The truce *part 2* (Tom Holland)

I lay on my side in bed, watching random Netflix shows to pass the time. I sighed and looked at my phone to see that the time was 5:30 pm. No wonder I was so hungry. I peeled back the covers and put a hoodie on over my t-shirt and shorts before heading out of my room and downstairs. I gulped, my stomach immediately filling with butterflies as Tom sat at the island in the kitchen, on his laptop. Alone.

"Some promise, Haz." I mumbled to myself as I walked in.

"Hey." I spoke, making Tom look up at me. His eyes wavered and he sighed as he looked back at the laptop screen.

"Hey." He mumbled as he stared at whatever was on the screen, purposefully to avoid looking at me, I imagined. I sighed, chewing at my lip as I clicked the kettle on, my back now to Tom as I thought. It was risky, but it could work.

"Hey, I've been thinking." I stated as I turned around to look at Tom and leant my body against the counter.

"Really? I didn't know that you were smart enough to think." He mocked, his eyes never leaving the laptop screen. I clenched my jaw, determined to carry out my plan.

"Look, I figured that since I'm stuck here for a month, we should put whatever issues we've had aside and form a truce. For the sake of both of us coming out of this lockdown sane." I nodded.

"Or, better idea, you could just move out." He fake-smiled. I rolled my eyes and walked around the island, making Tom look at me as I walked up to him.

"I'm serious, Tom. Look, we both know that it wasn't my decision to end our friendship, and to be honest, I'm still not sure why you ended it. But it's going to be a very long month for all of us if two out of the six people in this house are dicks to each other." I nodded. Tom sighed, clenching his jaw before looking at me.

"You're willing to forget three years of me being a dick?" he questioned. I sighed and looked at him.

"If it means that I get my best friend back, then yes." I nodded. Tom's face softened slightly, and I could swear that his eyes flicked to my lips as he gulped. After a moment, a small smile tugged on his lips and he held out his hand.

"Truce." he smiled. I returned it, biting my lip as I shook his hand before looking at him. I gave him one last smile before walking out of the kitchen, butterflies in my stomach as I could feel Tom's gaze on me. Except for this time, the butterflies were good.

Tom's P.O.V

"I'm serious, Tom. Look, we both know that it wasn't my decision to end our friendship, and to be honest, I'm still not sure why you ended it. But it's going to be a very long month for all of us if two out of the six people in this house are dicks to each other." Y/N nodded. Tom sighed, clenching his jaw before looking at Y/N. Cutting Y/N off those years ago had been the biggest mistake of Tom's life, and one that he had never forgiven himself for. The only reason that he hadn't fixed it was that it felt like a decision that he couldn't take back. At least not one that he could take back without telling Y/N the real reason that he'd cut her off, the real reason being that he liked her as more than a friend and didn't know how to handle that without ending the friendship.

"You're willing to forget three years of me being a dick?" he questioned. She sighed and looked at him.

"If it means that I get my best friend back, then yes." She nodded. Tom's face softened slightly, his eyes subtly flicking to Y/N's lips as he gulped. He was being given the chance of a lifetime, the girl that he had fucked over was giving him another chance to make things right, and he'd be damned if he let that chance slip away. A small smile tugged on his lips and he held out his hand.

"Truce." He smiled. Y/N returned it, biting her cute little lip as she shook his hand before looking at him. She gave him one last smile before walking out of the kitchen, Tom's gaze staying on the girl's stunning body as she headed down the hallway and out of sight. He let out a shaky breath, a smile still on his lips as he processed what had happened. He had just gotten his best friend, and his crush back, and she had given him the chance to do it without him accidentally revealing his real feelings for her. It couldn't have gone better if Tom had planned it himself. He couldn't lessen the smile as he turned back to his laptop, his mind now filled with thoughts of Y/N as he looked at the screen.

"I heard that you and Y/N made up." He looked up and smiled as Harrison walked in, a smug smile also on the lips of the blond boy.

"News travels fast, huh." Tom chuckled as Harrison walked around the island to opposite of Tom and leant against it.

"Mate, she's been waiting for this for a long time, she literally just ran into my room, yelled "Tom and I are friends again", squealed and then left. It was like I'd given a child too much sugar." Harrison nodded, making Tom laugh at the thought of Y/N being so cute.

"Yeah, well, since we're all trapped here for a month, she suggested a truce. She gave me the perfect reason to end the streak of us not talking." He nodded. Harrison squinted his eyes at his best friend.

"Hold on...you didn't tell her why you cut her off in the first place, did you?" he asked. Tom's smile dipped and he looked down.

"No...it didn't come up, I managed to make it right without mentioning it." He admitted.

"Funny that. Funny how you managed to completely avoid telling our best mate that you cut her off because you couldn't handle being in love with her." Harrison stated. Tom's head shot back up and his eyes widened.

"I'm not in love with Y/N-."

"Oh, I think you are, mate." Harrison nodded.

"Look, all that matters is that we're friends again. She's got her best friend back, so have I, and you have your best friends being together back. Aren't you happy about that?" Tom scoffed.

"Course I am, mate. The bit that I'm not happy about is you not confessing why you did it in the first place." He replied. Tom sighed, rolling his eyes before looking back at the laptop screen.

"For the record, if this quarantine ends and you two are still just friends instead of a couple, you did something wrong. Though I doubt it, I can already feel the sexual tension forming." Harrison teased as he started to leave the kitchen. Tom's eyes widened.

"Harrison?! We've literally been talking again for a minute." He scoffed.

"Yeah, but you're friends again for the first time in three years, after years of previously flirting, and you're stuck in a house together for a month. Something is bound to happen." Harrison nodded.

"You left out the part where we're stuck with four other people, including my brothers." Tom mumbled.

"I'll make sure that you get privacy, mate." Harrison nodded, sending Tom a wink and smirking as he left the room. Tom rolled his eyes and shook his head, though not disliking the idea of going further with Y/N. Not disliking it at all.

Y/N's P.O.V

"Dinner's ready!" Sam yelled from the kitchen as we all filed in, Tuwaine and I setting the table as everyone else sat down.

"Alright, I accidentally made enough pasta to feed an army, let alone six people, so fill your boots." Sam nodded as he put the bowls on the table. I sat down on the middle seat, looking up and smiling as Tom sat next to me. He returned the smile as everyone started to fill their plates with food.

"Where's the salt?" I asked.

"Oh, come on, Y/N, my food isn't so awful that you have to season it before you've even tried it." Sam scoffed, making me stick my tongue out at him as Harrison passed me the salt. I raised my leg, butterflies bursting in my stomach as the action accidentally made my bare leg rub against the side of Tom's jean-covered thigh.

"Shit, sorry, Tom." I gulped as I looked at him.

"You're alright, love." He returned, smiling down at me. I returned it and bit my lip, a mixture of the nickname and how close we were making me extremely grateful that we had made up, as well as making me wonder what was going to happen between us in the next month.