Christmas with SpiderMan (Peter Parker)

(Lmao, so I've kind of been on a roll today, so keep the requests coming!! This isn't a requested imagine, but still, please enjoy! :) )

"Come on, Pete, you promised." I sighed, leaning against my locker as we stood by his open one.

"I know, babe, and I intend to keep that promise, but you know what my patrols can be like and so I just wanted to warn you." He nodded as he looked at me. I sighed again and bit my lip. My family was throwing a Christmas party on Christmas Eve and since it was mine and Peter's last Christmas together before going to different universities and therefore making our relationship long-distance, I was desperate for him to come. But of course, dating SpiderMan was never that easy. Since crime notoriously shot up on Christmas Eve in Queens, Peter would be working a longer patrol than normal, my biggest fear being that he would lose track of time and miss the party. That was all that was in my mind right now, and I couldn't shake that fear for the life of me.

"Promise that you'll at least try to be there." I mumbled. Peter looked at me.

"What's that supposed to mean? I always try." He scoffed. I gulped and looked down as I nervously played with my fingers.

"No, I know, I just...you know how I feel about you, and this'll be the first opportunity to introduce you to most of my family, and...I don't know, I just want it to be perfect." I mumbled. I heard Peter sigh before his finger was gently hooked under my chin and I was forced to look up at him. He gave me a small smile as he gently cupped my face in his hands.

"I will be there, okay? I'll end my patrol an hour early to make sure. I promise, babe, that I will be there." He reassured. I sighed and nodded, making him return it as he leant down and gently kissed me. I returned it, holding his face as his hands moved to my waist.

"I've got to go, okay? May wants me home to help with last-minute Christmas shopping." He chuckled as he broke the kiss.

"Okay. Be there tomorrow at seven. No later. You hear me, Peter Benjamin Parker?" I asked as he started to walk away from me backwards so that we were still facing each other.

"I hear you, my love. Seven pm tomorrow." He smiled before turning around and jogging out of the school. I chuckled and shook my head, but a sigh left my lips once he was gone. I loved Peter with all of my heart, but I knew that he wouldn't be able to keep his promise. And that killed me.

I walked around my full apartment, forcing smiles onto my lips for relatives that I hadn't seen in ten years and trying to avoid making small talk with family friends. I looked at my watch, sighing as it was seven-thirty pm. And still no Peter. I gulped, trying not to let tears prick my eyes as my gut told me that he wouldn't be coming at all. I rolled my eyes at my in-punctual boyfriend as I headed into the kitchen and grabbed a glass before pouring myself a drink of wine.

"You shouldn't be drinking, you're underage." I looked up and rolled my eyes as two of my cousins walked in, the one that I couldn't stand doing the talking.

"Shut up, Hayden, I don't need to be told by my younger cousin that I'm underage." I mumbled, putting the glass to my lips.

"You're eighteen, it's not like you've got long until you can legally drink." Kayla, my less annoying cousin, spoke.

"Exactly." I mumbled.

"Why are you drinking? Is it because your imaginary boyfriend didn't show up? What a surprise." Hayden fake-pouted.

"You've seen pictures of us together, asshole, he's not fucking fake." I spat.

"I've seen pictures of you with some random guy, am I just supposed to believe that he's your boyfriend?" he scoffed.