The thief *part 1* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

I sat in my car, nervously tapping my heeled foot against the carpeted floor as I waited. For what exactly, I wasn't sure. I guess the courage to finally get out of the car and go back into my old friend's club for the first time in five years. Why was I so nervous? Maybe because the old friend was London's most notorious mob boss, Tom Holland, and because I was about to steal one hundred thousand pounds worth of diamonds from him. Yeah. That was probably why. I took a deep breath, checking my hair and makeup in the rear mirror once more before grabbing my bag and opening the car door. I winced as immediately, the cold air hit my bare legs, the dress that I was wearing only being long enough to cover halfway down my thighs. I gulped, trying to swallow my nerves as I locked the car before walking to the club. This wasn't my first heist, not by a long shot, but it was the first time stealing from someone as big as Tom, let alone someone who I called an old friend. He wouldn't be happy if he ever found out that it was me who stole his precious diamonds. I walked up to the doors, the bouncer looking at me as I didn't bother joining the queue for the club.

"Y/N Y/L/N, I'll be on the list." I nodded. The bouncer scanned his eyes over the clipboard in his hands before looking at me and nodding. I returned it and walked into the club, times like these making me grateful for the history that Tom and I had. More specifically, the history of us once being friends with benefits. I walked into the club and looked around as I realised how much I'd missed this place. I hadn't been back since Tom had gotten a girlfriend and had therefore broken off our deal five years ago, something that had hurt me given that I had fallen for the boy, but I didn't let that show. Unsurprisingly, the relationship had only lasted a little over a month, given that Tom wasn't the type for commitment. Though, I was surprised that he had never invited me back into his bed, even after the end of each relationship that he'd had in the five years. I walked up to the bar, leaning against the bar as I scoured my eyes over the club. As usual, it was full to capacity, which would make it easier for me to slip in and out of Tom's office undetected. At least I hoped so.

"Never thought I'd see your face again, angel." I looked to the side and a smile spread across my lips as Tom walked towards me, a smirk on his face.

"Tommy, how wonderful to see you." I smiled as I leant up and pecked his lips, the boy returning the kiss as his hands found my waist.

"And you, darling. What brings you here? Has a client sent you here after a target?" he asked, waving the barman over to us.

"No. I don't do that stuff anymore." I lied, adding a shrug to the mix. Tom wasn't a stupid man, and so I knew that if I told him why I was here, he'd put two and two together and figure out that he was in fact my target. Tom looked at me.

"Don't tell me that you're here for pleasure, babe. That's hardly your style." He scoffed as his thumb gently rubbed against my waist through my dress.

"Is that your non-asshole way of saying that I'm not fun?" I teased, making Tom laugh as he stood up and moved closer to me.

"Of course not, angel. You showed me plenty of times how fun you are." He mumbled into my ear, making me smirk as he gently nipped my earlobe before pulling away and looking at the barman.

"Whatever she orders is on the house." He nodded.

"No problem, Mr Holland." The man returned. Tom looked at me.

"Drink whatever you want, sweetheart. On the condition that you come find me later on and dance with me before you go, yeah?" he asked.

"Of course, Tommy. It'll be just like old times." I smiled. He returned it and nodded, leaning down and pecking my lips once more before disappearing back into the crowd. My smile slowly dipped, and I sighed as the reality set back in. I was about to betray someone who was once my best friend, and someone that I was still in love with. But business was business.