Rumours (Tom Holland)

Requested by Jorjaleighxo: Y/N and Tom are doing an interview promoting "Spiderman: far from home" on the Jimmy Fallon show. There have been rumours about them dating but they deny them and claim that they just like each other, despite the fact that they've already confessed their feelings for each other

I sat in my dressing room backstage as I waited to go onto the "Jimmy Fallon Show". I looked over my shoulder as I heard a knock on the door. It opened immediately after, making me smile as Tom slipped into the room before shutting the door.

"Hey." I smiled as I stood up and went to him.

"Hey." he chuckled, putting his hands on my hips as he leant down and pressed our lips together. I returned the kiss, my smile widening against his lips as I held his face. Since I played Tom's love interest in the movie "Spiderman: far from home", rumours questioning our relationship status had surrounded us from the start of me being cast. In public, we had denied all of the rumours and had claimed that we were just really close friends. But in private, Tom and I had confessed our feelings for each other after only six months of being on set together, and had been in a secret relationship ever since. Tom broke the kiss and looked at me.

"You ready for the interview?" he mumbled, his gaze still on my lips.

"I think so. But it is my first big interview, what if I fuck up?" I gulped. He shook his head as he gently took my face into his hands.

"You won't, darling. And I'll be there, sitting right next to you. I know that you get reassured by my hand on your leg and stuff, so I'll try to do that in a subtle way if I can." he reassured. I looked at him.

"Speaking of us, we're still in agreement that we continue denying our relationship for now? Continue with the narrative of "just best friends"?" I checked.

"If that's okay with you, sweetheart. I want to announce it on our terms." he nodded. I returned it and bit my lip, leaning up to kiss him once more.

Tom and I stood backstage, waiting to be called onto the show. I couldn't help but feel slightly more relaxed as Tom stood behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist and my hands over his as he gently swayed me in his arms.

"Our next guests are stars of the most recent "Spiderman" movie. These two actors have been surrounded by rumours since they started playing love interests, and so it's been questioned if that relationship will be confirmed tonight." Jimmy Fallon spoke. The audience made "ooh" sounds, making Tom and I smile as he kissed the side of my head.

"Showtime, darling." he spoke quietly as he unwrapped his arms from me.

"Please welcome to the stage, Tom Holland and Y/N Y/L/N!" Jimmy Fallon yelled. The audience erupted in cheering and clapping as I walked on, followed by Tom. I smiled and waved at the audience, Tom doing the same as we sat down on the sofa next to Jimmy's desk.

"Look at you two, you look amazing." Jimmy smiled, making the audience cheer as Tom and I returned the smile. Though mine was partially fake in an effort to hide how nervous I was. After all, not only was I on my first proper interview show, but I was next to Tom. We'd been together for a year and a half now, but I still got butterflies around him.

"Thank you, we do try." Tom teased.

"So, Y/N, my first question is for you." Jimmy nodded, making me look at him.

"Shoot." I chuckled nervously. Tom must have sensed my nerves because before I knew it, his arm rested on the back of the sofa and his fingers subtly started brushing my arm. Tom knew that subtle brushes and touches of my arms, waist and legs made me feel more at ease, and so I appreciated him already making the effort to calm me down.