A familiar face *part 1* (Peter Parker)

"Tag! You're it!" I laughed, tapping Peter's arm before running away from him.

"Hey! No fair! I wasn't ready!" Peter exclaimed as he ran after me. I giggled as I ran as fast as I could to get away from the four-year-old boy who was my best friend, the boy that I was practically born with. He chased me through my dad's robotic room, both of us running in between his big, and scary, Iron suits that protected us.

"You can't catch me!" I yelled, taunting the boy as I looked back at him. My eyebrows furrowed as he had stopped in his tracks and his eyes were wide. I understood why as I collided with a pair of jean-covered legs, a small "oof" being heard from the person. I gulped and turned around, smiling up at my dad as he gave me a disapproving look.

"Now, what have I told you kids about running around daddy's robotics lab? Two small things like you have to be careful." He nodded, scolding us gently as he got down onto one knee and looked at me.

"Sorry, daddy. But I promise that we were being careful." I nodded eagerly.

"Sure you were, sweetie." He chuckled as he looked past me and at Peter, who was just stood there staring at my dad with big doe eyes.

"Alright. You two can keep playing, but be careful, I mean it." He smiled as he stood up. I squealed in response, making him chuckle and shake his head as I grabbed Peter's hand and continued to run through the lab.

"Would you rather...watch a cartoon, or read a book?" Peter asked, absentmindedly tracing patterns on the table that we were sat on with his finger as we sat just metres away from our dads working together.

"Easy, cartoons. Books are boring." I nodded as I scrunched up my nose.

"I agree." Peter returned.

"With attitudes like that, you two will never be smart like us." Dad chuckled as he picked me up and Peter's dad picked him up.

"That's a meany thing to say." I pouted, making dad's smile widen.

"Well, that's okay, munchkin, because I didn't mean it." He shook his head.

"Yeah, you two are going to grow up to be just as smart as your daddies. Isn't that right, Pete?" Peter's dad asked, smiling at the curly-haired boy.

"Yeah." He giggled, making his dad's smile widen. Suddenly, mom burst through the doors of the lab, making both my dad and Peter's look at her.

"Pepper, what's wrong?" dad gulped.

"I don't know what happened. I assume that they're HYDRA guards, they're storming the place." She choked. Dad's eyes widened as he looked at Peter's dad and he immediately put me down.

"Y/N, sweetie, we're going to play a game of hide-and-seek, okay? You're going to go hide in your special place with Peter, and I'm going to come find you." He nodded. I gulped.

"But daddy, I don't want to play-."

"I know, honey, but you have to. The game goes on until I come and find you, so you and Peter do not leave your place until I am there, okay, munchkin?" he asked, gripping my upper arms. I nodded slowly, tears pricking my eyes.

"Good girl. I love you. God, I love you so much." He choked as he tightly hugged me.

"I love you too, daddy." I mumbled. He pulled away and kissed my head before giving me a small smile and standing up.

"Go on, honey. Take Peter and go hide." Mom nodded, also kissing my head as she slipped Peter's hand into mine. I returned her nod, gulping again as Peter and I ran out of the room.