"You're safe with me" *part 1* (Bradley Baker)

Snow fell silently onto the trees surrounding the road, turning them all a pure white as Bradley and I drove along the deserted road. I sighed, pulling my scarf further around my neck in an attempt to get warm and fiddling with my engagement and wedding rings as we drove in utter silence. My eyebrows furrowed slightly, and I looked at Bradley as he put his hand on my knee. I sighed, looking at the brown-locked and hazel-eyed man that was my husband. Though, most days, he felt more like a stranger. I had first met Bradley when his family had moved to my hometown of London. The sixteen-year-old boy had been your typical grumpy teenager and had been the boy that all the girls at school swooned over, making me still shocked that he had liked me. But there had always been more that was off about him than just being moody. Despite this, I found myself attracted to him, his lips seemingly only ever curling into a smile when he was with me. After seven years of dating, we had finally tied the knot, though I had always suspected that Bradley kept secrets from me. Especially the secret of what had happened to his dad. But after just a couple of years of marriage, Bradley's anger problems and short fuses started to come to light, one of the less-favourable aspects that he'd apparently inherited from his father. So, when he had suggested a quiet weekend away for just the two of us, in a cabin in the middle of nowhere in an attempt to fix our breaking marriage, I had accepted. Even if it was somewhat reluctantly.

"So, um...what do you want to do when we get there?" he asked, focusing on the icy road as his thumb gently moved over my knee through my jeans. I sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know, Brad. Is there even anything to do there?" I scoffed.

"Sure there is, I think. It's ten minutes outside of the nearest town, I think that there's a bar there, a couple shops, um..." he sighed, his jaw clenching in frustration as he struggled to think.

"So, nothing to do. Fucking great." I mumbled. He sighed again and briefly looked at me, switching his glance between me and the road.

"We could always...you know." He chuckled, looking briefly at me and slightly moving his hand up my leg.

"We haven't done that in a long time, why do you want to start again now?" I scoffed. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Because we're having a quiet weekend away, with no one to disturb us, and we're trying to fix our fucking broken marriage, part of a marriage is sex, Y/N." he spoke through gritted teeth.

"Don't grit your teeth at me, Bradley, you haven't wanted sex in months, so don't blame me for wondering why you suddenly want it again now. You know, when you suggested a romantic getaway to get us back on track, I thought you meant a nice hotel somewhere, not an isolated cabin in the middle of a fucking frozen lake. Never mind sex, you'll probably be too fucking cold to get it up." I nodded.

"God fucking forbid I want to fix our marriage, Y/N. Of course, it would probably be fucking easier to just give up on it all and leave me, just like my parents did. Because that turned out so fucking well, didn't it?" he spat, taking his hand off of my leg and gripping the steering wheel tightly instead.

"Fuck me, you sound just like your dad." I mumbled. He looked at me, his eyes widening as his mouth fell open.

"Take that back." He mumbled, clenching his jaw.

"No." I scoffed.

"Take it fucking back, Y/N, or I swear to god, I will turn this fucking car around right now and instead of treating you to a weekend away, I'll treat you to divorce papers." He shook his head.

"I won't take it back, Bradley. Maybe being compared to your dad will finally incentivise you to get some fucking help for your anger issues, like I've been telling you to do for the past five years." I snapped.