A normal life *part 2* (Peter Parker)

I sat on the sofa, impatiently bouncing my knee and biting at my fingernails as I waited for Peter to get home from California. My heart was almost pounding out my chest in worry. After all, I had barely heard from him after when he was supposed to have done the mission. It had been a full two days after his mission before I had heard anything, the information coming in the form of Nick Fury calling me to tell me that my husband was alive, but was severely beaten up. At this point, I had no idea what state to expect to see him in. My head shot up as I heard the front door open.

"Babe?" I heard Peter's strained voice sound. I shot up and rushed out to see him. My eyes widened.

"Oh, Peter." I choked, seeing his messy hair, bruises across his jaw and dried blood on his cheek and under his eye from where he'd been injured.

"I'm okay, I promise." He nodded as I rushed to him and gently cupped his face in my hands.

"Peter, how can you say that? I love you, but you look like shit." I gulped.

"I promise that I'm okay." He reassured before taking a step. He cried out immediately and bent over, wincing as his arm flew up to cradle his stomach.

"Babe, you're far from okay." I shook my head, trying to hold back tears as I hooked one of his arms over my shoulders and wrapped my arm around his waist to help him to our bedroom.

"It's just a couple of scratches, I'll live." He shrugged.

"Peter, I don't want you to just live, I want you to live and be able to move a single step without wincing." I nodded as I eased him down onto his side of the bed. His eyes squeezed shut at the small action, telling me that whatever was lying underneath his clothes was even worse than what I could already see.

"You're lucky that you're married to a nurse." I sighed. He gave me a weak smile and nodded, though still wincing as I gently pulled his suit jacket off before starting to unbutton his once white but now slightly bloodied dress shirt, the blood assumedly from whatever wounds he had on his body. I gasped, more tears pricking my eyes as I unbuttoned the fabric to reveal several deep gashes across his abs and toned chest, each one either deeper or longer than the last.

"P-peter, this is bad." I gulped.

"I know." He nodded, his eyes squeezed shut in pain as he put his legs up onto the bed and lay back against the pillows.

"No, babe, I mean really bad. I-I know that I'm qualified to handle this, but I don't know if I can just stitch this up with what we've got." I scoffed.

"You have to, sweetheart. It's going to be all over the news if the CEO of Stark Industries turns up at the hospital in this state. I know that I'm no longer Spiderman-or wasn't before this mission, but I can't have people finding out now." He shook his head. I sighed, biting my lip and nodding as I rushed into the en-suite to grab what I needed. I grabbed the first-aid kit and some medical string, glad that my job as a nurse made me so paranoid that I had the same kind of kit at home. I walked back into the bedroom, another sigh leaving my lips as Peter lay on the bed, his eyes still squeezed shut and his breathing shallow as he tried to control the pain.

"How did you even get onto the plane? I would have thought that they'd take one look at you in this state and laughed you out of the airport." I scoffed as I grabbed the chair from the corner of our bedroom and placed it next to the bed.

"I had to make an ass out of myself by pulling the "Don't you know who I am, I'm Mr Parker, I own Stark Industries" card. Not my proudest moment, but I just wanted to get home to you." He mumbled weakly. I sighed, biting my lip as my eyes flicked between his clearly exhausted face and the needle that I was trying to pull the string through.

"Get some sleep, babe, you need it. I'll try to make this as painless as possible." I reassured. He tilted his head to look at me, a small smile curling onto his lips as his eyes fluttered open ever so slightly.

"Thank you." He whispered. I gave him a small smile before leaning down and pressing our lips together. I could tell just how weak Peter was by the fact that he barely pushed his lips onto mine, but I knew that he'd return the kiss if he had the strength to. A small sigh left his lips as they rested against mine, telling me that he had drifted off into sleep as I pulled away and looked at the sleeping man. Even in the state that he was in, he was still the most beautiful person that I'd ever seen.

"What am I going to do with you, huh?" I mumbled to myself, gently stroking my hand through his hair as I started to sew up his wounds.

I sat by Peter's body on our bed, holding my head upon my fist and letting my other hand stroke through his curls as he slept soundly. He had been asleep for almost a full day by this point, but I figured that he needed the sleep, especially as it was clear that being as wounded as he had been had drained him to the brink. I sighed, leaning down and kissing his head before standing up and heading out of the room. I walked down the stairs, yawning as I did. Suddenly, I heard something in the kitchen, making me stop in my tracks as my eyes widened. I gulped, rising to my tip-toes and padding silently along the wooden floorboards so that I could see what was happening. I peeked into the kitchen, my eyes widening further as two men dressed all in black stood in the kitchen, looking around.

"Are you sure that this is where Spiderman lives? Seems very small for the CEO of Stark Industries and an ex-Avenger." The first one scoffed.

"I'm sure. Boss put a tracker on his suit after the fucker came to Cali to try and stop us." The other nodded. My eyes widened at their words. These guys must have been somehow linked to the weapons designer that Peter had been assigned to take down. Meaning that I had to run. I rested the rest of my foot on the wooden floorboard, my eyes widening as it creaked. The men shot around and looked at me, making me gasp as I started to run.

"HEY!" They yelled as they ran after me. I ran as fast as I could through the house and to the front door, my heart filling with hope at the thought that I might just make it. That hope was shattered as two massive arms wrapped around my waist and hauled me up.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, screaming again as the man's hand flew up to cover my mouth.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't little Mrs Parker." The other man smirked as he strolled towards me. I continued to scream, my throat soon becoming raw as none of the sounds made it past the guy's hand.

"The boss sent us to get that little fucker, Parker, but I'd argue that getting his precious little wife is even better, wouldn't you, Steve?" the man grinned, looking into my eyes as he talked to the guy holding me.

"Oh definitely." The man scoffed. I choked, trying to stop the tears as the man looked at me before starting to walk towards the stairs. The one named Steve carried me around, making me groan against his hand as no matter how much I struggled, his hold on me didn't falter as he carried me up the stairs. We reached the top, making the first man look down the hallway and into our bedroom, where we could see Peter still asleep on the bed.

"Take a good look at your husband, Mrs Parker, because it'll be the last time that you ever see him. And if he was awake, it would be the last time that he'd ever see you alive. Shame that he isn't." He cooed, making a tear leave my eye.

"Come on, Steve, let's get her to the boss." He nodded as he started to head back down the stairs. I tried desperately to scream Peter's name, tears cascading down my face as the screams only came out as muffled sounds. There would be no way that Peter could hear them, especially given that he was in the deepest sleep he'd ever been in. I choked, giving up on screaming but still trying to get out of the man's grip as he carried me out of the house and to their car.