Untitled Part 123

Attila walked up and down behind the throne of his occasionally erected but magnificent tent, leaving a relatively large area for councils, the roof of which was held by wood-carved, gilded columns. Aldar was sitting in one corner of the room, not far from the back of the throne.

Jenő tried to keep up with Attila, while he explained and waved fiercely. He was careful not to raise his voice .

Gork watched them from afar. Next to him took place the young Velik, who caused this tension with his account.

Gork briefly argued why he had the young taltos beside him, whom no one had heard of before. What Attila had said was not happy, and he would not have believed his words if he had not heard the horror stories circulating about Bleda before, and the fact that his brother was searching insanely for something in the caves under the Hun ruler's castle.

- Attila. You can't believe every word without question . You can't turn to that. Flavius ​​may already be there for his legions. If you back off now, you need another twelve moons before you can return. Without you, your army will be scattered. Rome can win the war we have been fighting for so long without a fight.

" What's the point of people not accepting their king?" To whom should we fight, if not for the people, and for posterity? Mond Jenő. For who? If I leave it at that, I can't see with my own eyes what this man is talking about - meanwhile he looked at Velik - then the ideals of my father and grandfather could be there . If you have just a drop of truth, everyone will fight against their memory.

" What if it's just your intention to go home?" You don't even know me. You don't know anything about it.

" But Gork knows, and if He knows, I have to accept it." This is the law.

Jenő remained speechless on this argument. Then after a while he said so.

- Think about this.

- I thought about Jenő. You lead the army in front of the battlefield. I'm just coming home with an escort. Gork will help you. Aldar will stay with you too. That way I can come back, even before the battle.

- What do you tell your next ones?

- I 'm still negotiating with them. I will receive them tomorrow. Don't see me leave the army.