Untitled Part 184

On the dark streets of Rome, no one knew the strange couple who were heading for the huge building that ruled almost one of the seven hills called the heart of the city.

From the flood of nocturnal man, who hurried to the performances due to the sight of fights exploiting the dark shadows from the pubs, some turned and stared in amazement at the seemingly huge bearskin figure. And the other, who followed two steps. His stature was even more powerful than his bear-like man. She wore her hair, wrapped around her neck.

The magnificent main entrance to the huge building was so high that it surprised Eszkam as well. Horka stared with his mouth open, looking at the top with his gaze.

- What do they bring in this? Horka asked foolishly, and Eszkam motioned for silence.

Meanwhile, the fifty people who had followed them in the surrounding streets next to them and behind them did not escape the high priest's attention. The emperor's bodyguard had a hard time getting rid of his habits. They also revealed themselves in disguise with their foolishly shaped figure, which they wore so proudly in service and marched through the streets, signaling how powerful the emperor was in Rome.

Eskam picked up the ornate knocker depicting a lion's head mounted on a huge door, then slowly tapped it twice on the solid wood. Next to him, a high-looking spy window opened. A pair of eyes appeared on that.

" I'm Eskam, high priest of the Taltos." I came to the high priest of Rome.

A smaller door was revealed on the huge door, through which they could both comfortably fit Horka. In the mind of the warrior priest was still the daze caused by the sight of the winged human figures adorning the building and the ornate statues depicting people who once lived as his amazement sat even more on his face.

The interior of the building was approached through a seemingly small uncovered courtyard. They reached a huge door in wide corridors proclaiming worldly splendor, though it was not as large as the outer gate. The room they entered seemed infinitely long. His ceiling was so high that Horka thought maybe fifty of him could stand on each other's shoulders, even then he wouldn't reach it. His peculiar white columns, boasting a cute, silvery color, were also huge. At the top of the dome, it was as if he thought he was discovering shadows. He could see some kind of gallery, but he was so tall he couldn't take it out well.

In the room, huge metal structures resembling car wheels hung on chains at different heights from the ceiling. Plenty. On the tiny bowls in which essential oil burned, a pleasant odor flowed from the smoke of the flames. At the colonnade on the left, he saw many people in the distance, working at tables by the light of fires flooding almost daylight. Between every fourth column was a pool full of water, in which images of flames were reflected.

- Stop Oskam !! Horka pulled back the high priest. - I can't defend you here. We have to get back to Attila in two days, otherwise he will search. If you find out you've been here...

- Stay here Horka !! Eskam's voice was measured and brittle. "What comes next, your mind wouldn't understand anyway!"

The warrior priest was reluctant, but still remained there with the servant in the doorway, who offered him a seat on the bench by the wall. There was food and wine on the table. Horka sat down, his back against the wall. His alertness grew tremendously. So far, he had felt the grip of his two swords hidden under his clothes, then poured himself wine and began to snack.