Peter clenched his jaw, gulping harshly as the clone looked down at the broken boy with a fake pout on his lips.

"I bet the fall hurt, didn't it? Your X-ray revealed four cracked ribs, a broken pelvis and a slightly punctured lung. Luckily the punctured lung won't kill you, though, it'll just make it excruciating for you to breathe for the next six months. If you last that long." The clone smirked.

"Go fuck yourself." Peter spat through gritted teeth.

"Ah, ah, ah, be nice." The clone tutted as he placed his foot onto Peter's chest. The boy gulped, his body too weak to push the foot off, or to even roll over.

"I know that you have super strength and healing, but in the state that you're currently in, if I apply so much as a leg's worth of pressure onto your chest right now, your cracked ribs will properly puncture your lungs, and you'll drown in your own blood. You want to see Y/N again, right?" he scoffed. Peter's eyes widened at the sound of his girlfriend's name.

"If you so much as touch her, I will kill you the moment that the Avengers find me." He promised, nodding his head against the concrete.

"Oh, I've done a lot more than just touch her, dude. I can totally see why you went for her." He smirked, making Peter clench his jaw.

"Also, it's cute of you to assume that the Avengers will ever find you, or will at least find you before I destroy them. Because I tell you something, they don't suspect a thing. For the world's mightiest heroes, they sure are a fucking gullible bunch." He scoffed before removing his foot from Peter's chest. Peter took a deep breath, the foot having slightly restricted his breathing.

"Don't worry, I'll do it quickly. And as for Y/N, I'll tell her how much you love her as I'm stabbing a knife into her heart." The clone smirked, giving Peter a wink before leaving the cell.

"YOU WON'T TOUCH HER!" Peter yelled after him, but his cries were ignored as the cell door slammed shut again, leaving Peter alone once more as a tear fell from his black eye.