Untitled Part 189

The chains of the huge warrior priest rang as he walked in a dormitory-sized cell. The screams cut off his mind. He had tried his chains, all the time, but they were thick and strong. It was as if their makers knew how great a force they had to withstand.

My device hung on a chain attached to the ceiling. His body was naked, dirty and bloody already. The huge metal boots were heated in the fire. The Pretoriaian in front of him, wearing a hood on his head, slowly repeated over and over again what they would do to the high priest. In the far corner of the room, a clerk took a seat. In front of him, papers stretched on wooden boards, pointed bird feathers, and ink in a bottle.

" Let's take your fingers off your feet first." Slowly. Cut the skin on them to the bone. On both feet. Then, first, peel the skin off your toes. With these. The Pretoria showed Eskam the tools to peel off the skin. - If you want to speak, do it, and it will be missed. But to make things easier with the hot boots, we first soften your feet now, then take you back to your cell and let your pain permeate your mind. Our goal is not the death of your body, but to keep you alive in the midst of torment.

- We need this Pretoria. I'm not saying anything. Your questions all lead to you wanting to destroy the taltos. Can't your mind comprehend that you will perish with our destruction? "Eskam tried to argue in despair, but his words meant nothing."

The hot boots were taken out of the fire by the helpers with the long pliers. He was first immersed in water for a short time. He squeaked in the huge cloud of steam. Then Oskam's legs were caught under his knees, and his open boots were placed on his feet. The roar shook the prison walls. From the depths, no one reached the voice. The clerk eagerly took notes.

Shortly after the horrible roar, the door to Horka's cell opened. A seemingly unconscious body was drawn in, which already had a metal pallet on its neck and metal gloves on its hands. The pallet was attached to huge chains attached to the wall on two sides, leaving the unconscious lying on the ground.

Next to the lattice entrance, rags and a bowl full of clean water were placed. Bottles containing oils. Horka's chains were allowed to lengthen after the door, made of thick gratings, was closed from the outside.

- Look at his wounds. The imperial doctor sat down in a chair at a more distant point, watching from there.

He was afraid of infections, and he could not stand the Emperor's wish that He was responsible for keeping the High Priest of Taltos alive.

Horka immediately went for the water bowl. Taking care not to spill its contents, he placed it next to Eskam on the ground and then went back for the oil bottles and rags.

The high priest was breathing, he could only faint. Horka thought of this as he became aware that Eskam was looking at the water in the bowl.

- Kneel next to me so the doctor can't see. The main taltos whispered. Horka obeyed.

- Tell me what else to do. Horka was immediately excited to see the high priest's consciousness clear.

- Nothing. Just pretend to heal my feet. Drag the water bowl between the two of us.

Horka did as Eskam asked. His surprise was not seen by the doctor.

- It's magic. Horka whispered. "I've never seen anything like it."

The chief murmured softly the spells. Golden runes appeared on the surface of the water.

The water in the bowl began to ripple, and then they walked in the form of tiny, translucent human beings along the feet of Eskam to his feet. There the burnt flesh and under the skin disappeared. Slowly, Eskam's injured foot just changed, then a water bubble appeared next to the big toe of his right foot. Slowly, a sixth finger emerged from the high priest's foot, as if it had been there in front of him. Then the water slowly flowed to the floor. Eskam's head turned red and then orange blisters appeared on it. It made it look as if the burnt skin surface had begun to heal from Horka's care.