Unexpected (Tom Holland)

I sat on the sofa, legs crossed as I nervously bit at my nail. Zendaya paced the carpet in front of me, gently tapping my positive pregnancy test against the palm of her hand.

"Does Tom know yet?" she asked. I shook my head, making her sigh.

"Who knows, then?" she asked.

"You. Only you. There's so much to figure out that I can't tell Tom yet, and I can't tell my parents or anyone else before telling him, you were the only person that Tom wouldn't be mad at me for telling before him, which I guess is understandable given that he's the dad." I ranted.

"Which is exactly why you need to tell him, babe. Before this gets out." She nodded.

"I know, I know, I just...need to figure stuff out first." I sighed.

"Figure what out? Like whether you're going to have an abortion? Because no judgement, I support you one hundred percent, but if that's what you want, you need to tell Tom." She replied. I groaned, holding my head in my hands.

"No, god, I don't even want to think about not having this baby, but it's just that the timing of this fucking sucks. We're both so young, Tom is doing so well in his career right now, and my career is improving too, this just isn't the right time for either of us." I sighed.

"In your mind it isn't, but you guys can figure it out, and you should if you want to keep this baby. Talk to Tom, Y/N, he's the only other one who needs to have a say in this." She spoke as she sat next to me and gently placed a hand on my shoulder. I gave her a small smile and leant in, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Z. You're a great best friend." I sighed.

"Any time, babe." She returned, gently moving her hand up and down my arm. Suddenly, the door opened, and Tom walked in.

"Guys, our interview-woah, you two okay?" he asked.

"We're fine, Tom." I nodded as I moved out of Zendaya's grip.

"You sure? You look worried, babe." He replied, searching my face with a concerned look in his eyes.

"I'm good." I forced a smile as I leant up and kissed him.

"Okay. Well, our interviews are about to start, so come on." He spoke, gently taking my hand.

"Come on, Z." I said, giving her a look that screamed "don't tell him". She rolled her eyes and gave me a small nod, agreeing to my terms as we left the room.

Zendaya and I stood next to Harrison and Jacob as we watched Tom's interview from behind the camera.

"So, Tom, it's a common misconception that you're dating your co-star, Zendaya. In reality, you are actually dating your other co-star, Y/N." the interviewer spoke.

"I am, yes." He nodded, making me smile slightly as he caught my gaze.

"What's that like?" she asked.

"Oh, man. That's actually a really tough question because of all the stuff I can say about her." He smiled, making the interviewer chuckle.

"It's honestly amazing to date Y/N. She's beautiful, kind, caring, tenacious, not to mention how skilled she is as an actor. I respect her immensely both as an actor and as my girlfriend, and I can say that I genuinely see my future wife in her." He smiled. I bit my lip to try and suppress my smile, tears pricking my eyes as Zendaya, Jacob and Harrison all looked at me with smiles on their lips.

"That's so lovely. I have one more question about your relationship before I move on to questions about the new Spiderman movie." She nodded.

"Shoot." Tom smiled as he put his bottle of water to his lips and started to drink.

"Is it true that Y/N is pregnant?"

Tom choked on the water, everyone's eyes widening.

"Oh my god." Zendaya whispered as Jacob and Harrison looked between Tom and I with wide eyes. Tom stared at the interviewer, clearly too focused on that fucking stupid question to care about the water dripping from his chin.

"Sorry...what?" he gulped, breaking the silence that had been present for at least a minute.

"One of our unnamed sources spotted Y/N buying a pregnancy test a couple of days ago. So, we assumed that since you're her boyfriend and therefore would presumably be the father, you'd know if she was pregnant." She nodded. My eyes widened.

"Did she really just suggest that I'd cheat on Tom?" I scoffed to Zendaya, making her sigh and shake her head at the interviewer.

"I...um...I really don't know. I don't know why Y/N would be buying that, given that she's not pregnant as far as I'm aware, but if she is, I one hundred percent trust that she has a very good reason for not telling me yet and that she'll tell me in her own time. I trust her unconditionally and I trust whatever she is doing." He nodded. I gulped, feeling slightly reassured by Tom standing up for me like that.

"I'm really sorry, can we, um, can we cut this short? I need to talk to Y/N." Tom nodded. My eyes widened.

"Um, I mean-."

"Thanks." He replied, not waiting for the interviewer to respond properly as he shot up and quickly took the microphone off. He rushed off of set, making my eyes widen as he grabbed my hand as he passed and pulled me out of the room. He pulled me along the corridor and opened a random door, checking that the room was empty before pulling me inside. He shut the door and looked at me.

"Do you have something to tell me, darling?" he asked. A small choke left my lips, making me bury my face in my hands as the tears started to leave my eyes. Tom's face immediately softened, and he rushed to me, engulfing me in a hug.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're alright, I have you, love." He gently cooed, pressing his lips into my hair as the other hand stroked through my hair.

"I'm sorry, Tom. I swear that I was going to tell you soon, I would have told you if I had known she was going to ask-god, I can't believe you found out you're going to be a dad because of that stupid interview-."

"Wait, woah, what?" he scoffed, pulling back so that he could see my face but still holding me in his arms.

"You...are pregnant?" he asked quietly. I gulped and nodded.

"You're going to be a dad." I chuckled but it was forced. Almost immediately, a smile spread onto Tom's face and his eyes started to fill with tears.

"Oh my god. This...this is amazing, babe. I'm going to be a dad." He smiled widely.

"You're happy?" I asked. He looked at me.

"You're not?" he returned.

"God, no, of course I am, but my career is just taking off, your career is at its height, I don't want to jeopardise that, especially not your career, for a child that we're not ready for." I sighed.

"That's not going to happen, babe. Neither of us are going to let a child get in the way of our work, but we're also not going to let our work get in the way of being parents, because this is going to be great! If it's a girl, I can plait her hair and play dolls with her, and obviously play football and stuff with her if she wants, and if it's a boy, I'll dress him in Spiderman onesies and we'll play video games, and god, Tess will love them so much-." I cut him off by pressing our lips together. Tom immediately smiled into it and returned it, making me sink against his body as he deepened the kiss. He broke the kiss and smiled at me.

"We can do this, sweetheart. We're going to be amazing parents." He nodded.

"I can't wait." I replied, smiling as I kissed him again.