Untitled Part 165

Flavius ​​sat in his chair in front of his huge desk. The tent was magnificent. In addition to the room set up for that council, several rooms served its convenience. Everything was designed so that you would not miss anything. The ladies who were meant to take care of her were not only beautiful, but middle-class students in the best schools in Rome, or higher.

The leech who stood in front of his desk was a young boy who gave the appearance of a peasant wearing simple clothes. The lady with a shy look on her, who was trying to get into the adjoining room with the warlord's bath water, also aroused her interest.

- Are you saying these statements are true? Flavius's puzzled question surprised the boy.

- That's my warlord. The second chariot carriage carrying heavy weapons was attacked by Hun troops in a month. It is estimated that the loss will exceed fifty thousand armor and its armaments.

- Loss. Loss. I want to know who is responsible for this. I read from previous reports that Attila is not with the Hun army.

" But he had two warlords left." And a high priest.

- Who are they?

- One of the warlords is Jenő. I know he is also Attila's advisor. The other one is Aldar. He is still young but dynamic. They say we owe the loss of the second caravan to him. Our people fled from him.

- It doesn't work either. These barbaric peoples do not have the knowledge that we Romans apply.

- Their high priests may be those who have recorded previous battles and provided them with strategic advice.

- You can leave. The commander gestured to the boy, who made military moves toward the tent door.

- Priscus! The boy stopped abruptly and could barely swallow. The warlord knows his name - go to Migros now! Tell him I sent you to study farming! You stay there for a week before you go exploring again! If you march in this way in peasant clothes, you will soon find yourself stalked in one of the Huns' villages. I don't want to lose a good soldier. If you dress like a farmer, you should look like that too. Let me no longer see you casting your eyes at a prestigious lady in an outfit like this. Choose from the leeches. You can leave.

The boy went out the door without a word, in front of which an old old man was waiting. He had a long white beard, a cramped stick higher than a man, a snow-white dress.

The doorman entered the tent:

" Tryskos is here, sir, asking for admission."

- Let go !!

The old man entered the tent with his back bent. Flavius ​​got up from his seat and motioned for the newcomer to the dining table in the hall. There he offered a place and a drink.

- Wine, red if possible. The old man said in a pleasant voice.

Flavius ​​poured it for him and then for himself in a cup. He also pushed tiny candy in front of the old man on the table.

- Why did you ask for a warlord?

- Who are the taltos? The question was short, and Truscos looked at him in surprise.

- What are you doing with them?

- I haven't heard of them before. You did not mention that the Huns were helped by such priests. Why?

- They are not characterized by a fight with Flavius. They avoid war. They were always away from that.

" But now they seem to be here."

- There's a serious reason for that, general. If they also go to war at Katalaunum, there is a serious reason. And you will pay a high price for it. You can't win by Attila going to war against you with high priests. Even if you are outnumbered.

- What do you mean? The pagan priests of the Huns are known to stun their minds with herbs and decoctions. They drum, sing, wail. They scare with masks, weave tales, paint figures. Many times they are stunned that they do not know their world, let alone their country. How would they go to war? I saw someone who couldn't take it, smoked so much grass and drank poppy seeds...

"Your knowledge in this area is very incomplete." The ones you're talking about are the shamans Flavius. They are everywhere. Many of them boast of being huge. Their minds are most often confused as they age. They are not of the taltos order. That, in turn, is true. Any taltos is capable of behaving like a shaman. They also do to be deceived. The shaman, on the other hand, cannot be taltos. There is no way.

- Shaman! Táltos! It's getting better for me.

- Then what did you call me here? The old man smiled and also ate the food the general had previously pushed in front of him.

" If I did accept that it was as you say." What can I expect?

" If you do, remember Egypt."

- It's impossible !! The commander now jumped up from his chair and began to walk nervously. - those Egyptian priests knew the ancient knowledge, and we had to bargain that our armies...

- That's right Flavius. Taltos also draw from ancient knowledge. This is still the case. You need to talk to a main trainer.

- Really? And who would you recommend? The voice of the commander-in-chief became interested.

" I heard that after Gorda fell, they became Osko's leader." It is also said that the high priest is now in the Hun capital. As he serves Attila, His arrival is also expected. But they also talk about something else.

- What, and who speaks these?

" There's a rumor among the druids about a boy with swords blazing with blue light. Visitors say he can fly. And they also talk about where Eszkam appears, this boy too.

- You drink too much poppy tea. Or maybe you eat mushrooms. The warlord smiled. - There are no flaming people!

The warlord and his guests talked for a long time, and then under the guise of night the druid disappeared into the thick of the forest.

Even that night, Flavius ​​asked one of his faithful servants. His task was to go to Rome and look for the high priest of the city there. He handed the servant a writing sealed with his own seal, which he could only give to the high priest unharmed.

After the servant left, he called five of his own bodyguards in disguise. They followed the servant who had the writing. One of them was responsible for receiving the answer in Rome, and also for reading about the high priest's face and body. Their report was awaited by the commander as soon as possible.