The cute boy in the Spiderman suit *part 3* (Peter Parker)

I sat against the window, my back against the wall as I just stared ahead. I looked into the other room as I heard something and my eyebrows furrowed as Peter walked into the room. He gave me a nervous smile and gulped as he sat down on the other side of the glass, crossing his legs as he looked at me.

"H-hey. I'm Peter." He nodded.

"I know." I shrugged. He looked at me.

"What? How?" he scoffed.

"Peter, HYDRA showed me your file so that I'd know who to kill. I know that your full name is Peter Benjamin Parker, you're sixteen, and you live in Queens with your aunt May, who you've lived with since your parents died when you were four, and you got bitten by a radioactive spider, which is how you became Spiderman." I recited. Peter looked at me with wide eyes.

"How do they have so much on me?" he scoffed.

"It's HYDRA, they know everything." I responded simply as I looked straight ahead. My eyebrows furrowed as Peter didn't respond. I looked back at him to see him just staring at me, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was thinking.

"Why didn't you kill me?" he asked after a moment. I sighed and rested my head against the glass as I looked at him.

"I mean, I could feel you in my mind, and in my heart. I know that whatever you saw made you more hesitant to kill me, the more of it that you saw." He spoke, looking at me. I gulped.

"When training me for this mission, HYDRA fed me line after line about how many people you'd killed, both HYDRA agents and innocent people. They portrayed you as this, I don't know, despicable monster, who killed people in cold blood for going against him. But when I looked into your mind, I saw none of that. Instead, I saw a caring boy who had nothing but love to give to people. The Peter that HYDRA introduced me to deserved to die. The Peter that I saw, the real Peter, didn't deserve to." I shrugged. Peter nodded slowly, his gaze slowly travelling down as he thought.

"Well, thanks, I guess. I appreciate you not killing me." He chuckled slightly, making me smile.

"Alright, kid, I have some-Peter?" I looked up and Peter looked over his shoulder to reveal Tony stood there.

"What are you doing here?" Tony asked slowly.

"I, um, just came to talk to her, Mr Stark." Peter shrugged, looking at me. I gave him a small smile, already feeling somewhat attached to the boy.

"Kid, can I talk to the girl in private?" Tony asked.

"No, please, let him stay." I spoke, putting my hand against the glass. Both Tony and Peter looked at me, Peter blushing slightly as he smiled at me.

"Anything that you've found out about me can be said in front of him." I nodded. Tony sighed and looked down at the file in his hand.

"I'll remind you of that in a moment." He mumbled as he skimmed his eyes over the file.

"Okay, so...first things first, your name is Y/N Y/L/N, you're sixteen, and you're from downtown New York." He nodded.

"Y/N. I like that." Peter smiled. I returned it, biting my lip as he stared at me gently.

"Now, for the darker stuff. Y/N, how much do you remember about what HYDRA has been doing to you for the last decade?" Tony asked, walking up to the glass and standing next to Peter, who was still sat on the floor. I looked down and sighed.

"One day, about ten years ago, one of the guards came into my cell with a purple or black stone, I can't remember which, and they implanted it into my chest or something." I mumbled. Tony and Peter's eyes widened.

"Oh my god." Peter whispered.

"It was excruciating and the next day, I had my powers. They've been training me to use them ever since. I must have killed a few hundred HYDRA fighters during training." I choked.

"Y/N, if what you're saying is true, HYDRA gave you your powers by...I don't know, somehow implanting the soul stone into you." Tony scoffed.

"What the hell is the soul stone?" I asked. Peter gulped and looked up at Tony, the man returning his glance.

"We don't need to go into that right now. But it would help if I could run some tests, just to make sure we know what we're dealing with." Tony nodded.

"No, I'm sorry, Mr Stark, but I've been poked and prodded for ten years, I don't want that to carry on under the Avengers, I thought you guys were meant to be the good ones." I scoffed.

"And we are the good ones, but I'm also not risking the entire team because you either turned against us or because you lost control." He retaliated.

"With all due respect, Mr Stark, you know that I can control my powers, I've shown that. And if you really think I'd turn against the people who got me out of HYDRA, you're just as naïve as you thought I was." I nodded. Tony sighed, staring at me. I only just noticed that Peter's eyes were wide and he was now stood up as he had been watching mine and Tony's back and forth.

"Mr Stark, I think we should trust her." Peter spoke, breaking the silence. Tony's eyes widened and he looked at the boy.

"I'm sorry, we should trust the girl who not only tried to kill you, but also has a freaking infinity stone inside of her?" he scoffed.

"Y-yes." Peter nodded. Tony rubbed his hands over his face.

"Fine, fine. No tests, but she's not coming out yet, and you're responsible for her. You hear me, kid?" Tony asked.

"I hear you, Mr Stark." He nodded. Tony sighed and returned it, giving me one last glance before leaving the room, the door sliding open automatically and then shutting behind him. Peter gulped and looked at me, blushing harshly as he gave me an awkward smile.

"Peter, why did you do that?" I asked. He shrugged and looked down.

"I can't imagine what you went through under HYDRA. And you're right, we're the good guys, so we shouldn't do the same stuff that they did. Also, um, I-I don't know, I care about you, I guess, so, I-I don't want to see you in pain." He admitted, shrugging casually.

"Why do you care about me? I tried to kill you a few days ago, yet you've come and talked to me every day since, and now you've vouched for me in front of Mr Stark. Why do all of that for a girl who tried to kill you?" I scoffed. He sighed, his mouth opening as he tried to think of what to say, his arms rising slightly as he threw them up in exacerbation.

"I just, I know what it's like to have your powers forced onto you. I got no say in getting my powers, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and boom, I was Spiderman. That was hard for me, so I can't imagine how hard it was for you, having your powers forced onto you in a much more brutal way. I know how hard it can be, so the least I can do is give you someone to be there for you." He explained. I sighed but couldn't help but smile at how sweet his sentiment was.

"Well, thank you, Peter. For what it's worth, I care about you too." I admitted.

"Good. Because you're stuck with me now." He smiled. I laughed and nodded, butterflies in my stomach as he sat back down on the other side of the glass and looked at me softly.