Untitled Part 199

Eskam looked around the camp anxiously. They rode for two days and two nights without stopping. That's not what he meant. They wounded almost everywhere. The corpses of spies drawn into their arms indicated which of the Allies stood on the Roman side. Thousands wept, but the military machinery still worked. Hun blacksmiths hacked, repaired guns.

The high priest got off his horse, as did Horka. He started on foot. talking to people he tried to find out as much as possible. The fight began two days ago at sunrise. Thirty of the Allied kings turned against Attila, facing one and a half million soldiers. The king's fighting spirit resembles madness, which also permeated the Hun warriors. At the end of each day, thousands are dead on the battlefield. Oskam stepped nervously into Attila's huge tent, pushing aside the doormen who turned to him in shock. Inside, a declining number of leaders were sitting on a council of war.

- What did you do, king? Eskam's voice sounded like thunder. Those present stared at him incomprehensibly.

- I also welcome High Priest. Attila said these words contemptuously.

" Did your desire for power take your mind?" How could you negotiate with Rome at the request of Flavius ​​in the middle of the battlefield, without control and witnesses? People say that your allies turned against you because Rome offered you its imperial throne. Their tricks must have been known before you. He didn't hide the taltos' temper.

- People are telling the truth, Eskam. - Attila was measured.

The high priest now sat down in one of the chairs, staring at Attila incomprehensibly. Those present watched the strange scene in amazement. No one wanted to ask a question until they wanted an answer from the king. Attila sent a contemptuous look to Eszkam again, then said:

" I hear you passed the time in Rome, where the Huns donated their blood."

- Your father warned the imperial throne of Rome. Or don't you remember? - I didn't hide Eskam's frustration. "Their empire is desperately hoeing to escape the grip of sin and contagion that their unfit imperial blood has been carrying for a century. They are only used as baits for one of the stronger senators to sit in your seat...

" My father didn't have to rule such an empire." His burdens were much smaller than mine. His plans weren't bigger either.

- Then why Attila. If your burdens are still high. Why do you even need Rome?

- Are you talking, High Priest? What were you doing there during the war? What did you do or say you left your life and are you here again? You taught. There is nothing without reason. Attila waved his hand at the clerk, who nodded. "According to my order, Eskam will take control of three thousand light-armed infantry on the west side to leave this tent. Even before sunrise, the army, led by Him, marches to the battlefield with its soldiers after the diversionary movements of the Hun archer cavalry. The king waved again to the scribe, who had sealed the order and handed it over to the servant.

There was silence in the room. One of Attila's commanders leaned back and blew out the air audibly. Smiling, she smoothed her hair back. He thanked the god of heaven for the thought that he still had time for some fun, and in the morning he would not go to his death. Even after the departing Eshcam, the king said:

" With this you can prove your loyalty to your king and your Hunts, Eskam." Your young protégé is also with you. Attila looked at Oguz, which was next to Aldar. - proves his aptitude in battles two days ago. If you fall, you're in the right place. the words bore contempt. - They can leave now. You don't have anything here anymore, you know everything that belongs to you. Everyone could feel the king's distrust in his voice.

The doormen opened the tent door. They stood until Eskam and Oguz left the council. Gork looked sadly at Eszkam. He didn't think this moment would come, and one day he would feel it. As the high priest and Oguz left the tent, eight servants passed by them, carrying a covered chest on long poles. Eszkam's attention was not escaped by the fancy dresser accompanying them, nor was the fact that the tent door opened immediately in front of them, nor did they have to wait. The new coat of arms depicting the moon and the huge bear was not yet known to many.