Untitled Part 73

The inhabitants of the settlement guarded the road leading to the entrance to the cave. Almost all of its inhabitants flocked and received the newcomers, who accompanied six horses. Eszkam wanted to negotiate with the leaders while he left Horka to look for accommodation for the night.

The fighter did not like the assignment, as he had already singled out a lady with whom he would have preferred to spend his time. Reluctantly, however, he did as the taltos asked.

Eszkam arrived at the main building shortly. The leaders went before him, so he was greeted. He who came in front fell to the ground and touched the ground with his forehead at his feet. He didn't even look up, he started talking like this:

" O Almighty Lord of Taltos, who is the greatest and noblest among us." Well, you came back from your long journey and brought the child with you. News preceded you. Tell me, what do you want from us? And spread his arms to the leaders lined up behind him.

- I'm not omnipotent. Eskam replied, lifting the still-kneeling from the ground. - Food, accommodation for the night. All I ask is that your horses take care of us while it is needed.

" As always, you're modest or good, sir." Of course we will do what you ask. The arrival of the high priests on the great mountain awaits your arrival. They haven't seen Gorda in a long time.

The speech surprised Eskam a little, and he asked in surprise:

- Where is my father? Maybe he's not here?

- Well, you're the lord. You are Gorda.

- My name is Oskam. Don't you recognize it?

- As you wish, High Priest. the driver began to back down with a deep bow. - the servant will arrange your horses and show you your accommodation where you can spend the night . You don't have to pay for it, "he said desperately when he saw Oskam reaching for his purse — everything here is yours.

My device nodded. He didn't understand what this man was telling him. Maybe once you've met him so far. He doesn't even know his name. Everything Setra's concern grew. If Gorda isn't here, that's not good. Fifteen winters have passed since he last visited here. That's probably why he's mixed with his father. As he ages, perhaps his features are more like him. With that, he found out.