The insider *part 4* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

Tom's P.O.V

Tom sat at his desk in his office, doing paperwork and sorting mob stuff out. Well, that's what he claimed to be doing. In reality, he was checking his phone every five seconds to see if Y/N had texted. He sighed and put his pen down, his body leaning back in his chair as he rubbed his hands over his face. It had been four days since Y/N had left for MI5 and Tom hadn't heard from her since. She was supposed to return after two days and yet she hadn't been back. Tom knew that the connection that they'd developed over the months that she'd been with him wasn't fake, which left the only solution being that something bad had happened. The thought of which hurt him to think about. His head shot up as he heard a noise down the corridor. He gulped, his hand grabbing his gun as he stood up and slowly walked to his door. He pushed it open, his eyes flicking to Harrison as the boy also crept out of the room that he was in, a gun also in his hands. Harrison looked at Tom, making him nod. Harrison returned it, both boys raising their guns as they kept walking along the corridor. They turned the corner, Tom's eyes widening as the man also had a gun out.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!" Tom yelled, making the man aim the gun at them.

"YOU PUT THE GUN DOWN!" the man shouted in response.

"If you have even an inkling of who he is, put the gun down, asshole." Harrison spat. The man clenched his jaw before lowering the gun, Tom and Harrison still pointing their weapons at him.

"Aren't you going to put them down too?!" he exclaimed.

"You're not calling the shots here." Tom scoffed and shook his head.

"Who are you?" Harrison asked.

"I'm Jacob Chyles. I'm Y/N's partner in the MI5. I think that something bad has happened to her." he admitted. Tom's eyes widened, a pit forming in his stomach at the words. He had known that something had gone wrong. And Y/N's partner showing up just days after she'd gone missing proved that.

"Follow me." Tom mumbled, keeping his gun out as he led Jacob to his office.

Tom sat at his desk, staring at Jacob with a stone-cold face as he sat at the other side of the desk. Harrison leant against the wall, sighs leaving his lips as both men refused to speak first.

"You dickheads do realise that Y/N could be dying at this exact moment, right?" he sighed, making Tom clench his jaw.

"When did you first suspect that your boss was working for Richardson?" he asked. Jacob sighed and sat forward.

"About a year ago. When we got Intel on a massive drug shipment that was due for him, but she told us not to pursue it. And little things like that ever since." he shook his head.

"And why the fuck didn't you say anything?" Tom scoffed.

"What was I supposed to say, tell MI5 that one of their most trusted agents worked for the second largest mob in London? I didn't have any irrefutable proof that it was her. So, I couldn't say anything." he explained. Tom sighed.

"What about you, Holland?" Jacob asked. Tom furrowed his eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" he scoffed.

"Guilt is written all over your face. What I think happened is that you knowingly sent Y/N back to a woman who's been working for your enemy. And you knew that she was working for Richardson because you also did your research on our boss." he stated. Tom clenched his jaw, his eyes flicking to Harrison. He just shrugged, making Tom look back at Jacob.

"We had our suspicions, mainly for the same reason that you did. Our drug shipments always got surrounded by MI5 but his never did. Something wasn't right. And then the Richardson mob turned up instead of you guys when Y/N told your boss about the shipment. We started digging and found out that she was on Richardson's payroll. Thing is that we couldn't tell Y/N because we figured that she'd be safer being ignorant. That's what I figured." he nodded, a tear leaving his eye as he looked down. Jacob sighed.

"I knew that she'd fall for you." he chuckled. Tom looked back up at him.

"You knew?" he scoffed.

"Of course I did. You're exactly her type, and she was gone for months at a time and then was back for a day when she came back. I can safely assume that she's also now on your payroll." he nodded. Tom looked timidly at Harrison again, him returning the glance.

"So, what do we do now? Richardson and your boss kidnapped her to get to me. That means that whatever we walk into is a trap." he spoke.

"You're not suggesting just abandoning her." Jacob scoffed.

"Of course I'm not. I don't abandon people that I love. All I'm saying is that we need to think of a plan, and a good one. We can't save her if we die on the way in." he replied.

"Okay, so what are you suggesting, mate?" Harrison asked. Tom smirked and looked between the men.

"Listen up, boys. Because I have an idea."

Y/N's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open, pain filling my head as my body started to wake up. I moaned quietly, my head lulling as I opened my eyes fully. I looked up and rolled my eyes as I sat on a chair in the middle of an abandoned warehouse, my hands and legs tied to the chair. That was the only downside to dating Tom. Being the girlfriend of the biggest mobster in London made me incredibly likely to be kidnapped and used against him. I looked ahead, my eyes wavering as Dale Richardson and my boss walked towards me.

"What the fuck have you done?" I gulped, panic starting to set in as I tried to pull my wrists out of the rope.

"I did what anyone in my position would do. I had to do it. I bet that you don't even know half of what's been happening behind the scenes." she scoffed and shook her head. My eyes widened slightly at her words.

"What are you talking about?" I mumbled.

"You're so fucking naive. I didn't select you for the case because you're a good agent. I selected you for the case because you'd been on Holland's radar for a while. And you'd been on it because he liked you. I only sent you in to become exactly what you have become." she admitted. I choked, my eyes wavering and tears leaving them as I looked down. I had thought from the start that I'd been given the case because my boss had genuinely seen something in me. Apparently, all she'd seen in me was the ability to get into Tom's pants. Not even the case about Tom had been real. It had all been a lie.

"So, what's the plan now? Because he may be a criminal, but Tom is far too smart to come for me. He'll know that it's a trap." I spat.

"I believe that he'll come. He's too in love with you to just leave you here to die. And when he does come, he dies." Dale Richardson smirked. I clenched my jaw at the pair as tears continued to roll down my face.

"He's going to kill you. Both of you." I spat, aiming the last part at my boss. She rolled her eyes, the smirk still on Richardson's lips as they walked away. I choked and looked down. I wasn't good at my job after all, apparently. I'd only been selected because Tom wanted me, and so my boss and Richardson saw an easy in. I'd been nothing more than a piece of meat to use against Tom. I knew that he didn't see me as that, but Richardson and my boss did. I bit my lip, tears streaming down my face as I thought about him. He couldn't come after me, otherwise he'd die, and he couldn't die. I loved him too much. But I knew that he would come for me. I just had to figure out a way to save both of us.